About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=179e113988e3259de4485718d0432b24Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

So we did a photo shoot up here in New England ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: So we did a photo shoot up here in New England .... Reply with quote

Art Andrews, the photographer who is well known on The Dented Helmet, came up to the greater Boston area this weekend from Arizona to do 2 days worth of photo shoots with a bunch of us from Alderaan Base and our sister group, the 501stNEG. He worked basically 12 hours straight for 2 days with his assistant Kristin, with all of us gathering in a sweltering dance studio, in hour long blocks, getting in costume and geeking out. Here are just a few shots from the sessions ....

Me and Syagria (Meredith Bailey):

Our 3PO, Tim Drew (I got there too late with my R2 unit and he had to get to work, so he went solo):

And man, I LOVE this one:

and this one:

(Now maybe I can get my Fisto approved with the correct buckle!)

If you ever have a chance to work with Art, DO IT! Not only is he a great photography who works his tail off, he does his homework (had tons of reference pics on his laptop for each character) and gets the most out of you.
DIRGEFUNK ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN!!!
those pics are fantastic!!
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are fantastic pictures! I particularly love the Kit action shots! Sweet Smile
duck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, folks. Yeah, it was a blast, even after 60 minutes of grueling tentacle swinging (man, that thing is heavy!) You would have thought I would have ironed my tunics and tabards, but I almost didn't even go to the shoot, so I just tossed my costume in my gear bin and headed out in a thunderstorm. I hadn't even done any repairs/modifications/touch-ups on my Kit headpiece and gloves since it's debut at a St. Patrick's Day parade, so it was pretty beat up. I tend to finish up a project, debut it, then move on. These pics have inspired me to keep doing Kit.

It was a great shoot. Over the 2 days we had a Vader, an X-wing pilot, 2 different Rebel Commandos (Scorch and the Grey & Yellow one with a scratch over the eye ... sorry, I'm not a gamer and I can't remember the name), Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Zam Wessel, the Joker, a bunch of Firefly people, an anime chick ... I lost track after awhile. Oh, yeah, we had an Indiana Jones and a Jodo Kast, too. It was great, people kept crashing shoots and mixing up characters. It's worth it to get great shots of your costumes if you can.
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH...

MY...

GOD...

That is awesome man !! Completely awesome !! GREAT photo's !! Very Happy

adi gallia (chantal freeman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

WOW Surprised What can I say but top class Very Happy
those action pics are great Smile
you have got it down to a tee, including that cheeky grin Smile Smile Smile
love it Dance Chewie Dance Chewie

Elstree Base BMO
1138th Krayt Squadron......Krayt 11
Rouge Squadron......black velvet 36
RL costumer of the year 2012
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures.

Kit Fisto looks fun.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome shots! It would've been nice to have Kit Fisto smiling while holding up a tube of toothpaste! Laughing

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard shots, my local base has gotta get something like that going on

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phantom8 (Brian Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww, what a kyoot widdle green man! Smile

seriously, if you EVER have the opportunity to do a shoot with him, Art is REALLY good!

he made us all shine!
qui-gon32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive! Most impressive! rock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: