About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a4efbf834746043608dfabe68e7bb14aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

OSFest 2008, Omaha NE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: OSFest 2008, Omaha NE
Event starting Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:00 am for 3 days

UPDATE 5-22-08

Another joint operation between the 501st and the Rebel Legion.

The Omaha Science Fiction Education Society is hosting OSFest July 11, 12 and 13 2008 at the Comfort Inn and Suites on 72nd and Grover. Main guests include Star Wars author Aaron Allston, Denise Crosby from Star Trek Next Generation and artist Mike Cole.

Admission - For 501st, Rebel Legion memebers and Family, $35 for the whole weekend, $10 Friday, $15 Saturday and $10 Sunday. PM Dawmer299 for special admission price. For the General public, $40 currently, $50 at the door, $15 Friday, $25 Saturday and $15 Sunday.

A write up will also be available in the the program book detailing both organizations.

Table - The 501st and Rebel Legion will be sharing a table in the dealers room to recruit and hand out flyers. This table will be located next to R2 Builders group. Power is available if we need it for lights, laptops and displays.

Panels -
Friday is the costume contest.
Saturday - The "Meet the 501st and Rebel Legion" Meet and Greet is scheduled for 1pm I believe in the Con Suite.
Sunday - A second panel is also scheduled for Sunday afternoon, 2 pm I believe and will fall in between the 2 R2 builders panels. (501st members can be admitted to Meet and Greet Saturday and the Sunday panel without paying admission by permission but will only be allowed access to these 2 events. Please PM Dawmer299 to be added to the "free" list)

There will be a Room party hosted by the Rebel Legion on Saturday night with a Star Wars theme. Come mingle.

If you want more information, you can check the "My Space" Page www.myspace.com/osfes, the web site www.osfes.org or you can PM me. I'll be happy to share what I know. Also, if you have ideas or suggestions, I'll be happy to discuss those also. Thanks in advance and See you soon!

Last edited by dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman) on Thu May 22, 2008 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to give you an update. It's not Star Wars related but Claudia Christian from Babylon 5 has been added as the Media guest of honor.
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Very Happy I really liked her character on Bab 5!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a thing in the mail about this and talked about possibly coming up... It's 3 days, Fri/Sat/Sun? Do you all have anything planned for it as of yet? I'm guessing if we came it'd just be for Saturday and Sunday...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for asking! Not much is set in stone at the moment except 3 of the 4 guests. (Mike Cole has been added as the Artist guest of Honor) I do know I want to get some sort of Rebel thing going with Mr. Allston being here. If you have some suggestions for programming or what you'd like to see, I'm all ears. Smile Also keep in mind, the price goes up a little at the first of the year. I can help you with the registration and get the hotel info if you do plan on making the trip up. Just let me know.
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight guest change. Claudia Christan had a professional commitment come up so OSFES is bringing in Denise Crosby (LT. Tasha Yar) from Star Trek Next Generation in. She will be there Friday and Saturday Only.

Also, the Toastmaster was announced. Rusty Hevelin - oral historian of Sci Fi will be there. He is full of knowledge about all things of the past and has quite a cult following.

Shadow Creek Studios will be featured Film Makers. If you like the 50's type black and white stuff as well a paradies.... You need need to check these guys out. They will be debuting the new film "Cave Women on Mars" as well as bringing the cast and crew with them. They also are show several of thier other films over the weekend.

Of Course the Rebel Legion will have a part with Aaron Allston is coming in.
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron's a great guy. I got to spend some time with him at C4. It was kindof funny because he knew who I was before I even introduced myself.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got our RL Table and they are promoting us as being there on flyers and the web site. What kind of panels would guys be interested in doing? I tentivily have us down for "Meet the Rebel Legion (and possibly the 501st) and I suggested we do something with Aaron but wasn't sure what. I was also asked if we would participate in a costume "How to" panel but the details aren't there yet so I haven't said yes yet. LMK!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could speak to what I know about my costumes - Jedi and RFT. And I could do a meet the RL panel as well. Let me know what you're thinking of. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wampameat wrote:
I could speak to what I know about my costumes - Jedi and RFT. And I could do a meet the RL panel as well. Let me know what you're thinking of. Smile

Ditto. Maybe Heather and Rob could say something about the actual sewing involved for those wanting to make their own. Depending on the state of my x-wing pilot (the helmet is now in limbo, my queries are going unanswered Crying or Very sad ), that might be an option.

One question I do have for you, Jeff, is this. I'm pretty sure you had to pay for the table, so what is the state of admission? Are we being invited to participate in costume, on panels, and being advertised as appearing and then going to be charged admission on top it?

Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the admission part isn't much different from any other con. I've always had to pay to get in anyways. Even at Alphacon, not all of us had free badges. The table is not final yet. I thought it was but was mistaken. They have reserved 5 "fan" tables for groups in the vendor room. They want a group to have at least 5 members come so they have "viable" groups participating. I tried to get this changed but was not successfull.
Anyways, We have a few options:

1)We bring in the 5 paid people, we get a free table. I can get you in at the $35 for the 3 days (which is cheaper than the public and way cheaper than the door price, this is also what the OSFES committee is paying) or there will be single day prices but those have not been determined yet. Probitally looking at $20 for Friday or Sunday and $25 or $30 for Saturday.
If we have trouble getting 5, maybe we split the table with OFF or maybe the 501st. (I know right now there are 4 OFF members attending, Matt, Lisa, Denny and Myself) For the 501st, 2 are paid and 4 have expressed a strong interest in coming so they have enough for thier own if they'd like.

2) I pay for the table we get 1 admission to staff the table with for the 3 days. Someone else can have it... I allready paid. People would still need to pay if they wanted to come and attend.

3) I can probitally get you in free with a volunteer only pass. However, you wouldn't be allowed to participate in anything else outside whatever panel and such.

4)We can forget about the whole thing and I tell them we are no longer interested in participating.

Let me know what you guys want to do. Any of the 4 are fine with me even the last one. I'm just happy a con is here and it involves somethings I'm interested in.
Also, I know you guys know I'm trying my best to do whats good for us. Even though I'm on the the Board and committee of the con... it doesn't mean I always get my way. I'm doing the best I can and sometimes have been lucky to get what little we do have.
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawmer299 wrote:

If we have trouble getting 5, maybe we split the table with OFF or maybe the 501st.

I shared a table with the 501st for MarsCon, and it worked out very well.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on coming. I just need to wait until probably June before I have the funds.

I can also speak on panels for both the RL and the 501st. Ben
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked the 501st to also be part to split the table and be another joint operation.

Thier forum rules still apply so feel free to register to post to get an accurate count.

http://www.centralgarrison.org/viewtopic.php?t=1857
sandtrooperscout (Mark Tomasello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I cant commit to anything. So if that leaves me out of the planning, I understand. I just cant see paying $35 for this. There's nothing there worth it (to me). I think after KC you'll be surprised what can be done with a lower admission. Nothing personal, Jeff, but I'm sure you know. Some of it probably DOES have to do with my rampant dislike of the "other" board members.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: