Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6ee218691782042ca9e1684aea987a10Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ewok Village Leia WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Ewok Village Leia WIP Reply with quote

Hi everyone!! I am currently working on putting together an Ewok Village Leia for approval. I have commissioned the dress and received it this week. I just need to make a few alterations to the dress (I lost weight since I ordered it so it’s a bit big now. I also styled my own wig but doing braid waves. I braided the wig then dipped it in hot water and let everything dry. Once I took the braids out I had the braids. I used a headband, a couple of hair extensions and some thin cording to create the braids in front for this look.

https://imgur.com/a/2r2BlBQ

Also here is a photo of my shoes. I plan on using the flat dance sandals that a couple of approved Leia’s recommended to me. I am using laces that are cut from the same material as my dress:

https://imgur.com/a/D1ngdbp

Please let me know what you think. This is my first RL submission so I’m rather nervous!!! Confused
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello RebelKitty and welcome. Smile

What I can see looks good, so I hope the rest of the costume looks just as good.

When you apply, just remember to include well lit shots from all sides, head to toe, as well as up close shots of any hard to see details as needed. And make sure you use a single color background for taking your pictures.

You can always take a look at our reference gallery if you need to check up on something.
http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/princess-leia-organa-return-of-the-jedi-ewok-village-dress/

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I appreciate the photos and everything you said. I have a few adjustments to make to the dress and then hopefully I can submit my photos. I have a friend who has already been approved who is going to take my application photos. Smile

Thank you!!
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Smile Best of luck with it and don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.

RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate that. I have a dumb question: how do you get photos to show in your posts rather than just the link to the photo? Thank you!
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure how it works on Imgur, but there should be a possibility to get BBCode or a direct link or similar to embed it in the post. Smile

RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that but I can only post a link from Imagur. Is there another photo hosting site that is easier to use with the forum? Thank you!!
RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! I think I figured out how to post photos.

The dress is a bit big so I am having a friend help me take it in. Once we complete the alterations I would like to submit for approval. I appreciate any feedback! Thank you!

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. Smile

The dress sleeves look too long; looks like they touch your elbow where they should stop a bit above it.
I'd also recommend to style the forehead hair 'back' so it looks like it's part of the braids starting on top of the head.
Personally, I'd also slim down the bow to tie off the sandals. Maybe make it a snap or velcro closure instead? Just an idea.
And see if you can get the folded back part of the skirt to stay folded back to show the backside. Smile

You've got a solid costume there, so from what I can see it's mostly smaller adjustments.

RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your input!

Do you think the skirt itself is too long? I was comparing them to pictures but f Carrie and parts of her skirt looked shorter to me. Thoughts?
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, a bit hard to tell from your pictures.
Carrie's skirts does have varying lengths; the shortest is just above the right knee, the longest about mid shin.
Basically you have two skirt layers. If we start with the bottom layer, which goes all the way around, it goes like this: start just above the right knee and goes diagonally down under the left. Then curves up to the side of the left knee (but not above it), before slowing curving down around the back and right side. Then it continues down into a low point at mid shin in front of the right leg.
Top layer, which only covers the left side: Starts in front of left leg at mid shin with a point. Fabric is folded back to expose the backside of it. Then curves up rapidly in a very flat S shape to just above knee level at the side of the left knee. Then curves back down in a very flat S shape to mid shin at the back of the left leg. Fabric is again folded back to expose the backside of the hide.

If the above is confusing then I apologise, but I really can't write it any shorter. And, of course, there's a bit of volume in the skirt layers so you can move and it will create some natural folds. Smile

RebelKitty ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!! That is most helpful!! I have been trying to wrap my head around all the folds and such so thank you!
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Smile I spent a long time looking at those myself. XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: