About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4779cc686e75a9aca31da2a220151f07Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Bandoliers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediZabrak (Lloyd Mira-Fuentes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schph Gochi wrote:
are you picking on my neon gloves again... Razz
Laughing

I have the correct color gloves now...but...they are too big...
so I wore the neon variety at MCCC- they are getting dirty now...so they don't look so "neon" anymore...
Wink

LOL, no, Phyllis, I'm not. Smile I have just seen other "approved" Endor Commandos with gear like that, that's all. Shocked

"These Rebels were different. They were organized, they were growing, and they were everywhere."―Journal of the 501st "The Rebellion is spreading and I want to be on the side I believe in." -Biggs Darklighter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol....just teasing...
but....thank god my current gloves are getting dirty and dulled down...because they are too bright....
but the correct color ones that I have are not my size...and they are just wayyyyyyyyyy too big....I look like I have "Mickey Mouse" hands...
Laughing

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
AMP (Tony Perez)
Kessel Base CO
Kessel Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazz Hands? Laughing

It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL, chads gloves were much yellower than he thought when he got them in the mail and outside also. We tried sun and bleach fading, but it made it worse so we bought him some new gloves.

But yeah, glove color is HUGE. It sticks out much more than anything. Even Spat color Wink

I think Chad has his CIV picture labeled on myspace, "Sorry, I cant hear you over the sound of my gloves"
JediZabrak (Lloyd Mira-Fuentes)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raye Skywalker wrote:
ROFL, chads gloves were much yellower than he thought when he got them in the mail and outside also. We tried sun and bleach fading, but it made it worse so we bought him some new gloves.

But yeah, glove color is HUGE. It sticks out much more than anything. Even Spat color Wink

I think Chad has his CIV picture labeled on myspace, "Sorry, I cant hear you over the sound of my gloves"

Laughing Here's some that might work: http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore.com/81-511-leather-work-gloves-/cat-men''s-premium-leather-driver-gloves-113975.aspx or these: http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore.com/81-511-leather-work-gloves-/cat-leather-driver-gloves-113974.aspx (you'll just have to seem rip the "CAT" logo, to make them canon) Smile

"These Rebels were different. They were organized, they were growing, and they were everywhere."―Journal of the 501st "The Rebellion is spreading and I want to be on the side I believe in." -Biggs Darklighter

Last edited by JediZabrak (Lloyd Mira-Fuentes) on Thu May 22, 2008 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediZabrak wrote:
Raye Skywalker wrote:

Laughing Here's some that might work: http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore.com/81-511-leather-work-gloves-/cat-men''s-premium-leather-driver-gloves-113975.aspx (you'll just have to seem rip the "CAT" logo, to make them canon) Smile

Actually, we got him some... from lowes. deerskin or some kinda skin leather ones on sale for about 6.00 right after we got back from CIV. they are just a bit darker tan than my military ones.
MILF_Viper ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got all the needed materials on Wednesday!

Thanks so much guys and gals for all of your help! Cant wait to finally get this finished off. Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Long weekend = 3 day prop party for me!
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad it arrived...
Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Kimelius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what the widths are for:

a. the Bandolieer?

b. the loops?

Is the loop and the strap off the wrist communicator 1 and the same?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AMP (Tony Perez)
Kessel Base CO
Kessel Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used 2" strap for the bandolier and 1.5" for the loops.
As far as the strap on the wrist communicator, I used an Ace wrist bandage and tried to camouflage the printing by airbrushing some grime into it.

It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: