Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3567cf6f2303e436728d963f174ff498Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ideas for OLD REPUBLIC JEDI - ARMORED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediChef ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Ideas for OLD REPUBLIC JEDI - ARMORED Reply with quote

Looking for options and the best route to get me from start to approval. I would like to get it from Imperial Surplus

Old Republic Jedi is my go to: although not much reference material out there.

any ideas are welcome. Looking all over the forums. Can’t seem to find much
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

It takes some digging to find some of the more obscure costume information. But here's my take on it - I'm currently creating this one myself.

I can't speak to Imperial Surplus, but have seen quite a few of them come through the application queues over the years. Personally I'm getting a 3D printer for this - for the cost of the armor set, you can buy a good 3D printer and do it yourself, if you're so inclined. It takes a little attention at startup, but I also figure that purchase can lead to so many other cool armors (Sith acolyte, Jedi forearm and chest, etc.) as well as non-Star Wars projects. Smile There are patterns out there for purchase and I've joined a FB group based off a pattern where people make and share the story of creating their armor(s).

As for the build itself, IS does have a good 'how to' doc on putting the armor together. - glue, straps, velcro, and so on. The boots and gloves are straightforward enough. Check out the costume standard here for your build reference, as this is what it's judged by:

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/the-old-republic-armored-jedi/

I made the short sleeved robe from regular brown cotton weave and inner bodysuit from thermal material. (The shirt it just a dummy bit I put on the mannequin, not color appropriate).

For the armor parts, all I can offer you here is a little inspiration. The armor is cheap enough in game, I've bought it from the cartel market and shared it among all my characters. It's fun to run all over Tython with this on from level 1 and see it in motion. The end result which it stellar.

And finally some of the promo materials I saved, released when the game first came out.

Hope it can at least get you started in your journey to becoming a knight!

Ghost Base
Legion Costume Judge
Former LMO
First Jedi General in the Legion
501st SL-9640
www.sabermasters.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: