About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=51bc259171ba7e3d332cf6577f4b1819Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

501st Armour Good or Bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roken Vanmal ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Lao-Jon Yung wrote:
Watch Ep4 again, I'm pretty sure there is a "Tall" Jawa. Seriously.

If you look at the shot where R2 rolls towards Luke and 3PO, look to the right of the frame behind a droid. There's an adult extra on his knees pretending to be a jawa. You can see his long arms sticking out under a robe that's way too short!

It's canon, so I can't be refused! Laughing
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roken Vanmal wrote:
Just a rule of thumb:

Shooting a youngling = gray area (was he/she being a jerk?) "Force wedgies and swirlies" count as justified shootings. Laughing

It's only justified if you don't kill with the shot.

Darksaber Jedi Knights, Springfield, MO Fanforce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we not have anymore discussion about Palpatine/Sidious in the Rebel Trooper forum please? Neutral

That was kind of the point of Donna's post.
Rolling Eyes

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad... I kind of got carried away with reading the other posts and that question came to mind. Smile
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll cut and past the posts into a new thread.

The posts have been pulled and put in a topic called "Palpatine Discussion" in The Coruscant Cafe. Have fun continuing the debate. Smile
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good or bad I just got this costume authorized formally!!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo hoo
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Lars wrote:
Are you talking about 501st as in the Star Wars Universe or the 501st Legion in real life?

Remind me, next time I run into Tim Zahn, to hit him with a spark of Force lightning (or taser) and say "Bad Zahn!" for just that reason. Wink (that's a joke people... chill)

See, one reason I like that RL accepts clones (I've been bugging one of our local guys to get duel citizenship for years now) is simple: it's better to have guys in clone armor help unite RL and 501st rather then a bunch of guys who'd love nothing more then screw us over at any given opportunity.

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord knows Zahn does enough conventions. He's at more than Gil Gerrard and Richard Hatch combined... Shocked

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Roken Vanmal ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on the Star Wars Wiki and thought it was neat (I know, not canon...but still neat):

Star Wars Wikia wrote:
Once Order 66 was initiated by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, the order was not followed by all of the Alpha ARCs. Some did decide to obey the Chancellor's order, but many of the other ARCs chose to disobey Palpatine due to their unaltered independent minds and close experiences with the Jedi. After the Clone Wars, some Alpha-class ARC troopers retired to Coruscant or Kamino and became teachers for the Empire's recruitment camps; others followed in Jango Fett's footsteps and became bounty hunters.[1] Some even joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order 66: In the event of Jedi officers acting against the interests of the Republic, and after receiving specific orders verified as coming directly from the Supreme Commander (Chancellor), GAR commanders will remove those officers by lethal force, and command of the GAR will revert to the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) until a new command structure is established.

but...

Order 65: In the event of either (i) a majority in the Senate declaring the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) to be unfit to issue orders, or (ii) the Security Council declaring him to be unfit to issue orders, and an authenticated order being received by the GAR, commanders shall be authorized to detain the Supreme Commander, with lethal force if necessary, and command of the GAR shall fall to the acting Chancellor until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6 (iv).

(From Star Wars Republic Commando: True Colors by Karen Traviss)

So from this, the clones also had the order to remove the Chancellor as well as Jedi... They are but pawns in the greater game...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: