About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b9bc40bb9443ae0b66ecb32f40d99800Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

~*Knights of the Jedi Order Detachment Sign Up Thread!*~
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the KJO, vodobaas skywalker

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Chewie ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I would like to sign up to join the KJO please.

SithariRog (Roger Allen)

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Swiv!

You are now a member of the Knights of the Jedi Order and the Temple of the Twin Suns! Please report to your Temple Master for assignment!

(Just kidding, there are no assignments, but it sounds cool Wink )

Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just got my approval and I would like to sign up!

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=7486
sandtrooperscout (Mark Tomasello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I had done this already, but turns out I haven't!

Requesting membership in the Order, Master Jedi.

Lorah ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined the KJO to understand how the detachement worked. I don't see the point to have a detachement which is supposed to centralise all informations about Jedi costumes splitted into temples. We are not reunited, we make smaller groups inside of the bases.

I don't see the point to be part of a smaller group inside my own Base, I wanted to be part of a bigger group with all Bases to share with other members.

So that is Why I asked my Temple master to remove me from the French Temple, We are stronger as One Legion, not as twenty temples or more. He says I can't be KJO member if I'm not a member of the six tower temple.

It is sad because I wanted to share with other KJO members around the world, but if it is the only way to show that I disapprove the way it works (specially in my own base where they want all Jedi to be KJO members), can you please remove me from the KJO group ?

Thanks
Jace Darkrider (Ian Letendre)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Lorah!

The KJO is designed to function globally and at the local base level for the Legion. The idea of local detachments is to provide members a hands on network for support of the individual costume categories.

In essence, we ARE one Legion, and a strong one at that. Having a local temple allows Jedi costumers a chance to work closer with other Jedi members and perhaps even work on improving their Jedi costumes in person, instead of over the internet.

For example, in my temple, we work to coordinate events locally and provide a strong Jedi presence. We assist each other in person on things like costume construction and light saber building. There have been many events were a member needed to borrow a light saber or had a costume issue and our members pulled together to assist their fellow Jedi. The KJO as a whole is unable to provide that directly due to the constraints of this being web based, and that is where the local temple comes in. Without a local unit, our knights would be hard pressed to locate other Jedi in their area.

I would like to encourage you to hang in there. You may find more value in your local temple than you realize. Both online and in person, the KJO is a great way to keep in touch with fellow Jedi costumers and support the image and ideal that is the Jedi itself. Ben

Lorah wrote:
I joined the KJO to understand how the detachement worked. I don't see the point to have a detachement which is supposed to centralise all informations about Jedi costumes splitted into temples. We are not reunited, we make smaller groups inside of the bases.

I don't see the point to be part of a smaller group inside my own Base, I wanted to be part of a bigger group with all Bases to share with other members.

So that is Why I asked my Temple master to remove me from the French Temple, We are stronger as One Legion, not as twenty temples or more. He says I can't be KJO member if I'm not a member of the six tower temple.

It is sad because I wanted to share with other KJO members around the world, but if it is the only way to show that I disapprove the way it works (specially in my own base where they want all Jedi to be KJO members), can you please remove me from the KJO group ?

Thanks

KJO Council 2012-2013
DCO Stormfront Temple 2010-2013
CO/XO Bespin Base 2004-2006
TI/IC 1074, 501st Legion
Lorah ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. Bases are small enough to do all the things you said in your post without having a temple. we've had a "Jedi costumes" section in our forums for years, and it works fine, you can find there all the help you need.

For me, it is more interresting to share with other bases through the KJO to learn things the french Jedi Don't know. I really don't see the point to have another group for that. Plus in our base, the KJO is hidden, so useless for future Jedi costumers.

I wish to stay member of the worldwide KJO, but not of my temple. If it is not possible, i'll just leave the KJO. I'll be an freelance Jedi Laughing
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorah wrote:
So that is Why I asked my Temple master to remove me from the French Temple, We are stronger as One Legion...

It's really a matter of logistics. Having people signed up to the KJO provides a quick roster for formal Jedi in the RL. Having people signed up to your local Temple creates a roster for formal Jedi in your area. These numbers help with a variety of metrics including where Jedi costumers are globally and where Temples rank amongst each other. We are stronger as one Legion, but seceding from your Temple makes it weaker...

One of the Jedi tenets: "A Jedi must put the needs of the community above the needs of individuals."

Being part of the KJO allows me to share ideas with "everyone" else and get feedback or research help. But if I want to get together with people locally for whatever reason, I do that within my Temple... I wouldn't clutter up the KJO child board if trying to organize a sewing or armor party. Wink

I don't post as often in my own Temple area, but it is a resource I know is there if and when I need it... and these are the people you will be going to events with. Why would you want to be on bad terms with others in your Temple over something like this? Rolling Eyes

Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
Lorah ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is absolutely not about the people, it's about the way the detachement works.

I don't see the point so split a detachement into temples. So if I can't be part of the first whithout beeing part of the last, I'll juste Leave the KJO.

I explained my point of vue to my base, i'm an active membe but I disapprove the "temples" thing. The only thing it brings, as I see it, is Patches.

So, please remove me from the KJO list, as it doesn't allow me to share with all others Jedi like the 501st detachements do.
Jace Darkrider (Ian Letendre)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I understand. Being a member of your base temple doesn't exclude you from the KJO forums at all. Are you unable to view the KJO Legion forums? If you feel that strongly against being a member of the local temple, I am sure the local temple master will understand.

Lorah wrote:
It is absolutely not about the people, it's about the way the detachement works.

I don't see the point so split a detachement into temples. So if I can't be part of the first whithout beeing part of the last, I'll juste Leave the KJO.

I explained my point of vue to my base, i'm an active membe but I disapprove the "temples" thing. The only thing it brings, as I see it, is Patches.

So, please remove me from the KJO list, as it doesn't allow me to share with all others Jedi like the 501st detachements do.

KJO Council 2012-2013
DCO Stormfront Temple 2010-2013
CO/XO Bespin Base 2004-2006
TI/IC 1074, 501st Legion
Lorah ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he does not.

He says he won't remove me from the temple if I don't quit the KJO.

I don't like the wy the KJO temple works in the French Base. It's "eating" the base's forum, like if Jedi are more important than the others costumes. I don't like this spirit, and I don't want to be part of it. It is mostly ruled by "new members", maybe they are just too enthousiastics, but they don't understand why the way they rule the temple concerns some of the "oldies".
They think we just don't want anything to change, but they don't listen to us as we are not "staff members".

so I prefer to quit the KJO temple for now, it's too complicated to deal with and to be heard by them. As they say that I can't leave the temple whithout leavng the KJO detachement, i'll just leave the detachement. It is not said in the KJO charter that I hav to be member of a temple to be member of the KJO but whatever, I'm too tired to try to discuss with them...
Lorah ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again.

I had a discussion with my Temple Master. I think we cleared all the misundertandings.

For things to be clear here too, I want to say that I don't have any hard feelings against the KJO, I just don't see the point to make it work this way. Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell. Maybe I'm just biased by the way the detachements works in the 501st Legions, I don't know...Laughing

I'll continue to watch it working and If I change my mind, I'll ask to join again. But for now, I'm not a big fan of how it works and I prefer stay away and let you work together.

So I hereby ask you to remove me from the KJO detachement, and wish you the best for what you are working for.
SithariRog (Roger Allen)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorah wrote:
So I hereby ask you to remove me from the KJO detachement, and wish you the best for what you are working for.

PM sent.

And I will ask that this conversation ends in this thread. This is not the place for this conversation. This thread is for Jedi who wish to sign up for the KJO.

Thank you.

SithariRog (Roger Allen)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the KJO, Darth Sunshine and sandtrooperscout!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 105 of 143

Jump to: