About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f8985d7482880ccc87fb6efd62109347Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Geppi's Museum June 14th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="princessleia911"]
Again, true about the beach but hopefully at a "family" event, things are a bit more controlled and appropriate.
quote]

A "bit more controlled" What? You think someone dressed as a Slave Leia immediately becomes only a "Sex Symbol" or "Slutty"? Do not 16 year old girl wear binki tops and the majority of society consider it acceptable because all the "bits and pieces" are covered.

I have known quite a few young women who have dress as a Slave Leia and conducted themselves with grace and dignity in "Family Events". Just because someone wears a "Skimpy" costume... doesn’t mean that they will become a raving sexual beast!

A costume should not be "banned" from an event because of the possibility of "malfuntions". If that was true... the "Slave Leia" shouldn't be an approved costume for Rebel Legion... or ANY costume for that matter, because let's face it... ALL costume CAN and WILL malfunction at SOME given point in time.....

Now granted... yes I agree that some costumes are not appropriate for some events (i.e. Slave Leia at a Children’s Hospital... I think not! *Smirks*). But Geppi's is a FAR cry from a Children’s Hospital!

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." - Unknown

Official "Suck the fun out of an event and the forums" Liaison - Jedi-G
Orviewan (Orvie Thumel)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this needs to be a big issue?

I really don't think it does.

I hate stupid board drama, so lets not make a big deal about this. It makes sense I think not to have that costume at this event.

Your CO has already spoken on the matter on top of that, do not try to quote Becca and pin her up on this just because she backed him up.

If you want to talk about where Slave leia is appropriate or not post in somewhere in the legion threads and see what everyone comes up with. We don't need an internal conflict over something so trivial.
Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orviewan wrote:
Apparently this needs to be a big issue?

I really don't think it does.

I hate stupid board drama, so lets not make a big deal about this. It makes sense I think not to have that costume at this event.

Your CO has already spoken on the matter on top of that, do not try to quote Becca and pin her up on this just because she backed him up.

If you want to talk about where Slave leia is appropriate or not post in somewhere in the legion threads and see what everyone comes up with. We don't need an internal conflict over something so trivial.

*Smirks* How typical...someone asks questions or tries to present a different point of view about a topic... and all of a sudden people think it's an "issue".

It's not an issue... and yes the CO has spoken on the matter, and made a judgement call and if you look back I have stated that I will respect my CO's decison on the matter.

This is not drama... it's a discussion. If people are taking it as "drama" then perhaps they are taking things a bit too personally, and a bit too seriously. What? Can't someone have a reasonable discussion without other people turning it "drama"? Or have a different point of view and wish to question an issue for that matter?

As to the trying to "pin someone up"... I simply used her own words to ask a question and then present a different viewpoint. That's not 'pinning someone up', it is simply reposting what she had already said.

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." - Unknown

Jedi-G ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to try and suck the fun out of an event and the forums, Tempest. Rolling Eyes

There is no discussion that needs to happen once your CO says no. No means no and that's it. Why try to open it back up for discussion?
Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi-G wrote:
Way to try and suck the fun out of an event and the forums, Tempest. Rolling Eyes

There is no discussion that needs to happen once your CO says no. No means no and that's it. Why try to open it back up for discussion?

Again if you had read my whole post you would see that I am respecting my CO's wishes.

I am bringing it up because that is what a forum is for discussion. As a new comer to the RL I expected that these forums would be like other and open to discussion about policies, costumes. I didn't expect that I would jumped all over just for debating what is defined as a "Family Event" and what costumes are appropriate for those events. It's sad that no one appears to want to carry on a mature debate with out everyone jumping in and calling it Drama.

Jedi-G ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read all of your posts, deary. You are hijacking this thread. I guess you don't understand the workings of a forum. See, this is a thread about a particular discussion. That discussion is not your bikini. It's for the Geppi's Museum event. This is NOT the place. Start your own thread for the discussion YOU and seemingly only YOU want to have. Wink

Sorry about the slight thread hijack, Terrapin. I'm just trying to get everything back on course. Very Happy
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to intervene, but this is a museum event, which is formal so no slave leias allowed. Besides, the Base CO and XO have confirmed.

Also, even if the costume was allowed, you would have had to have the costume approved by the RL prior to this event (minimum of a week) and as I have seen you only have a Mara Jade that is formally approved. So as far as this formal event, you would only be allowed to attend as Mara Jade.

That sums it up and I really would like to have no further discussions on this matter other than posts with regards to preparing for the actual event.

Please do not talk about Slave Leias in this thread again or I will be forced to delete all future posts from the point on. This matter is closed.

If you feel compelled to write about Slave Leias attending events, please post them at the appropriate forum (Royalty/Senatorial)

*rant over* soapbox

Jedi-J

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I wanna go too. Crying or Very sad
Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi-G wrote:
I read all of your posts, deary. You are hijacking this thread. I guess you don't understand the workings of a forum. See, this is a thread about a particular discussion. That discussion is not your bikini. It's for the Geppi's Museum event. This is NOT the place. Start your own thread for the discussion YOU and seemingly only YOU want to have. Wink

Sorry about the slight thread hijack, Terrapin. I'm just trying to get everything back on course. Very Happy

Ah... I see.

Well then, allow me to clarify since you are presuming to assume what my intentions are.

I had no intention of "hi-jacking" this thread, and will be more than willing to move it to an "appropriate place". However, this is where the discussion began and no one (up until now) has stated that it should be moved.

And if I was the only one wanting to have this discussion... why are others, including yourself, wishing to continuing it by continually responding?

Again, I find it curious that people who present different points of view that are not 'popular' are continually hounded about creating "drama" or "hi-jacking" threads.

But since you have lodged a complaint about the content of my posts in this thread, I will happily say that the discussion should be closed, and also I should point out that anyone posting past this point about the "Slave Leia Bikini Topic" is they themselves now "hi-jacking" the thread, as you say.

Edit: I also wish to make it clear that I posted this post before I was able to read Lori's post.

Lori... I will happily consider the matter "closed" in this thread.

Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempest wrote:

And if I was the only one wanting to have this discussion... why are others, including yourself, wishing to continuing it by continually responding?

Actually, I was expecting a response from you which is fine and only fair, but thereafter I had hoped that this discussion has died and not to continue in a spamming fashion.

Why am I here? I am a Rebel Legion Council Member and the Legion Membership Officer. I see and check all threads in the legion as it is my responsibility to moderate things and ITS MY JOB!

Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I offer you my apologize about the "spamming" Lori. Like I had previously stated. T'was not my intention to "hi-jack" the thread...it just happened that this is where the discussion was occuring and no one had sugested or stated that it should be moved.

But the matter is now "closed" in this thread in my book, and I hope others as well.

So on to more Geppi's!

Jedi-J

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atragian Kace wrote:
Becca is correct. I can approve temporarily a Slave Leia but I would say no for Geppi's. Mara is perfectly suitable though. I was planning on attending until I thoroughly annihilated my Jedi pants at the last event and need to do some major repairs that I doubt will be complete by next weekend.

If my Jedi is whole once again by the 14th I'll be there but cannot guarantee it.

I wear Dickies! They are the best Jedi pants in the galaxy! Ben
Tempest ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But wait... if memories serves correctly, in ROTJ didn't Luke ware a pair of "skin tight" pants?

If memory serves, I don't think Dickies pants are skin tight enough! Razz

(And before people jump on me again about 'causing drama'about the tightness of Luke's pants... I hope you all realize the difference between a 'discussion' and 'teasing' *smirks*)

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. Luke wore a kind of black riding pant in ROTJ. But most other Jedi wear a loose style of Dickies or Dockers.
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grabbed a pair of Dockers or something similar to replace my now defunct pants, so I should be good to go Saturday.

Speaking of Jedi stuff- I've been trying to get together the appropriate colors and fabric for a Quinlan Vos outfit. I'm not going for the dark chest armored version just the regular Jedi stuff. I've gotten a light gray-ish material for the undertunic, but I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for the overtunic. In many of the pics I've seen of Quinlan it looks like a light goldish/tan color to a very red/brown. Thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: