Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=74c756ff9d1de7929bc1ac6a161c85beMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Phoenix Comic Con 09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally not big on doing the volunteer for a free table thing...thats why I didn't volunteer with the PFF when they tried to do that last year. With all those anime kids running around I think I'd rather be safe and secure behind the table rather than having to search them at the door. Yoda 1

As for the free pass thing, ya I dunno what was up with that. It wasn't until I was there at the preview night to set up the table that they announced to me "and anyone who is volunteering with you guys can get free passes too"...I thought wow that would have been helpful before now!

Well at least we know.

I have no problem donating extra money to get a larger booth on the main floor, but even with everyone's donations from last year I still had to put up $80 to cover our table in the hallway...not that I mind! But I'd rather get a few more donations before we decide to take one of the $400+ booths!

We can chat about it more at the work day if you guys like, I'm planning on being there...so far I have no other events scheduled for that day! YES!
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: phoenix con Reply with quote

I would be more than happy to help out.
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a booth would be great, although the table in the hallway attracted a lot of attention, we all seemed to want to hang around it and is was crowded... Laughing

We seem to have a lot more people interested now so maybe we could come up with the money, but I don't think you should risk your own $$$ towards it unless you can collect it first!

Since we have so many months until the Con, we might be able to come up with the money... when is the deadline for payment?
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny-Wan wrote:
I think a booth would be great, although the table in the hallway attracted a lot of attention, we all seemed to want to hang around it and is was crowded... Laughing

We seem to have a lot more people interested now so maybe we could come up with the money, but I don't think you should risk your own $$$ towards it unless you can collect it first!

Since we have so many months until the Con, we might be able to come up with the money... when is the deadline for payment?

Ya I thought the table in the hallway was great, but like I said one thing we have to consider is space. I doubt we will be getting a free second table this time around, so do we want to put up the extra cash for a booth, or maybe try to get two tables or just stick with one?

Anywho, the deadline is June 25th before they open it up to the public!
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Solo wrote:

Ya I thought the table in the hallway was great, but like I said one thing we have to consider is space. I doubt we will be getting a free second table this time around, so do we want to put up the extra cash for a booth, or maybe try to get two tables or just stick with one?

Anywho, the deadline is June 25th before they open it up to the public!

Another thought to consider is if a space is designated again for us outside to do the Jedi Training and I get around to building that small platform for the training. The general milling could be done outside in costume (Don't forget that it will be January and good weather for this). Then the hallway booth would be primarily for info and advertising the Jedi Training. We would just need to make it a point not to gather right in front of our booth. The level of traffic through that hallway was perfect for recruitment I thought.

Just another thought. Very Happy
Mara Jen ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys, just wanted to jump in here with a quick heads-up . . . usually for the DSG I end up being the Cruise Director because they're mostly guys who are totally clueless when it comes to planning anything concrete in advance . . . love them, but seriously . . .

Saturday night of the Con will see the return of the Imperial Services Organization's mixer, which last year benefitted Kids Need To Read. The ISO is in the tradition of the USO, but for Stormtroopers, and utilizing vintage WWII pinup-y type stuff. We had dinner, did a small show, and generally had a very good time.

The MySpace page explains it better: www.myspace.com/501stUSO

Anyway, any RL guys and gals interested in buying a ticket would be more than welcome. Smile
Lord Parsec ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Author Kevin J. Anderson will be there this year as well.
varza (Alyson)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the dates?

501stCast
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should go for the booth if enough people commit to donations by the deadline. I don't think Zen should have to put up her own money for it. I can pledge $40...

plus I will re-do the costume binder ... the one Endor Base had at Wondercon was impressive...
Lord Parsec ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the dates... it's in January. Usually late January.

www.phoenixcomicon.com
Ttown_Jedi ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: phnx comic con '09 Reply with quote

so i may have over looked the date but when is it this coming year? all i've seen was january? any updates so far. and i'm up for helping out. what's the details?
thatsMISTERwookiee (Jack Smith)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: phnx comic con '09 Reply with quote

Ttown_Jedi wrote:
so i may have over looked the date but when is it this coming year? all i've seen was january? any updates so far. and i'm up for helping out. what's the details?

This is the planning stage thread for PCC 2009.
Lord Parsec ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also have some more information regarding The Jedi Training. They DO in fact want us to do it again. I am going to wait until after the meeting to post the info though. Smile

Personally I don't want to volunteer hours for the con to get a table. I just think it's a pain. My thought is that throughout the Jedi Training Camp, we keep as many RL members next to it as possible (especially Jedi) to gather interest in the training. The booth in the hall would act more as a homebase for purses, wallets, tubs, etc.

But by all means, let's keep discussing this. Smile
Lord Parsec ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, the Jedi Training was mention in the special programing on the PCC website...

Special Events ( 0 Articles )
Phoenix Comicon knows how much you love new and exciting events and each year we've developed unique programming to further our mission to be the signature pop culture event of the southwest. 2009 will be our best year yet and we'll be working on new evening events, dances and parties to keep the excitement going all night.

Our popular favorites will all be returning too: Film Festival, Zombie Beauty Pageant, J-Fashion Show, Jedi Training, Imperial Trooper Bootcamp with the 501st Imperial Legion, Themed Dance, Art Auction and Masquerade.

Pretty sweet! Cool
Rd maul ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Parsec wrote:
BTW, the Jedi Training was mention in the special programing on the PCC website...

Special Events ( 0 Articles )
Phoenix Comicon knows how much you love new and exciting events and each year we've developed unique programming to further our mission to be the signature pop culture event of the southwest. 2009 will be our best year yet and we'll be working on new evening events, dances and parties to keep the excitement going all night.

Our popular favorites will all be returning too: Film Festival, Zombie Beauty Pageant, J-Fashion Show, Jedi Training, Imperial Trooper Bootcamp with the 501st Imperial Legion, Themed Dance, Art Auction and Masquerade.

Pretty sweet! Cool

Hey Joel I can help this year as Anakin, maybe we could do a Obi-wan and Anakin theme for the Training?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: