Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=39818bf9905f0a8184cb161a1eb26618Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Where is Padme in the new Clone Wars Trailer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padmé's first appearance in the weekly show and the new tan costume.
Here is a synopsis:
"Padmé Amidala and C-3PO are taken hostage by General Grievous, leaving Anakin and Obi-Wan to save the Senator and complete the destruction of the Malevolence."

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000699.html is the link for the video preview. Set those DVRs, ladies Wink
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is she doing piloting a royal cruiser into the middle of a war zone?

Silly senator.

Action is for the action heroes. Cool

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SpaceBuns (Sonya Hall)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benae Quee wrote:
Ooooo finally a costume I like Very Happy

Me too! I was considering doing the modified Battle outfit she wears, but I like this one better. To me it looks like the same top as the battle outfit, with the exception of the patches on the upper arm and obviously a different color. You can see the piping a little on the front of the shirt.
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryanakin wrote:
What is she doing piloting a royal cruiser into the middle of a war zone?

Silly senator.

Action is for the action heroes. Cool

Uh, the medical station was near....NABOO, you silly Jedi.

And Symina, the top and bottoms are virtually the same except for the padding(which is similar to Hoth Leia) but no seams on the tops of the arms .
Rebel Legion Reserve

Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the previews, so Padme only comes out TCW to get captured? Mad

The tan top and bottom are similar to the white battle uniform. The pants have that outer thigh ribbing detail that is different.

I hope we get good back views for her hair (is it like Padme's hair with mulit braids when she is in Naboo Pilot gear?).

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen Amidala wrote:
I hope we get good back views for her hair (is it like Padme's hair with mulit braids when she is in Naboo Pilot gear?).

I think it is, MA and also, the bracers and boots looked to be the same from that AOTC Pilot costume except the color is rust-colored instead of a brown in the Pilot one.
Rebel Legion Reserve

Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Trapppppppp!

So much for this Padme uniform being fairly simple, there are still some tricky details. I still have not figured out exactly how to make those shoulder flange things on the vest. And not sure if the oval things on the arms and thighs are pads, pleats?

Now, how to make the hair ornaments? The seem to be individual silver tubes that all connect. I guess you need some half tubes that will close around the hair, but still keep in a line and morve as one piece accross the row, and not as separate hair holders.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen Amidala wrote:
It's a Trapppppppp!

So much for this Padme uniform being fairly simple, there are still some tricky details. I still have not figured out exactly how to make those shoulder flange things on the vest. And not sure if the oval things on the arms and thighs are pads, pleats?

Now, how to make the hair ornaments? The seem to be individual silver tubes that all connect. I guess you need some half tubes that will close around the hair, but still keep in a line and morve as one piece accross the row, and not as separate hair holders.

You could really just do the hair like her Naboo Pilot hair from AoTC. I think it was animated the way it was to make it easier Wink

The shoulder pieces look like they could be done by making a roll that attaches in the arm seam of the vest? It is a weird piece, but I'm sure it will be quite doable Smile I love her vest, it looks like it would be great made in a butter suede with leather piping along the edges (or just a top-stitched edge seam).

The oval thigh/arm things look pin-tucked like her White battle top. Her pants in teh large scanned photo look like they are zip front with some top stitching on the front seams.

This will be a fun costume to try and figure out Smile
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that you might be able to make those shoulder thingies (like my technical term?) by making them separately from the vest. It looks like they seam together along the top edge. Maybe make a tube-shaped piece that graduates to a soft point in the middle? Then maybe stuff it with some pillow stuffing and hand-sew it to the inside edge of the vest armhole.

* Edit*

Sorry, BenaeQuee, I sorta skipped the part where you mentioned how possibly to make the shoulder pieces.
SpaceBuns (Sonya Hall)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first part completed (almost) for the brown outfit:

We had a little trouble with the paint bubbling for some reason, but oh well. Confused Smile

The red pieces aren't glued down yet, and now I see looking at the picture above the need to sit more in the middle. Glad I hadn't done that yet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: