About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c4b7d23bf38556795c3451be2bb09f61Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin reloaded!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the.rebel.agent (Diego J. Arévalo)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really bitter to see this same conversation again and again every time Ariel send his application. Neil was just doing an observation. And you guys are doing wrong thinking that he is trying to do some bad. This is not the place to do such commentaries and believe me when I say that this Judge position is not easy. We are no dealing with costumes here, we are dealing with egos. It is really sad.

Es realmente amargante ver esta conversación repetirse una y otra vez cada que vez que Ariel envia esta aplicación. Neil solo estaba haciendo una observación. Uds se la tomaron a mal y el no estaba haciendole ningun dańo. Este no es el lugar para hacer este tipo de comentarios y creanme cuando les digo que la posición de Juez no es para nada facil. No estamos lidiando solo con disfraces, sino con egos. Es realmente triste.

I would like to end this conversation telling you guys that despite Ariel has all the proper gear on his costume, approval is not for sure. Even If you think that his costume looks great, could be not so good for the Judges.

I realmente me gustaria acabar con esta conversación diciendo que apesar de que Ariel tenga todo el equipo necesario en su disfraz, la aprovación no es segura. Aunque uds crean que el disfraz luce de maravilla. Puedo no serlo asi para nosotros.

About the scored pouch, well, Ariel's one looks wider and floppy (due the material he used). And the real one is not that way. We are not asking anybody to buy a licensed replica, cause there are not yet. Nor buy one from some leather maker. I always encouraged people to do by themselves. IF Ariel's costume is approved, certainly he will have to improve that pouch. I will strongly recommend to improve that pouch.

Sobre la cartuchera con las lineas, bueno, la de Ariel luce mas ancha y floja (debido al meterial que el uso). Y la real no luce de esa forma. Nosotros no estamos pidiendo que compren una replica licenciada, porque no las hay, ni que se las compren a un talabartero. Yo siempre he alentado a la gente para que lo haga por ellos mismos. SI el disfraz de Ariel es aprobado, ciertamente el tendra que mejorar esta cartuchera. Yo voy a recomendarle fuertemente que lo haga.

Here I will let you guys a few links from a tutorial I wrote back in 2005 in Spanish. I improved them since that year.

Aqui les dejo unos links a unos tutoriales que escribi el en 2005. Los he seguido mejorando con el tiempo.

http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=11

http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=15

http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=71

http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=17

Final Version/ Version Final
http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebFormsLibrary/MainContainerForm.asp?iAction=2&lNewsId=178

WE are trying to help him to improve his costume and meet our Face Character standars.

ESTAMOS tratando de ayudarlo a mejorar su disfraz y alcanzar nuestros estandares de nuestros personajes principales.

I would love to had pointed that detail before the glove buckles, but be are humans and do mistakes.

Me hubiese encantado resaltar ese detalle con anterioridad de las hebillas del guante, pero somos humanos y cometemos errores.
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on that note, this thread is locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: