Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e4ac6dfba19d0c30e994bcd85ff87606Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

No Facebook (or ...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not wrong. Though I have no problems using the forum on my phone.

And this is why my pipe dream of one webpage for all the groups that is map-based is just that. A dream. You're going to be in California over one weekend in May? Click California and boom, get the local events for those groups.

You're an event organizer and want to request our presence? One website. Boom.

It'll never happen, but a guy can dream.
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
MrTexas (Chris Hummel)
Legion PR Officer
Legion PR Officer

Medals: 10 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All events are to be posted on the forums.
If your base has their own forum they can be posted there instead of here, only a handful of bases do this.
Anyone posting events exclusively to Facebook is not following directions.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrTexas wrote:
If your base has their own forum they can be posted there instead of here, only a handful of bases do this.

Indeed. But it does happen. Not all events make it to the forum, and they are always posted to the forum after FB, so sometimes they are full by the time they make it here - especially for Rebels, though this has improved in my area lately - but that wasn't the point of the post. I was agreeing with the person above me that she is not wrong about it being easier to keep up with events on FB because of having to check multiple sites otherwise.

So, I was sharing my fantasy, is all. I wish there could be one site. One. For all clubs. Map based, world-wide. It'll never, ever happen, but it sure would be nice.

I went to Ireland last year. I tried to find out if there were any events where I was going to be while I was there. Not an easy task. One has to join multiple groups (if they can even find which groups to join), create memberships, navigate a new site, etc. A world-wide, map-based site (click on country, then city, etc, to find events there by date) is a pipe dream I have. That's all.
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woawww ... thanks for the many posts.
Thought i was the only one who struggles with those modern things.

Myself, i'm oldfashion/oldschool.

I, don't own an smartphone (don't want one) or tablet, just an PC.
Reasons ...

Such machine's is to expensive to me. And, i live from a living wage ( declared unfit to work, due chronic health issues/invalid). I have to pay enough each month: rent, gass, electric, insurance, water, taxes, internet, medication, doctors, ...

That's the main reason i step over to Linux Mint Cinnamon, it's free. But not easy at al, lucky where i bought the pc, he put programs on it for me.

I am not a tech-savvy <<< clumsy , dummies are smarter with those things like software/hardware things.

Rather, save some money for a flightsuit.
Than, for another supscription.

- - - - -

Covid-19, doesn't make it easier, i'm a risk patient.
I am not allowed to do any kind of troop of my doctors.
And since, the begin of it ... i only leave my house to grocery shopping, doctor & clinic.

- - - - -

I joined Rebel Legion, because this was the only thing i didn't want to do alone. I am since i got sick a lot alone, and do things lot alone, and be alone.

- - - - -

2019, thanks to some distros and organisers, i knew of possible troops. I ask permit, if it's okay to troop.

So, i hope to cross during those events someone of my base.

But to be honest, i don't have any connection with my base, like the first 8 years, when i was member and XO. Only to ask permit to troop.
Yub-Yub ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrTexas wrote:

Are you sure? Because I was put through the ringer after William Holmes, Rick Bouwhis, and James Garcia sided with the area captain in our base saying that he could post events exclusively on FB?!!! I was told that if I wanted to sign up via the boards I could PM (obviously I thought that was a bad idea). What the heck dude!!!!!

Editing to add that I was bullied and harassed for this exact issue.
Chris you were on the council. Did you know what was going on in the base? !!!

It was weird because I asked a question over this exact issue here on the boards , William said that legion business must be conducted on the boards and then in the Private FB group chat that I was included but not made aware of until I woke up and just happened to notice, he reversed his opinion by saying that events are not considered official legion business and that the area captain can conduct their business anyway that they prefer.

I'm sorry Chris this isn't aimed at you personally. Was this changed within the last 3 years? Even if it was changed this hurts so much considering what I went through in Rl and 501st and a good chunk of it was because of this stupid issue.

forgive me for seeming emotional guys. But if you guys only knew..... Mad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: