Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=207e62bdbc40e82b94289d65784302e4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Avar Kriss costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarasiahNaberrie (Julia Pizarro Malave)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject: Avar Kriss costume Reply with quote

One cover with Yoda featuring this blonde Jedi from the High Republic got my attention and interest to make her robes and tabard. Are there any standards for this new Jedi character?

I saw that her colors are white, brown and gold but what would be the ideal fabric for her tabards?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this stage in time, I'm afraid that none of the High Republic characters are being cleared (or standards being discussed) until more reference images are published. Hopefully after January this might change!

Cleared Costumes:
Generic Jedi
Jedi Knight/Star Forge Revan
X-Wing Pilot
Jedi General
ionicdesign (Michael)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangams wrote:
At this stage in time, I'm afraid that none of the High Republic characters are being cleared (or standards being discussed) until more reference images are published. Hopefully after January this might change!

Correct. There are many things out there many as previews or preliminary images. When we have enough officially released content the standards can more forward.

Nevertheless if you're passionate about it by all means pursue it. Can you share the images you're looking at for advice on materials? Thank you.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJO DXO here - rest assured that the DCO and I are both very excited about the new material from the High Republic era, and will push standards through as soon as we can! Both of us also plan to make High Republic era costumes. However, as others have mentioned, we do not yet have enough source material for a completed standard - the covers and concept art that have been released so far are insufficient, and the first issue hasn't even been released quite yet. We will need views of the entire costume head to toe as well as front and back before we can nail down a standard, and are not expecting to get all the necessary angles in the first issue of the comic.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I will say that since the only visual source for this character is a comic book, that is going allow you more freedom with regards to the materials you use than any costume seen on screen in live action. Also, if you wait until multiple artists have depicted the character in official media, you might have a bit of variance in how the costume is depicted and then be able to pick which artist's rendition to primarily base your costume on while still using the other depictions as reference. Although I have never submitted it (because I don't consider it quite finished even though I've worn it to a handful of cons and events), I have a padawan Zayne Carrick costume, which is also only seen in comics and has been drawn by multiple artists. His lightsaber hilt in particular varies a lot in its depiction by different artists.

So anyway, while we can't put together a standard yet due to insufficient source material, you could still use the cover art and concept art and whatever's in the first issue (available this Wednesday) to scout out possible materials to use - any material typically used in other Jedi costumes will *probably* be ok as long as it matches the colour in the comic art. Also, we encourage input from our detachment members when creating new standards or refining old ones. Once the first issue of the comic is released, feel free to share your thoughts on what you think should be included in the standards for the main characters! The DCO or I will probably start discussion threads for them later this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: