About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e4fbb83cdeb4ef38c3ea0524232a27baMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Phoenix Comic Con 09
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarSkywalker ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Phoenix Comic Con 09 Reply with quote

Dustin from the 501st is looking to find a few Fleet Trooper Volunteers to work with the 501st on their training camp like the one they had this year. It was a big hit. There is plenty of time, but you can let me know who is interested in participating. (He did say that you guys can shoot back during the training camp) Very Happy

Cindy
fleet_trooper ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: phoenix Reply with quote

Lol. nothing like being target pratice! I will do it.
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man talk about planning ahead....can I at least have a few more months before I have to start thinking about Comic Con again?? Wink

Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I want to talk to Joe at PCC in more detail about the jedi Training. I want to make it a bigger thing next year with just a tad bit more organization. Last year was great but I know we can pump it up a bit more.
crash (Jeff Goldin)
Legion Council
Legion Council

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCC09 already?

Gets out pencil and marks calendar. Figure I've already done stuff in NM and CO might as well try for something in AZ... Fortunately my Rebel blaster still fires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys really like to plan in advance.... Shocked

I'll work the table and the training camp as long as I don't have to pay to get in... the con isn't worth the price of admission if you ask me... the best parts were the parts we created ourselves!

Laughing
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the table announcement today...we have a few more weeks if we want first dibs on another table before the open them to the public.

Man they sure start early!

Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible for us to get a larger space like the DSG had last year?

Just curious. If it's more in the budget of our group to do the hallway table again, thats fine.

But don't forget that the reason we had so much space was 'cause we snagged the PFF's unused table. Just playing devil's advocate. Evil or Very Mad
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if we wanted to upgrade we could do that. Here are the prices for next year. A booth, like the 501st had, is much more expensive than the table we had last year:

Standard Booth: $445
Endcap Booth: $495
Press Table: $195
Artists Gallery Table:$125

I'm willing to be wherever we can raise the money for. I thought being in the hallway was great because there was a ton of traffic, but it was probably extra cozy because we ended up with that extra table. If we can raise the money for a booth in the hall then I say go for it!

Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for another Hallway booth again. I'd be willing to donate some cash to this. I think we have more people now that finding donations will not be hard to come by.

Do we want to purchase 2 Hallway tables so we can have the same setup? Again, just a suggestion.
StarSkywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can donate some money. I can donate a little through out the year. Marie, yes they do start early. On the 501st boards, they were already planning for next year right after this year's was over. I think it takes a lot of planning and getting people to come, etc.

Cindy
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my hope to build a small Star Wars-ish looking stage for the Jedi Training Camp. I'm also trying to recruit another actor friend of mine to do some of the training so I can concentrate on helping organize stuff. We'll see how that goes. Razz
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we want to try having a number of people volunteer for the convention and see if we can snag a free table that way? I've attended enough conventions to know they need security, ticket handlers, guest liaisons, etc. I would volunteer for such an endeavor, though I have no problem paying for admittance and volunteering for the Jedi Training camp/Rebel Legion table.

I'll also chip in for a table as well.

Also, while we're in the planning stage: would anyone want to chip in for getting a hotel room? I'm thinking largely for Saturday night, because a) people could have the option to change/shower after Jedi Training Camp if they get really sweaty (or rained on Wink ), b) it might be nice to have somewhere to crash after running around at con all day Saturday instead of having to drive home, then drive all the way back for Sunday, and c) it would give us a place to store costumes/props/etc instead of behind/underneath the table or in someone's car. If we really wanted to get wild and crazy, we have d) somewhere we can throw the Rebel Legion party after con (which is more just hanging out, having food, decompressing from the day, etc). Wink Smile

Just another thought to add to the pile of pre-planning.

crash: You're more than welcome if you can make it down. Smile The Phoenix Cactus Con is the best of Arizona's local conventions, in my opinion, plus coming to visit in January means beautiful weather. Smile
Blazshtaliar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U guys need any help with anything at all, just let me and nichole know. Were willing to do just about anything to help make the Rebel Legion a better known organization.........not that it isn't already LoL Laughing

There is no emotion, there is only Peace.

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your improv, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman. -Joel
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year, they told us anyone who worked the table could get free passes. Of course, they didn't tell us that until AFTER we'd all paid to to get in. It would have been nice if he'd mentioned that ahead of time! So there's no need to pay if they have the same deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: