About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ab6e35082b176f6477ae632cf65bf78bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Zealand Rebel Legion - website
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost -> Naboo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: New Zealand Rebel Legion - website Reply with quote

Hey members Smile

Our outpost website can be found at www.rebellegion.co.nz

Please take a moment to look through the members section - check that your details are up to date. If there is anything that you would like changed/added etc, post here or otherwise let me know. Also, if you have additional photos of your costume you would like added, send them through to me.

Matt is doing a 'collector card' image for each costume in outpost - these are randomly displayed on the front page, and all current ones can be seen on the 'About Us' page. If your costume isn't there, feel free to send through the link/image you would like used.

Thanks Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Surprised

Site looks great - nice work Matt!

Good luck building the Rebellion!

Rebel Legion Council Emeritus : Base Command Liaison Officer - 2007/08
Rebel Legion UK Emeritus : Commanding Officer - 2005 to 2009
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Smile
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

The front page will change a little when we decide on a new Naboo Outpost logo/colours.
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember and MDB - can you please e-mail through a few photos of your Leia GG costumes for the NZ website? About 3 of your favourites - and mention which one you would like for the collector card.

Thanks Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email via gmail about a week ago (actually a few since then in regards to the logo) with links to my favourite images.

Please let me know if they didnt get through and I'll just resend as a pm through the forums here Smile

I've had an issue with a friend being unable to email me at my gmail account and emails being considered spam despite being contacts as well.
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, my bad - didn't check my e-mails properly (it had been automatically sorted in my RL e-mail folder). I'll get them onto the site as soon as I can Smile
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great site, really like the design and layout....
Ata-pala ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new Outpost. I have to say I was disappointed when I saw the name Naboo Outpost because RL Base had promised to keep Naboo aside for the Turkish Outpost that I am setting up. We had already made badges, stickers, a website and everything and were waiting for the go-ahead when suddenly we got news that Naboo had been taken by NZ.

We had decided on Naboo because Theed is based on the Sultan Ahmet or Blue Mosque in Istanbul, and the name Naboo is a derivative of Istanbul.

If you would like to change your Outpost name we in RL Turkey would appreciate it. If not we will have to go for something else. If Anchorhead is available we could use that. Turkey's capital is Ankara.

Regardless, we rebels in Turkey would like to wish your outpost the very best in everything you do. I hope we can maintain friendly ties and get to meet one another at SW events in the future.

The Force is With us

Iain Maynard, OCO RL Turk (when it gets approval).
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear, but I when I asked RL Command in January (my e-mail is dated Jan 23rd), they assured me that at that time, no one had any prior claim to Naboo for their base/outpost. February 1st we were officially given the okay to use 'Naboo'. I made sure that Command knew of our name change, so I'm not sure who would have said that Naboo was free to use? New outposts/bases are not allowed to produce merchandise for 12 months, so I'm not sure why you have badges/stickers already?

We decided on Naboo as a few characters from Naboo are played by New Zealand actors, and the similarity in countryside. We are a very 'green' country, and everyone thought it would suit NZ well. Our only other option was 'Kamino' - but that has been taken now.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

There just seems to have been a mix up. I started the ball rolling for a Turkish outpost after Jedi Con in March so you obviously have first dibs so to speak on Naboo. It must have missed somebody's attention. No matter. We have altered our logos and everything to read Turkish Outpost until we can vote on a new name.

I know we cannot merchanidise anything for a year. This is not merchandising just self-promotion. All paid for out of our own pockets. The 501st here with its ONE member is off to a head start. We are still looking for that elusive fifth member. Costuming is expensive and that puts off many people, especially when standards for name characters are so stringent.

Kamino would have been good but Dxun is also a good choice for New Zealanders, I think. KOTOR2. Dxun was the moon where the Mandolorian Wars began and where Candorous Ordo (his name comes the Turkish for army, Ordu, and Fett is a derivate of the Turkish word meaning To Conquer) trains his new Mandolorian Army. It also looks like parts of NZ.

Anyway. No worries. Like I said, we in the nascent Turkish outpost - also known as the Knights of the Turkish Republic - wish you all the best.

Keep in touch.

Iain
Farra Sti (Andrea Stout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you use the pic of me in jawa costume that is on the site on my profile for a collectors card image of my jawa. I notice one hasn't been done yet.
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andrea - didn't know which photo you wanted to use for the card - I'll get that done as soon as I can for you Smile
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristy, I'll leave it up to you to decide what photo to use.. there ain't many! Razz
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new logo, new costumes and everyone busy getting ready for Armageddon, I'm going to hold off updating the website until after the convention.

We'll be able to get heaps of new photos for the galleries/member pages, and then Matt and I can sit down and update the whole thing Smile

Thanks for your patience Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost -> Naboo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: