About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e123db16d3f32fc6c85bfd578d45e3b3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

One more try at an accurate A-Wing pilot coming from Hasbro.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crynyd (Chad Monroe)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: One more try at an accurate A-Wing pilot coming from Hasbro. Reply with quote

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2008/Hasbro/presentation/image43.asp

That helmet doesn't resemble anything they're packing with the current pilot figs, and the chest box is closer. Otherwise he's exactly the same as the current Tycho. He's still got X-wing straps, though.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The helmet looks closer, at least it's not an X- or Y-Wing.

If they could just get the straps right, it would be pretty close, wouldn't it? The chest box hose still doesn't look right, either, though.
Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zrissa (Linda Whitson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the figure and was wondering if the chestbox was close enough to use as a costume reference. I have yet to find a clear picture of that, which is one of the big reasons I have held off on this costume.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zrissa wrote:
I picked up the figure and was wondering if the chestbox was close enough to use as a costume reference. I have yet to find a clear picture of that, which is one of the big reasons I have held off on this costume.

did you ever finish up your X-Wing helmet??

and no this chestbox on these figures isnt close enough for an accurate costume. Chad's is pretty close, maybe he can shoot your some pictures.
Skaught ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I curious about the back of that helmet! I still have half a sculpt sitting on my work bench. Maybe better pics are out there, somewhere...

Scott
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, colors a bit better otherwise it looks like the same sculpt as Tycho. Which I still have not found in my area yet.

Yeah can we get a pic of your chest box, pleeeeeease? I'm on that phase of my costume. And if you want to be the only male A-wing at Megacon...

OT: Did anyone click the pic of the A-wing? A Galactic Heroes Rancor and AT-pt?! Awesome!

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zrissa (Linda Whitson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raye Skywalker wrote:

did you ever finish up your X-Wing helmet??

No, alas.
We moved in August (to Kessel Base) for Lon Mark to take a new job and have only just gotten our own place. So I am just now getting the costume & helmet shell out of storage (today in fact!) , as we haven't had a place to work on anything up until now. Not to mention the time.
It's already painted, just lacking the goggles and straps, so it's very close. I'll probalby be submitting the costume pics without the helmet for now, which is what the squadron leader here is encouraging me to do.

Quote:
and no this chestbox on these figures isnt close enough for an accurate costume. Chad's is pretty close, maybe he can shoot your some pictures.

Chad, if you would be willing to send me pics, I'd appreciate it. Just PM me.
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys see the newest in the Gentle Giant "Chubbies" (nesting dolls) line?

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2008/XWingFighterPilot.jpg

Yep, a tiny lil A-wing pilot.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta get me one of those.
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:
If they could just get the straps right, it would be pretty close, wouldn't it? The chest box hose still doesn't look right, either, though. Confused

Oh no...please don't start "Rebel Legion-ing" the action figures now. Rolling Eyes The straps "aren't right" cause they're made of plastic, and that's not likely to change. Apparently Hasbro would not make it past Rebel Legion costume standards...ok, good thing they are in the toy business. If ya want to make little doll clothes for your action figures, that fine...knock yourself out! Let's not start to nit-pick on the toys and all the other SW merchandise just because some of us have run out of costumes to over-analyze.

Too bad all the "black market" collectors are gonna snatch up that A-wing before any fans get a shot at it...cause that's the best varient of the A-Wing/with figure I've seen. I don't need the A-Wing, but I wished they sold the pilot seperate.

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed lol, we really cant ask them to do better than this. want Sad but also, we dont need the a-wing.

well, chad does... so maybe we do. forgot he melted his old on on the dash of the a-wing car hahaha
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How dare you say that Krash?! Everytime a non screen-accurate toy is made George Lucas and Baby Jesus cry! Laughing

They can make the straps better. And are actually. That slideshow shows the Rebel Pilot Evolutions, and Ten Numb has accurate straps. So... guess I'll be buying it to modify my Tycho (or Arvyl if i'm lucky enough). Oh and they are doing a second Rebel Pilot Evolutions this year as well, so they might do yet another A-wing pilot (and most likely a new Y-wing pilot), plus an Imperial Pilots Evolution is slated.

Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lao-Jon Yung wrote:
How dare you say that Krash?! Everytime a non screen-accurate toy is made George Lucas and Baby Jesus cry! Laughing

I know...

Further proof X-Wings need bumper stickers Cool

Quote:
That slideshow shows the Rebel Pilot Evolutions, and Ten Numb has accurate straps.

You realize, with the Tycho Celchu figure, plus this new Arvil Cryid... one more and that's 3 LFL licensed references ... which means it's "street legal" I know there's some who wouldd rather drown younglings before letting that happen, but can a few more options be that bad?

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly the A-wing requirements are lax compared to X-wing or Y-wing...

And when you look at the A-wing figures Kenner Hasbro has done so far:

RotJ/Droids pilot
PotF pilot
"Red" Arvyl from Rebel Pilots Cinema scene
"Green" Arvyl from Target A-wing
Unleashed battle pack A-wing (same as PotF sculpt)
Tycho
Exclusive Arvyl

Each has something so right, each has something so wrong. But they all look good as a whole.

Bluegrrl ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little nesting dolls are SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! It's like, it's something for Ken and something for me!! Smile

And, with regards to accurate toys - it's not like it's necessary, but still, c'mon! When you're an A-Winger, it's so hard to find a small accurate model that you can hold and use as a good reference. Screen caps are hard enough to get, and there's very little consistency. It would just be nice to have a definite version to look at and go, "Oh, so that's how it's supposed to look." Then there'd be no prob making correct costumes (or having people make snide comments of "well he's more accurate, she's not right", etc.)

After all, the x-wings have clear versions of themselves. Why can Bs and As have one too? chickpilot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: