About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0544d587a5121f95061826c788fd7611Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question about RFT pants/belts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rando Mextra (Mark Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Question about RFT pants/belts Reply with quote

Do you RFTs generally have your belt go through the belt loops of your pants, or on top? I have a pair of 'faux' BDU pants from Costumebase, and the beltloops are too small to accept the 2" belt I made. I'm not looking forward to making and sewing all new belt loops, so if there is another way...

Mark
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a hard time getting the 2in belt through the loops on real BDU pants, so I went down to a 1 3/4 in belt (well, that plus I liked the belt blanks that fit the 1 3/4 belts better than the ones that fit the 2 in belt). But I guess that answers the question about whether I use the loops at all. I wouldn't want it not through there now that the belt also has to bear the weight of my holster/blaster...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the gun belt is not supposed to go through the loops of the pants, but many people wear it that way. I don't happen to think it looks right though, it's a gun belt, with ammo boxes on it.

I wear a miltary belt on my pants, and the gun belt is over that on the outside.

Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the belt into the loops from the sides back since that's covered up by my vest. It's just enough to keep them up Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do it too, till I got a belt for my pants.

I just think it looks too dorky to put the gun belt in the belt loops on the pants.

But look at the group I'm addressing!
Rolling Eyes Wink
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:

But look at the group I'm addressing!
Rolling Eyes Wink

Ha Ha! That's the best thing I've heard all day!

I ended up solving my own problem; I just bit the bullet and altered the loops- I thought I'd have to make all new, longer belt loops, but I was abled to rip the stitches on the bottom of the loops and resew them back lower.

I understand the feeling about the pants belt/gun belt and generally agree with the look, but I don't recall seeing any RFT's with two belts. Am I wrong?

Mark
MacRican ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My practice (not that I've trooped before) tends to lie with the belt through the loops. The belt I have is two inches wide I believe and fits perfectly through all the loops on my bdu's, so that's how I've worn it through the planning stages. It's also cinched comfortably snug around my mid-section enough though so that wearing the blaster with it won't be an issue. If I had an extra belt underneath, that'd be too much going on around there to be comfortable for a day.

Just my two creds from a non-member guy Smile

Sgt. Rook, RFT
Squad Leader
Rishi Maze Runners-RAID

"Sure would be nice if we had some GRENADES!"
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wear my BDU rigger's belt through the belt loops. Then I use a set of police belt-keepers to hook around the side and back of the pants (hidden by the vest). It keeps the belt up, you can't tell I'm wearing it, and my pants don't get dragged down by the wright of my blaster.

Another cool thing which I have found is that you can also hide a set of suspenders if the belt just ain't enough (life in the Army has taught me good). The suspenders would hold the belt up, or the pants up, or both if you need to.

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my old gunbelt would not fit through my loops...but the new belt (1 3/4") does so that is the way I was wearing it...through the loops.....as I was doing with my Endor...
but you guys are right...
through the loops is kinda dorky....
and my hips will keep my pants up...don't need no stinkin belt...lol..

I am going to start NOT using the loops....
I guess I never thought about that...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to go back and look, but I don't recall seeing any Trooper's belts through their belt loops on their pants.
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked through ANH again; The belts on all the RFTs are most definitely at the belt-line of the pants and there are no separate belts for the pants. However, there are no visible belt loops either; likely they are hidden by the vest or belt boxes.

Mark
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe they removed the belt loops on the pants?

I myself wore my belt through the loops (I used BDU pants not CB) and my belt was narrow enough to fit.

I don't really see the brown belt as a gun belt.

In any respect, I don't think RL would ban you from an official event if your belt was through loops or not. At least I hope they wouldn't...

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the smallest size pants are still too big for me, I wear my belt in my belt loops, it helps keep my pants up Wink
The belt just fits into the belt loops.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the screen captures I looked at...you really can't make much out in the belt area...too fuzzy and grainy...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trooper in the background shows it best. His belt does not have any gray loops over the brown belt. Also, you can see the black BDU-style belt under his pistol belt in both of these shots.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: