About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ebb68121164c1c003a9ef5258b85f52aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Attention, Alabama Rebels!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent Kenobi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Attention, Alabama Rebels! Reply with quote

The time has come.

If you've not been in the loop, here's the short version: plans are now well underway for the Alabama Rebels to split from the Corellian Base (with Alex's blessing), and form our own base here in Alabama the Beautiful. LAUNCH DATE: November 2008.

As the AL Regional Captain, it's now my duty to help organize this movement, while continuing to recruit new members as we move forward. The first step? Coming up with a new Base name!

After consulting with the majority of the Rebels in the state, the name decided upon was "Tranquility Base" - referring to the original site of the first lunar landing, which Alabama was a major part of. Furthermore, the lunar lander is now housed at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center, whose address is "One Tranquility Base."

Rough beta: http://xdayspringx.googlepages.com/TranqHead003.jpg

Quote:

Matt Hoffman, Rebel Legion CO: That looks pretty awesome! I also love the choice of name, especially with Huntsville being so important to getting to that place Very Happy

Additionally, with several members of the AL 501st Garrison joining our ranks as Clonetroopers, the name tranquility also refers to the newfound unity and peace amongst the formal Imperial and Rebel costumers in our state.

If there are no objections (or I got anything wrong), we'll move forward with the Tranquility Base name, based on the current number of votes. All known active members (and soon to be members) have been e-mailed or PM'd in advance of this posting, and will have 7 days to reply.

Thanks in advance, and may the Force be with you all ;-)

Last edited by Agent Kenobi on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Alabama Rebels and Adam remeber if you ever need advice feel free to ask.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. I'm sure some of us that are close to the boarder will make it to a few events in AL as well. The Alabama Garrison is a great bunch of people, so it's great to see the unity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Agent Kenobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the well wishes, guys! See ya at D*Con ;-)
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone jump the gun with out knowing all the facts, in making this statement?
Agent Kenobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which statement, Fred? Not sure what you mean.
Darzu (Bob Huff)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Matt Hoffman the application for the formation of a new Alabama base has not been submitted.
Agent Kenobi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said it had already been submitted? Plans have always been to wait until after elections.
Darzu (Bob Huff)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice edit on the first post. So you plan on voting in the elections and then leaving a month later? I think it's great that you guys are expanding and forming a new base, I just don't agree with the fact that you have a say in the leadership of a base that you have no intention of being a part of.
Agent Kenobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darzu wrote:
Nice edit on the first post.

Yeah, had to edit the launch date, since it was recommended we wait til after the elections were over. I don't think anyone would want to launch a new base and then have to dive into campaigning... lol

Darzu wrote:
So you plan on voting in the elections and then leaving a month later? I think it's great that you guys are expanding and forming a new base, I just don't agree with the fact that you have a say in the leadership of a base that you have no intention of being a part of.

The intent isn't to "vote and leave" - it's simply to not have to deal with elections right off the bat. And for the record, the only member of this base that ever made us feel like we were a part of it is Alex.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Adam for the nice compliment; however, I am just myself. Even if I was not the Base Commanding Officer at this time I would of treated you guys with the same respect. Let me say for the record I know you guys will leave shortly but remember always if you ever need me even if I do not win call me you have my number and Keep the name of Star Wars alive in Alabama.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you know you're always welcome to come up to Chattanooga! We have the Pickle Barrel, after all. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ren (Renda Carr)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Attention, Alabama Rebels! Reply with quote

Agent Kenobi wrote:
The time has come.

If you've not been in the loop, here's the short version: plans are now well underway for the Alabama Rebels to split from the Corellian Base (with Alex's blessing), and form our own base here in Alabama the Beautiful. LAUNCH DATE: November 2008.

As the AL Regional Captain, it's now my duty to help organize this movement, while continuing to recruit new members as we move forward. The first step? Coming up with a new Base name!

After consulting with the majority of the Rebels in the state, the name decided upon was "Tranquility Base" - referring to the original site of the first lunar landing, which Alabama was a major part of. Furthermore, the lunar lander is now housed at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center, whose address is "One Tranquility Base."

Rough beta: http://xdayspringx.googlepages.com/TranqHead003.jpg

Quote:

Matt Hoffman, Rebel Legion CO: That looks pretty awesome! I also love the choice of name, especially with Huntsville being so important to getting to that place Very Happy

Additionally, with several members of the AL 501st Garrison joining our ranks as Clonetroopers, the name tranquility also refers to the newfound unity and peace amongst the formal Imperial and Rebel costumers in our state.

If there are no objections (or I got anything wrong), we'll move forward with the Tranquility Base name, based on the current number of votes. All known active members (and soon to be members) have been e-mailed or PM'd in advance of this posting, and will have 7 days to reply.

Thanks in advance, and may the Force be with you all ;-)

Hey Agent: Count me in. Smile

Ren
Ice Windu ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that getting a formal base in Alabama will not only provide a leverage point to gain new members, but also allow for more direct interaction with the current members now.

With what we are trying to accomplish here in Al a "local" base with local officers will provide a greater sense of unity and approachability.

Thank you Alex for the vote of confidence and support on getting this up and running. I hope to soon be talk with you all from our new base!

Corellian Base-->Alabama Outpost-->Tranquility Base-->Tranq. Base XO
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem,

I will be honest here though parts of me will be sad to see you guys go and I will be honest I will probably show some tears. However, it shows the Rebel Legion is growing and that is a good thing. Our base will never be the same but remember down deep you guys are Corellians and we would be honored to have you help in any events that you can attend.

May the Force Be With you,

CO: Alex "Jedi Orion Knight-Star" McKeel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: