Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=54bae1cf786f5b603e51ba4aa7dbc077Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Where is Padme in the new Clone Wars Trailer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Legion Events Coordinator
Legion Events Coordinator

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, she could lose her cape and hat in a tragic... hair product accident.
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hofmann wrote:
Looks like the cape and hat are purple:

I saw a copy of the book about the movie last nite at TRU, and she's got another costume in the movie as well. The book also showed that the cape and hat have dark purple chevrons on it too.

"Hair product accident"? Oh, my.... Where's a good handmaiden when you need her? Very Happy

What was her other costume? Was it a full-body pic of the swirls gown?
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on this as I still can't find enough perfect fabric to make the live action version to what I want it to be Wink So I have most of a top and most of a pair of pants (they need a few details for each and they are done).
I figured if I'm going to have matching pants and top then it would be beter for a costume from a cartoon Wink

GentleBant wrote:

Here's the specific way I was seeing the "flare" I was referring to...not disagreeing with what you posted Mary Alice, just showing why I thought they might be flared...

http://gentlebant.com/images/otherimages/padme_clonewars1.jpg

http://gentlebant.com/images/otherimages/padme_clonewars1_comment.jpg

Her elbow is quite a lot lower, about waist level (where it would naturally be- even stylised cartoons tend to keep this proportion) and what you see below that is her arm to the left of area below and the top of her blaster to the right. It's much easier to see movement.

Her hair is quite light in the figure too really.
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried on and snapped a pic of me wearing my altered Battle outfit test patterns for the Clone Wars Padme:

The belt is a stunt belt (an old GG Leia belt blank turned backwards) and the waist is just pinned in place on the pants.
I know how I want to make the blaster holster but as I don't have a blaster to put in there....
Still not sure if I will get this done in time for the opening.
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hofmann wrote:
Looks like the cape and hat are purple:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/mwbase/padme.jpg

I saw a copy of the book about the movie last nite at TRU, and she's got another costume in the movie as well. The book also showed that the cape and hat have dark purple chevrons on it too.

GentleBant wrote:
What was her other costume? Was it a full-body pic of the swirls gown?

I got a chance to quickly thumb through the Clone Wars: The Visual Guide when I was trooping for book signing of CW Novel by Karen Traviss. The store didn't have the visual guide discounted, they were only doing 40% off on the CW novel (which I did buy to get signed) so I have not bought a copy of the guide yet.

For Padme costumes in the guide:
-tiny pic of head to toe in white battle
-white battle with dark purple cape/hat/cowl Shocked
- blue with swirls formal gown but just a headshot (still don't know what this gown looks like Sad )
-maroon battle vest with rank bar over tan uniform (looks very Leia inspired but with more Padme color choices, this is new one!).
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a photo book at Walmart with the swirly dress in it - already colored (every other page was a full picture and the opposite had info on the character)! They had about 3 different coloring/activity books and this was the only Padme pic in any of them - I will try to scan it and post it in a minute.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends all thought I was nuts jumping up and down in Walmart at 1 in the morning when I found it - but then they have been at camp with me for 5 weeks now - they know I'm SW crazy so I don't know why they were so surprised... And here is the pic!

Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jen. That costume is very nice. Amadalia
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome - its pretty much the only good pic in the book - the rest are posed or lit so you can't see key details of costumes - Anakin is in complete shadow except his lightsaber and face for example.
Rebel Legion Reserve

Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumps up and down with glee. Now that's a Padme costume!
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wow! Thanks for posting that. It's quite different than I had imagined.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my thoughts about it going in the general direction of that, but with full sleeves. The hairstyle would be a real nightmare to recreate so I don't think I'm going make a try with it.
Abimused (Abigael)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks so much for posting that! It's definitely much different to what I had thought! I had envisaged a much MUCH larger skirt! But it's very beautiful and very Padme Very Happy yay!
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's great to finally see that formal costume full-length. Looks really neat Smile

Browsing around Ebay, I came across an auction for Clone Wars cards - including a Padme one. I'm not sure if the image has been posted here before, but it shows that elbow padding on the legs as well -

Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anaria, we did know that from the Rubies costume(yes, I know icky) and when I took my pics, I just used some pieces of tape to give the strips b/c we don't know for sure it is padding, it could just be strips for style Wink

BUT, here some are without further ado:

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/princessleia911/Padme%20Costumes/CW%20Battle/

I got 3 different books, took pics and then posted them. So far I believe we have 4 confirmed costumes for TCW. The White Battle with a few modifications(strips on the lower arms and side of hips) with and without the cream hat and cape that was in AOTC is one that seems to be a constant. There is also the white one with a purple hat and cape but from the Visual Guide, I believe it will be in the TV series, not the movie. We have the Blue with Yellow Swirls Dress which is also in the movie. And we have this new one, which looks like a simpler version of the White Battle in tan(and no top seams on the arms, no silver armbands but we do see the square neck seam but no seam across the bust) and it does look like there is some padding on the upper arm ala Hoth Leia. Also like Hoth Leia, we see a maroon vest(cropped though) with a Senatorial Rank Badge. She is also wearing a brown belt with a rectangular silver buckle and 2 pouches. Can't see the boots though Sad but she is wearing a brownish copper rust fingerless gauntlets that end before the elbow. The tan suit with the belt is very Jaina Solo to me and I also believe from these books that this costume will again show up in the TV Series and not the movie. But in a week or 2, we will see Amadalia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: