About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d4990997cf63a526ec3330d6c3a27badMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin III new glove and photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said to Ariel in the application and in the previous thread I mentioned the buckles.

Primrodo wrote:

Ariel has to be judged in the same manner and the same set of standards as every Anakin before him since the new standards have been in place.

We do not expect you to have to get orginal peices for the costume but as I said there was three places to replace the incorrect glove buckles, Diego being one, Customsprops in Argentina mades fabrications and the Rubies ones which are fine as well.

I've listed the three places to get decent buckles, ranging from the cheap/best options all the way to the best.

The two things he had to correct was the extra pad AND the buckles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skoe wrote:
"Dear judge Diego Arevalo:
I think that there should be an official place to buy any of the parts and pieces for any of the costumes in our Legion, so all of us who don't have enough skill to make them, then have the possibility to buy them, that would help us a lot in our intends to register our costumes at this Legion, cause it's very sad for someone who does his best effort, being rejected constantly.

I like the idea, but this proposal may start breaching on our Rebel Legion mandate of "no personal profit." Individuals can offer to make and sell various props, but when you start getting into officially RL sanctioned vendors, that starts to cross the line.

skoe wrote:

Personally I dare to say that a costume can't be evaluated precisely only with some photos, cause seeing a costume in person may give you some hints of things that are not alright. I'm telling this because a personal experience; some months ago my X-wing pilot costume was rejected only because of the photos...I took them again and I was already accepted, so you can check on it on the Pilot's section at the listings.

The thing is that I attended recently an event in San Diego Cal. where I had the chance to meet another rebel pilot, who had bought almost everything for that costume, in contrast with mine, that is almost home made; we compared them with all detail, and the difference at most was only the sizes of some pieces, such as the chest box, but for the rest they were both just fine, and therefore we're both members of this Legion, and anyone said anything bad about mine... At the contrary, they gave me the nickname of "Red Baby" hahaha, just because the small size of some of my costume parts.

I understand your frustration. However, it is the applicant's responsibility to take and submit good photos. Between the LCJ and the applicant, the applicant is the only one who can control the quality and quantity of pictures submitted.

LCJs can only judge by what they see, and if they don't see what they need to, then the applicant gets denied. It may seem aribtrary and impersonal, but those are the rules. Every applicant is on notice of the costume and picture requirements.

LCJs been a bit more forgtiving in that sense by asking for better photos to be sbumitted, but LCJs cannot give a pass to what they believe to be a bad costume based on the pictures.

My suggestion is to send in pictures of the applicant standing straight in a neutral position and have the photographer take pictures of the full body from front, back, and two sides. Additional "action poses" can be submitted, but those poses can hide necessary details.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to make the additional suggestion that Ariel can remove the glove and ask to be judged as a Generic Jedi which he could qualify for as formal. Then, he can work on his glove and may I suggest to visit www.sonsofthesuns.com as a resource for the buckles which has the same things that Primrodo has suggested as well as the support of other Anakins out there. As both Primrodo, Bryanakin and Diego can confirm, it takes a while to perfect the Anakin costume even though it seems very simple.
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel: I'm going to strongly suggest that you edit your application and upload pictures without your glove for approval, as well having your character name: Ariel Skywalker. The costume would be accepted as a "formal generic Jedi"

Then
when you are ready and have modified your glove to the correct buckles. You may submit another application as "Anakin Skywalker" with new picture of the revise glove for review. This would be your second costume.

At least this way, you will be formal with the RL until you are ready to reapply as Anakin Skywalker.

I am locking this thread. If you would like to discuss this more directly, I would prefer that you email me directly at: BoushhLeia@gmail.com

Thank you

~ Lori
Rebel Legion Membership Officer

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: