About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a9d47435613035a9cb7967eca2f389a0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Canadian Squadron Name Suggestions...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Canadian Squadron Name Suggestions... Reply with quote

Okay... lets get this going... Canada NEEDS a Squadron! Post your Squadron name suggestions here...

Posible Squadron Names... (to be kept up to date)

Roaring Wampa Squadron
Condor Dragon Squadron
Cairoka Squadron
Tie Dies Squadron

Existing Rebel Legion Squadrons...

Warhawk Squadron
Hazard Squadron
Phantom Squadron
Hawkbat Squadron
Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Shadow Squadron
1138th Krayt Dragons
Liberty Squadron
Spice Runner Squadron

Qualified Canadian pilots... (5 Total)
Marianne Solav (Marie-Claude Dion - QC?) Naboo Pilot Padme
Tionniel Silverstar ( - QC) X-Wing Orange
Master ( - QC) X-Wing Orange
Woofer (John H. VanOphem - ON) X-Wing Orange
Cprav (Justine MacDonald - ) X-Wing Dress Uniform
1 in BC (to be confirmed)

Up and coming...
grey_starr (Daniel - ON) X-Wing Orange
StyrofoamGuy (Alex - ON) X-Wing Orange
TVB1138 (Troy - ON) X-Wing Orange
Dom (Dom - QC) X-Wing Orange
Mystery X-Wing Pilot Oakville ( - ON) X-Wing Orange

Potentials needing a push...
Primrodo (Justin Monk - ON) X-Wing Blue - Naboo Pilot
Stephanie (Stephanie Monk - ON) X-Wing Orange?

Last edited by grey_starr (Daniel) on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:58 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know another guy in Oakville with a completed costume. Need him to sign up.

As far as names, the name that was supposedly reserved, but any information showing that, has been lost or never recorded, was Cairoka Squadron.

The Cairoka is a white bird native to Alderaan. Nothing fierce, but when thinking of Canada as a whole, Alderaan seemed to be a good fit. From western mountains to wide plains, the lakes and forests of Ontario and Quebec and the natural maritime beauty of the coasts. Add in our relative political neutrality and peacekeeping roles and Alderaan makes a very good analogy.

Wookieepedia has updated itself a lot since the last time I looked up Alderaan and animals.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures_of_Alderaan

Perhaps Thranta is a better choice if we wish to honour Alderaaan?

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this get going.

Just to add to your list ...

1) "Condor Dragons" is being considered over in the Endor Base forums right now (especially since it's an Endor creature).

2) These following names are also taken:
"1138th Krayt Dragons" (Elstree Base) - under reorganization
"Liberty Squadron" (Freedom Base)
"Spice Runner Squadron" (Kessel Base)

3) Before recommending names for your Squadron Unit Designation (SUD), be sure to read the RLSC Charter - ARTICLE VI, REGULATIONS 4A (Unit Designation & Crest) & 4B (Nomenclature & Sources)."

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9116

A decision will also have to be reached on whether or not selecting a name is open to the base as a whole or strictly those pilots with complete (or nearly complete) costumes. After all, THEY are who will have to live with it.

4) AND REMEMBER ... Squadrons are open to all OT and PT pilot costumes, not just the ever-popular Orange (X-wing and ANH Y-wing). Let's see some grey (ROTJ Y-wing) and green (A-wing) out there too!

grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
1) "Condor Dragons" is being considered over in the Endor Base forums right now (especially since it's an Endor creature).

Which should mean it is available and acceptable until such time as it is actually being used...

HazardThree wrote:
2) These following names are also taken:
"1138th Krayt Dragons" (Elstree Base) - under reorganization
"Liberty Squadron" (Freedom Base)
"Spice Runner Squadron" (Kessel Base)

Noted and updated... I got my list from the Rebel Legion Starfighter Command list of Roster Stickies... was the only list I could find off hand...

HazardThree wrote:
3) Before recommending names for your Squadron Unit Designation (SUD), be sure to read the RLSC Charter - ARTICLE VI, REGULATIONS 4A (Unit Designation & Crest) & 4B (Nomenclature & Sources)."

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9116

A decision will also have to be reached on whether or not selecting a name is open to the base as a whole or strictly those pilots with complete (or nearly complete) costumes. After all, THEY are who will have to live with it.
Is true, I hear what you're saying... but in an effort to get this moving I have stepped forward to carry the burdon of making things go... if it is wished, I can remove everything I have been doing... and wait untill I actually finish my costume... Wink

HazardThree wrote:
4) AND REMEMBER ... Squadrons are open to all OT and PT pilot costumes, not just the ever-popular Orange (X-wing and ANH Y-wing). Let's see some grey (ROTJ Y-wing) and green (A-wing) out there too!
The intent has not been to focus on the Orange... I believe that Justin has been planing to fall into the "Other" catagorie... and I recal one other as being "other"... I'll be trying to track down and contact existing pilots soon...
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woofer wrote:
I know another guy in Oakville with a completed costume. Need him to sign up.
Oh Yeah... we'll have to get on him!... lol ... Soon we'll make an impressive site at Cons!... 1 is cool... 2 is better... but up to 8?!?! That is impressive!!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel,

No worries. If you're in progress with the costume and everyone else is cool with it, you're good. (I'm glad to see the initiative.) I was just posting it to let you know what other bases have done. Some had everyone pitch in name ideas and just had pilots (done and nearly complete) vote, some had everyone do both, some had just the pilots do both. It's really up to the base and the potential squadron members.

As for names, I just wanted everyone to have all the info up front. I don't want you guys to fall in love with a name just to have me come in and say "NO." (I've already had to do that once with a base, and it didn't make people to happy, but hey, I had warned them. Wink ) (And yes, you're right the "Condor Dragon" name is still up for grabs, I just wanted to let you know that another Base was considering it.)

And don't everyone take the Orange reference too seriously ... I post that to all the up-and-coming squadrons. (Like I should talk being a Y-wing pilot in Orange.) Laughing

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and you missed one on the roster.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=776

Tionnel was actually the first pilot in Canada. She got her costume submission in about a month or so before me.

"This is Major Wes Janson, and if you're not aware of his exploits, I'm sure he'll be delighted to give you the whole story."
― Wedge Antilles
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool... I am really psyched about getting a squadron going!... my costume is very close to being done... realistically just chest box and straps away really...

at this time I don't care who votes or suggests names... for me it's about getting things done, and not having them sit in limbo forever...

Ooo... how about the "Tie Dies"? LoL
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woofer wrote:

Tionnel was actually the first pilot in Canada. She got her costume submission in about a month or so before me.

Maybe she is one of those 2 in QC I had listed?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grey_starr wrote:
Ooo... how about the "Tie Dies"? LoL

Now that could be an awesome patch .... a pain to embroider, but an awesome patch! I say you guys should consider it!

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grey_starr wrote:
Woofer wrote:

Maybe she is one of those 2 in QC I had listed?

Ah in that case why not list the others? Why to be confirmed? Is their membership under review or something?

So what about my suggestion regarding Alderaan-based creature name? There are a number of Thranta variations according to the link I posted above.

As far as Tie Dies.. I think a tye-dyed RLSFC command shirt would be more fun. Get *all* the RL pilots involved, not just a single squadron.

― Wedge Antilles
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget you have other resources locally to pull pilots from for events.

It's not like we're not up there all the time anyway Wink

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediXXL wrote:
Don't forget you have other resources locally to pull pilots from for events.

It's not like I'm not up there all the time anyway Wink
You mean, you're not Canadian?!?!?!
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woofer wrote:
Ah in that case why not list the others? Why to be confirmed? Is their membership under review or something?

So what about my suggestion regarding Alderaan-based creature name? There are a number of Thranta variations according to the link I posted above.

They are to be confirmed because I only got that info from a previous post... I have no idea whom those other pilots are... and with no member search available right now by Garrison... I'll need to go slowly through and search them out...

Your suggestions are fine... I am updating the first post as things come up... I have no idea what "good" ideas might be.. lol ... i'd like to get all the others involved... so it's not just you and me...
Cprav (Justine MacDonald)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of going with the Alderaan theme.

Hopefully one of these days I'll have my pilot done and can join you! sigh...
Facebook
Twitter: AuroraLee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: