About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=530e225e510858c5a2a448ee735e5fb6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

I dont wanna spend money on bad items, please check.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eskyle (Andrew)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: I dont wanna spend money on bad items, please check. Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160179495224

anakin ^^^ obi-wan vvv

http://cgi.ebay.com/OBI-WAN-TUNIC-L-star-wars-jedi-Ben-Halloween-Costume_W0QQitemZ180281607901QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180281607901&_trkparms=72%3A1071%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Quick question.
Would either of those count for a basic generic Jedi?
I'll still have to get belt and boots, but still, would one of them work?
I'm not going for Obi-wan/ Anakin as a charrie, but, could I use one of those costumes and be approved to join the RL?
Once I get boots and belt/ belt accersories of course.
~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~ Ben
Looking for used boots/ belts! Anyone?
boot size 13,
belt size 32 waist

Would these work as boots? Unless someone has used boots size 13 they'll sell me?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jedi-Military-Riding-Renaissance-Boots-Black-1404-12-13_W0QQitemZ320290325045QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320290325045&_trkparms=72%3A1071%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited by eskyle (Andrew) on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bouri-Plwel ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be accepted. It is a good beginner costume.....just be careful...sometimes you "get what you pay for". You will need to take extra care of it to make it last.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"

Last edited by Bouri-Plwel () on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, like I said before, it's a start. And, you said you plan to upgrade eventually. You'll find you can't hang around the Rebel Legion long before you get the "upgrade" bug and want to make your costume even better. Smile

eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USricAF wrote:
I think that would be accepted. It is a ood beginner costume.....just be careful...sometimes you "get what you pay for". You will need to take extra care of it to make it last.

yay! i have ric's aproval.
thats good enough for me for now i guess.
ill order the obi-wan, as Rachel said the anakin one would be less likely approved...
now i just need boots and belt.

And, the custom saber shop is out of covertect clips, anyone know another place i can get one, plus a 8-32 socket head cap screw to put it on the saber with??
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Han Solo from that seller they're stuff is pretty good, you might have to edit some things on it though, like making the tabbards sit more correctly on the front(there isn't a space) but I mean a friend of mine is ordering a Rebel Trooper from them so it's a good start

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
I have a Han Solo from that seller they're stuff is pretty good, you might have to edit some things on it though, like making the tabbards sit more correctly on the front(there isn't a space) but I mean a friend of mine is ordering a Rebel Trooper from them so it's a good start

Well, I'll place the order later today.
I'm going to try and talk them down off 100$
I have an excellent saber on the way for 25 $
So that leaves me with about 175 $.
I'd prefer to talk them down as much as possible, so that I can have extra money for boots and a belt, assumeing i have to buy new ones.
ArkaiHalon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget his shipping costs, $30.

Cost wise, you'd probably be better off to sew it yourself, or see if you can sweet talk someone you know to sew it for you.
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you can do is go to his ebay store and look for his auctions that have the "make an offer" sign on them. THen make him a lower offer and see if he accepts. I have done that before and he has accepted a lot of things at around 50% off his asking price!

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArkaiHalon wrote:
don't forget his shipping costs, $30.

Cost wise, you'd probably be better off to sew it yourself, or see if you can sweet talk someone you know to sew it for you.

One, cant sew.
Two, tried that, haha
Its to much sewing for them to do.
Thier life, along with age, not exactly a viable option.
So, premade is the way to go for me.
Yeah, I've taken into account his shipping costs, if I can talk him down to
at least 70 $, then, It'll be fine, 100 $ tottal.
That will leave me roughly 75 $ for belt/ boots.
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charybdis wrote:
One thing you can do is go to his ebay store and look for his auctions that have the "make an offer" sign on them. THen make him a lower offer and see if he accepts. I have done that before and he has accepted a lot of things at around 50% off his asking price!

That's actually what i was planning.
I'm really hopeing he'll take 50 for it, then ill use 80, includeing shipping.
That'll leave me a nice chunk of change to get the boots/ belt.
Bouri-Plwel ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will work the boots and belt with you when I get back off my trip....I think I have some things extra in my closet that will work nicely for you that I don't use anymore!!!!

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USricAF wrote:
I will work the boots and belt with you when I get back off my trip....I think I have some things extra in my closet that will work nicely for you that I don't use anymore!!!!

Whoo-hoo! haha...
well, like i said idk how many times now, but, I'll have about 75 $ left.
eskyle (Andrew)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rei.com/product/749159

I doubt they will, but, would those work?
They are all rubber tho, so, i dont think so...
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I dont wanna spend money on bad items, please check. Reply with quote

eskyle wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160179495224

anakin ^^^ obi-wan vvv

Interesting that is's being touted as Anakin's Tunic set (New Improved Version) but the description says:
Quote:
3) Pair of Tabard
- Black Color

Psst.....Dark Chocolate Brown....
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't matter that they're all rubber, the bigger issue is that they're black. Granted that can be painted and in fact someone in this group purchased, I believe they were rubber, snake boots (camo but they come up to the knee) and painted them brown. The pic they posted of it in costume looked pretty nice.
The bad thing about rubber is it won't last you, so although it's cheaper than a leather boot, it will crack and die on you well before a leather boot would...well, as long as you take care of the leather boot.

oh yeah, and I've been told that rubber boots don't breathe as well as leather boots...but you know, socks that wick away moisture would solve that. I haven't ever worn a rubber boot, so I can't say for sure, just what I've heard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: