About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f1a7bdaa03e5f21f4d34fb194e8077f6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ep 1 Blue Senate Guard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get it from, Rachel?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padme911 wrote:
Where did you get it from, Rachel?

The only place I know of that sells them is: http://www.sithplanet.com/ Though I recently found out about a woman in the UK who is going to be making them, but at 200 pounds and 60 or 70 pounds for shipping (that's like $400) we decided to go with the guy in the US.

*As a side note, I'm not super impressed with the Senate Guard robes he offers for sale. There a lot of things that are incorrect.

Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the pictures up on my blog: http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/2010/04/senate-guard-helmet.html

padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This velvet is on sale today and it is cotton: http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=a41e305a-8302-4832-9fcc-df935e1cc6ca&CategoryID=0309e182-bcb8-42bd-80e7-3ec805d15f55

I thought that color looked the best but they do have lighter that you could dye. I do think that after seeing the real one it is velvet that has a short pile.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say anything Navy is going to be too dark. In fact, the "Royal Blue" I got from Sy is probably too dark, but it photographs like that, so I went with it. The velvet in person is lighter and a bit more "dusty", but not nearly as "dusty" as I was thinking.

realmdemagic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the look of this helm...I can't wait to see if finished!
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That helmet itself looks ok, but the spine sure is crooked. You should be able to straighten it by dunking it into hot water and flattening it. You may also need to reform it to fit the helmet with no gaps, I can't tell from the photos.

That "lens" is ludicrous, it looks like some sort of clear divider thing from a stationery store. Is the lens supposed to be blue, or black? Not sure what you could do for a replacement if it's supposed to be blue.

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten some great tips from our local 501st garrison "brothers" about redoing the lens and straightening the spine and/or recreating it. For the lens someone suggested getting a replacement shield for motorcycle helmets and covering it with tinting film (used for cars) to make it black. It is supposed to be black, not blue.

I got a start to the sewing yesterday!! I'm so excited to finally get this costume going. Smile http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/2010/04/senate-guard-progress.html

padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What pattern did you use for the outer robe? It looks spot on(whereas I agree, Sith Planet does not, sleeves WAY too short).
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padme911 wrote:
What pattern did you use for the outer robe? It looks spot on(whereas I agree, Sith Planet does not, sleeves WAY too short).

I started out with B4050, but it's HIGHLY altered: http://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/21481 I mostly used the pattern as a guide for the neckline & shoulders. The pattern has a center front opening which I had to eliminate, and a center back seam which I also had to eliminate. The pattern goes much wider than the velvet fabric I had, which is 45" so I had to alter it. The senate guard robes don't have the arm holes like the pattern has, so I had to alter that. The "sleeves" I pretty much just made up as I went along. Once I had everything cut out, I tried it on my husband and then cut off pieces of velvet that didn't work. So, pretty much I went with no pattern. I take you saying my pattern is spot on as a great compliment since it was mostly my own. Smile

Defender_of_the_Empire (Clément MAXIMILIEN)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Smile

Clément here, from France (maybe soon French Base? ^^)

I am more known as a 501st member (you saw my screen name, I kept it even here as it is easier to remind me with it), but I recently decided to go RL with my Ep I Senate Guard. This is fun after all! Razz

Here are some pics, hope they'll please you! Very Happy

Screen accurate under suit with gloves and riding boots/helmet/rifle...light variant! ^^

Bucket off

Different views with weapon

Protect the Chancellor!

Force Pike variant, as seen in AOTC

I will soon post more information on how/when...etc about it, please let me know what you think of it (I submited it this WE for RL membership).

Clément Wink

501st Legion member : #5181 - French Garrison
GhostRider01 (Luis Alejandro Mendoza)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! i need some advice about this eBay helmet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Costume-EP3-Blue-Senate-Guard-Helmet-painted-/120593090237?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c13e886bd

someone know the seller? or the quality of the helmet?

Formely Know as Sgt. Siul Azendom
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy posted a bunch of stuff on ebay and posted via the RPF. He has been a member there a while and he has a ton of good quality helmets. He said he was moving and could not take much stuff. It looks pretty high quality to me from the pics. He is selling the costume too if you search his other items.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the same guy who made my husband's helmet. Not uber spectacular, but not horrid either, and pretty much the only option out there for Senate Guard helms. Painted, that's a pretty good price.

Hollis DZC ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking start on Jason's costume!! Looking forward to more WIP pics!! I really like that helmet, the open face and plumes just really set it off! Can't wait to see how it looks when you get it back from the body shop!

Clement, yours is superb!! Great job all the way around! Your helmet came out awesome! Love the blaster!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: