About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c08d939b722b46218f4d64806ba88a16Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

So few Starkiller Options?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterFreedumb ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: So few Starkiller Options? Reply with quote

I may be a n00b to the rebel legion forums, but werent there more costumes Starkiller (Galen Marek) wore in the first game at least that could qualify? like anytime he wore it in a cutscene with a blue blade? or the ones in the DLC with the word JEDI in the name? are they allowed but just not in the resources?
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to note note is that the standards aren't an all inclusive list of approvable costumes. They're just the ones that have been built and had standards written. In general, any depiction of a "good guy" with sufficient reference images should be approvable. I'm not terribly familiar with what leads to the a costume being formal/informal. I'm also unsure how the DLC and reward outfits are handled if they're outside the main story.

Having said all that, if your interested in building a particular one, post here or PM a costume judge and I'm sure you'll get an answer. Personally I keep toying with the idea of doing the Experimental Jedi Armor, though it hasn't made it to the top of my build list yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... how do i post a PM? also can a reference photo have low poly (kyle katarn in mysteries of the sith has black armor but the character models arent detailed greatly)
Dragansfire ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also thought about trying the experimental armor from the game. The other ones I thought about trying were the Heroes armor and the Tie Flight suit he wears when he goes to Degobah.

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Yes and yes! A couple of his costumes just plain haven't been made by us, and when it hasn't been made there is no standard. Thus its called a Legion 1st

I myself have completed three Gaen Marek/Starkillers and one of them was a Legion 1st (for the 501st) Any of his costumes are creatable it just takes the person to make it Very Happy
;
If your interested in making, post a board (a WIP: Work in Progress) Post the images in your first post and start asking questions.

Heres a WIP from my most recent approved Legion 1st: This maybe can give you an idea of how to go about this process:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=595792#595792

I hope any of this helps

Amidala Invasion Gown Guide: http://queenamidalasabe.blogspot.com/
Dragansfire ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Dawn, I just joined the forums and am awaiting approval of my very first costume ever. Smile

It was your Galen Marek thread that helped me to work on the Death Star Duel costume I made. So far everyone on here has been really helpful in giving advice.

Everyone has to start somewhere and it is awesome the amount of support newbies like myself have recieved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: