Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=080d9b8d7d235637f5f1d830b7e76fadMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ewok Village build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejackal327 (Jackie Elwer-Bernal)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Ewok Village build Reply with quote

Another day, another build thread. I'm in the process of putting together an Ewok Village costume, and this is my first foray into the world of lace front wigs. I obviously need to trim the lace part, but I was hoping for some feedback. I just read other post where the builder dipped her wig in hot water to get the waves to stick. I might give that a try now. I've also realized it's tough to photograph the top of my head without making a ridiculous face Laughing
https://imgur.com/85dAJ3q

Thank you!
RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning! Itís nice to meet a fellow Ewok village Leia builder. I Purchased my lace front wig from wig is fashion. And I am one of the ones who dipped the wig hot water. I sectioned off the hair and small sections and then I boiled some water. Do you want to have the water at the point where itís just starting to boil. You also want to make sure before you do this that you have a heat resistant lace front wig. When she dip it in hot water be sure not to ring the wig out just pad it with a towel and then hang it to dry. Once the wig is completely dry you can take out the braids and you should have the braid waves but you need to let the wig completely dry before you do this. That is how I was able to get the braid waves in my wig. I hope this information helps!
https://imgur.com/a/2r2BlBQ
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, RebelKitty. I tried hot , but not near-boiling water. Iíll try again and see if that works. My next thought is maybe taking the flat iron to the braids, but Iíll try the water first. Question: do you glue the lace to your forehead? If so, do you have a preferred brand?
RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing! Not a problem. Yes when I tried this out for the first time I did not have my water hot enough so I did it again with the water just at the point where it is starting to boil and it worked!

Personally, I donít use glue to secure my wigs. I use tupee or ďmenís grooming tapeĒ. Itís strong, double-sided sticky tape that you can secure your wig down. Your skin has to be clean and makeup free when you place the tape. You can find it on Amazon. I hope this helps! Very Happy
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelKitty wrote:

Personally, I donít use glue to secure my wigs. I use tupee or ďmenís grooming tapeĒ. Itís strong, double-sided sticky tape that you can secure your wig down. Your skin has to be clean and makeup free when you place the tape. You can find it on Amazon. I hope this helps! Very Happy

Super helpful. Thanks again!
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use glue you can try with spirit gum (also get the remover), prosac (strong hold like spirit gum) or for a gentler hold scotch glue. Smile The advantage to scotch glue is that it's mild, won't remove any of your own hairs and is easy to rinse out afterwards. The disadvantage is that it doesn't have a very strong hold, so it can only really be used for getting the lace to stay down, not actually holding the wig in place, so it depends on what your need is.
Both the wig tape and spirit gum will claim some of your hairs.

And I'm looking forward to seeing your process with this costume; it's a beautiful costume. Leia Buns

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: