About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=87efceeeedd3889561b07a9e417a0d46Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Providence Movie Night 9/4 Thursday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kamino Base -> Kamino Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (4)

(1)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
ErjediikWed Aug 27, 2008 5:15 pm
AngWed Aug 27, 2008 7:51 pm
JoAnn OffeeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:05 am
forcepixieFri Aug 29, 2008 12:17 am
AdamScottFMThu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 pm
MacRicanThu Aug 28, 2008 1:38 am
Jedi-GThu Aug 28, 2008 3:22 am
GooseFri Aug 29, 2008 3:27 pm
Erjediik ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Providence Movie Night 9/4 Thursday
Event: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Just got the call on this one

Movie Night in downtown Providence Thursday September 4th
Star Wars is showing

Time frame of 6:30 ish
More info coming soon
Jedi-G ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I wish I could go..
Ang (Angela Costello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a thread up on our forum...for those that can see it...about the event.

For those that can't, until the host is moved, here's the copypasta:

Every Thursday night from June to October Providence does an outdoor "Movies on the Block" feature at dusk. It's a totally free event and tends to have a good turn out.

Next Thursday night is Star Wars...as in the first ever one, A New Hope, whatever you call it. Anywho, this started as an NEG event, and it was potential until 9am this morning when I got a phone call about it that we are 100% go! I never got a chance to post this over on Alderaan since I wasn't sure if we could troop it or not, but now it's our first official event! HOORAH!

The objective is a meet and greet, sit with the fans and watch the movie, pose for pics, the usual. Food and drink may be provided by a nearby coffee lounge called Tazza that helps run the event.

All costumes are welcome however we want the emphasis on the OT. Han, Leia, RFTs, etc. I WILL be posting this over on Alderaan Base and see if we can have Jodi or Jillian in their ANH Leia come down and a few other RFTs to get choked by whoever does Vader. Rebel pilots are always welcome as well. I'll probably be Imperial for this. (CTG members if you want to come Imperial, you're welcome to do so. Just let me know and I'll add you in on the headcount on the NEG board.)

Parking and changing areas ARE an issue. We have nothing secure, unfortunately. So those that can get into costume easily and can help others will be needed. It looks like we're going to be shuttling people down the hill from my house, and keeping bins in my van and the Larkin's SUV to get those in plastic geared up on-site. There is street parking available if we can get it, and a pay lot right there that from what I understand isn't a lot of money so if we all pitch it it shouldn't be a problem.

ETA for event start is 7:30pm. They show a few independent shorts at first to get it dark enough and get the audience focused before the feature film begins. I suggest we all rendezvous in my parking lot at 6.

Ready, set, go KAMINO! GO!

Directions to my place:

From points North (Boston, etc.): Take 95 South to Providence, exit on ATWELLS AVE. When you come up the ramp, make a right and go under the Pineapple. The first light is Dean St. Make a LEFT here. My house is the off-white one between Federal Signs and the Bombay Club on the immediate right, but do not attempt to park there. What you will have to do is go past my house to Federal St. and make a sharp right on the fork. You will see a sign that says, "Parking for Benell Building and Federal Sign Only", and park in that lot. The Benells are my landlords, and they won't have a problem with everyone parking there for a few hours. From there just cross the alley and walk through a driveway to the back of my house. (It's the only one that LOOKS like a house between two buildings.) Please use the back door which will open to the stairs, and I am on the 2nd floor.

From points South (Southern CT/West Bay RI): Take 95 North to Providence, and exit on BROADWAY. This is a VERY TRICKY EXIT so make sure as soon as you get past the Thurbers Ave curve that you get as far RIGHT as possible and be aware of oncoming traffic from 195. When you come off of the exit, make a left onto Broadway, and drive to Dean St., which is the first light. Make a RIGHT on Dean, and then a LEFT on Federal. (There is a fork, keep RIGHT on the fork) Follow the directions as above for parking.

From Points East (Cape Cod/East Prov/East Bay): Take 195 West to Providence and merge onto 95 North. Keep right and immediately exit onto BROADWAY. Follow directions as above from points South.

From Points West (Western RI/Central CT.) Take Suicide 6, er...Rte 6 East to Providence as it merges with Rte. 10 into the Huntington Expressway. There will be an exit for Dean St. once you near downtown. Take the exit and merge right onto Dean. The first light is Atwells. Cross the light and follow the flow of traffic to Dean (It's a bit caddy-cornered, you'll see SONA Lounge on your left and a mini-mart to your right) and follow the directions as from Points North.

Map:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi-J

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Shocked You mean A NEW HOPE? Confused
Erjediik ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rather appropriate name to the troop, don't you think? Very Happy
MacRican ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh. As much as I'd love to make it, I don't see it happening. I'm going to vote negative right now, but if something changes I'll let y'all know. I'll also mapquest to see what the travel time is from where I'm at...

Sgt. Rook, RFT
Squad Leader
Rishi Maze Runners-RAID

"Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES!"
Erjediik ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI There is crash space along your route, Carlos. if that helps.
Jedi-G ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we lived in North Jersey.. I would so be there.. Then again, if we lived up there, I would live in stink.. so.. umm.. yeah we'll have to wait until another time to get together with you guys. Smile I have my fingers crossed for the Autism Walk..
MacRican ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the offer Erik, that definitely helps to know, but I was just reminded by my finance that we have tickets for Jeff Dunham for friday the fifth. Going to and from RI back to bridgeport to pick up the woman and then head into a full work day and go straight to the show is going to be a little much for me. Not to mention getting up at OMG o'clock the next morning to head to NY for faire. I will however represent for my homey's on thursday and be more star wars like than usual Smile

Sgt. Rook, RFT
Squad Leader
Rishi Maze Runners-RAID

"Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES!"
Erjediik ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...well
Give my regards to Walter and Peanut! Laughing

"Jeff-fafa . . Dun HAM . . dooot Commm!"
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope the event went well. Let me know if there is an event in CT. I am willing to drive up if there is something in New Britain, Waterbury, Hartford,Danbury, West Hartford, or Farmington.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kamino Base -> Kamino Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: