About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6fcb70a81a4342b54e5b1f6cf48d2307Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

*Now with pictures* first time costumer, uk based.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lancer (Vincent Paul Formosa)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been round to the sister in laws for tea tonight. the nephews went wild over me dressed as Solo. guess what put on as a DVD to watch later until bedtime.

anyway, better light this time (sort of) sometimes the flash didn't go off but here are some new shots of me doing my best to be the galactic scoundrel we all know and love.

Last things to sort now

1./ Belt Greeblies.
2./ Adjustments to the gunbelt so it lays better. I need to shorten the straps slightly to tighten the holster area to the thigh and also raise it a bit in height so it doesn't sit quite so low. I'm also going to raise the leg strap slightly to stop it constantly trying to dip below my knee and trip me up.

Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From one Han Solo costumer to another...looking awesome, Lancer!!!!!

You did the right thing by going to those other bloodstripes. I did that too with my ROTJ Han pants and they are the best thing.

For anyone who has the Costumebase pants, do not wear those pants!!! Get the embroidered bloodstripes and put them on other pants. Look at the end result in Lancer's pic. THey look so much better and more accurate in the end...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
looking awesome, Lancer!!!!!

take note ladies Surprised Very Happy

for anyone with costumebase pants, this is a good illustration of what they can turn out like. the embroidered stripes are good value and once sown on really look the business.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay. my belt greeblies finally came in the post.

in the last 6 days I haven't had one evening at home but just as soon as I hit days off on wednesday I'll get some new piccies taken with me all gussied up and my adjusted holster done.

and those pics will go off for me to get approval.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right. sent my approval in. see how long this takes.[/url]
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on the approval! I to am working a ROTJ Han costume. The biggest thing to remeber about the costume base pants, aside from what you already found out about the size, is adding the "Half-moon" seam along the butt of the pants to make them like the riding style breeches. It is a formal requirement, but can be acomplished by a seamstress with any bit of talent.
Good Luck!

"Never tell me the odds."
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious if this was accepted as formal or informal. I'm working on upgrading mine from informal to formal. I've made a new vest from scratch to replace the costumebase vest (due to incorrect pocket layout) and I've rebuilt the pants to include the pin tuck and riding seam.

also curious: did you add those bloodstripes directly to the costumebase pants? and if so, did the "brown" color on the embroidered strip match up OK with the brown of the pants themselves? yours look like they match up great, but I'm just wondering if those are still the costumebase pants or did you acquire a new pair?

thanks in advance
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
I'm curious if this was accepted as formal or informal.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=3134

http://imageevent.com/rebellegionuk/starwarsamusicaljourney?p=8&n=1&m=30&c=3&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=3

Very Happy

Rebel Legion Council Emeritus : Base Command Liaison Officer - 2007/08
Rebel Legion UK Emeritus : Commanding Officer - 2005 to 2009
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really nice pics there....loks like everyone had a great time!

Smile

Bob
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
I'm curious if this was accepted as formal or informal. I'm working on upgrading mine from informal to formal. I've made a new vest from scratch to replace the costumebase vest (due to incorrect pocket layout) and I've rebuilt the pants to include the pin tuck and riding seam.

I am so glad you mentioned this. I have quite the attention to detail, and never realized the pockets were reversed (on the vest)! Should be an easy fix, but good catch. I emailed the person at CB and tried to tell them that there was an issue with the color of thier ROTJ vest (it was dark blue, like the ESB jacket) and whomever responded became quite defensive, saying they have been making costumes for 7 years, blah blah blah. I didn't want to argue, was just trying to help them out...
Now with the info about the vest and the pants not having the correct seam and blood stripes, I hope people have a good tailor on stand-by if they order thier Han starter costume from CB.

Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerftheherder wrote:
...I emailed the person at CB and tried to tell them that there was an issue with the color of thier ROTJ vest (it was dark blue, like the ESB jacket) ...

um...are you sure it's dark blue? I know I'm bad with color, but this is the first I've ever heard of it being anything other than black. Also when the Star Wars exhibit was here in MPLS, that vest sure looked black to me. Not to mention the standards say black...
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he means the one he saw, or got was dark blue, when it's supposed to be black.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:
Maybe he means the one he saw, or got was dark blue, when it's supposed to be black.

ah...guess I just read it wrong...phew, thought I was going crazy
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the confusion. CB has a blue vest with thier ROTJ Han costume, which i mistakenly ordered. When i told them about it they got attitude. I knew it was supposed to be black, thought it looked black online.... Anyhoo, if your going to buy a ROTJ han costume from CB, make sure to specify you want the black vest. And be ready t get it altered.

Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a reason they call it "costumeBASE" and not "costumeFINISHED-PRODUCT" Razz *rimshot*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: