Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=be5cf99385797c1fb302eb41094a393bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Cloud City Leia WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Cloud City Leia WIP Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone!!

I am currently working on Bespin Leia for RL approval. I am working on both an embroidery version of the cloak as well as a non-embroidery version.

I wanted to post photos of my non-embroidery cloak that I just finished hand sewing the cooper braid trim to this past weekend. It has the correct number of pleats in both the front and the back. I also hand braided the Krenick trim to create the copper braid trim.

Below are some photos of my non-embroidery cloak along with the pants, shoes and partially finished tunic (without sleeves and trim) I have not completed the belt yet and am using a belt for another costume for the photos.

Please let me know your thoughts. This is the first time I am going for approval and I am rather nervous. Thank you!

RebelKitty Dance Chewie

The completed non-embroidery cloak:

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice start. Smile

I think perhaps your yoke could use some extra interfacing to stiffen it more, and that it would be beneficial if it reached down a bit further over your chest.
Your colors look great!
You've done well so far; remember that costuming is a continual learning process, so don't be afraid to fail a little along the way. We all do that. Wink

Keep up the good work. Very Happy

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!! I appreciate your feedback!!
RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanted to share a couple of other items for this costume.

I commissioned a wig from the Custom Wig Company of Louisville, KY to make a Bespin Leia wig for me. They did a tracing is my natural hairline and then created the wig to match. Below are some photos:

I am also doing an embroidered version of the cloak and have completed the first panel of the embroidery. I used information found in the CRL as well as posts here and on the Bun Sisters and Bespin Leia Embroidery groups for information on colors, pattern....etc. I ordered the material from Spoonflower. I have just over 100 hours time for the embroidery on the first panel

RebelKitty Dance Chewie
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking fantastic! I love that wig. It will be great to see how it fits.

Will you be keeping the same yoke for two capes, or doing them separately?

In planning and progress:
Summer Dreams Padmé, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden, Saché, TOR Jedi

ALMO | RLGS Web Team | She/Her
RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!! Yes I am very pleased with how the wig turned out as well. I even had them wrap the bun exactly like they did for Leia’s in ESB.

No, I plan on doing a different yoke for the embroidery cloak. Since I hand sewed the cloak material to it in the non-embroidery version, I plan on making another yoke for the embroidery one. It would be too much of a pain to try and switch them out. I can also incorporate any updates I need to do! The non-embroidery cloak was my trial run that I hope to submit for approval first as I’m still working on the embroidery cloak. Any suggestions to make it more accurate would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you! Very Happy
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, your wig looks amazing! Amadalia

And the embroidery looks really good! Very Happy

I don't think I have any comments on the yoke, beyond what I mentioned previously; stiffen it more (maybe change the shoulders slightly if that is not enough) and lengthen it in front. (I won't rule out also needing a tad more in the back, but I'm not sure about that).

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am very happy with the wig, but all credit goes to the Custom Wig Company for that! And thank you about the embroidery!! It’s really become a labor of love!

I am going to play around with the yoke some more about stiffening it and I will see what I can do!!

Thank you very much! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: