Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1b3c76650ed0a5632a7bb99228295df4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mon Mothma progress!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Original Trilogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ratin Fezar (Inma)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Mon Mothma progress! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Inma from Spain, again. I open a new topic to show the progress of the costume. Take the cloth to a tailor and this is how it is now. Pretty advanced but we don't want to finish off until you see it and tell me if we are on the right track.

I also show you the wig and shoes. I only need the "jewelry" but I have a question and leave it for later.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iYg8AGuQQMQOHetSfnbGxeVAoaKPuaAw?usp=sharing

Greets!

Inma
Unicornius ()
Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola Inma... Tiene buena pinta. A ver que te dicen los expertos.

Un besote y espero verlo pronto.

Member Apr-2018
Mistress of Templo del Valor for 18/19 - 19/20
BDDA, BW 18/19
BCO 19/20
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking very nice!!

The poncho and underdress look great, and the boots also work well. Smile

One suggestion for the wig- it looks like it might be useful to use wig spray to help it hold its style. Wig spray is similar to hairspray, but designed for synthetic fiber. Most wig stores, beauty supply stores and Amazon carry it. Smile

Let me know if you have questions about the jewelry. I can show you how I made mine if you get stuck.
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge), ANH General, Mirax Terrik, Lyra Erso
Ratin Fezar (Inma)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice! I really wanted to touch up the hairstyle and I didn't know how. I did not know the product. Thumbs up

I have thought about making the pieces of the necklace with FIMO and now I will test the material to see how I do it.

I have seen that you hold the shoulder pieces with magnets. I had initially thought of putting them fixed, sewn or glued. Can it be done? Have you tried it?

Inma
Ratin Fezar (Inma)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

¡Gracias! Un saludico.

Unicornius wrote:
Hola Inma... Tiene buena pinta. A ver que te dicen los expertos.

Un besote y espero verlo pronto.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratin Fezar wrote:
Thanks for the advice! I really wanted to touch up the hairstyle and I didn't know how. I did not know the product. Thumbs up

I have thought about making the pieces of the necklace with FIMO and now I will test the material to see how I do it.

I have seen that you hold the shoulder pieces with magnets. I had initially thought of putting them fixed, sewn or glued. Can it be done? Have you tried it?

Inma

I used sculpy- which is basically the same thing as fimo. Smile As far as the magnets- I use them so I can wash my poncho- very important because of the color. I also place the bottom magnet under the underdress so it helps hold in in the right spot under the poncho. Smile
Mon Mothma, OT Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge), ANH General, Mirax Terrik, Lyra Erso
Ratin Fezar (Inma)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

¡Ups! The washing [/quote] Surprised ...good reason. Thank you!

Inma

[quote="RebelLady"]
Ratin Fezar wrote:

Inma

I used sculpy- which is basically the same thing as fimo. Smile As far as the magnets- I use them so I can wash my poncho- very important because of the color. I also place the bottom magnet under the underdress so it helps hold in in the right spot under the poncho. Smile
Ratin Fezar (Inma)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: I'm here! Reply with quote

Hi all! It's finally done, my suit has been approved. The COVID-19 took me with the suit already sewn, the necklace made, only for lack of retouching the wig, but finally I was able to finish. I don't know when it will be released but at least I'm already one more. I wanted to thank you all for your help and advice! Very Happy

Inma

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eXSidyecl1RJapfoXgD2cUaiK9CW0bwO/view?usp=sharing
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: I'm here! Reply with quote

Ratin Fezar wrote:
Hi all! It's finally done, my suit has been approved. The COVID-19 took me with the suit already sewn, the necklace made, only for lack of retouching the wig, but finally I was able to finish. I don't know when it will be released but at least I'm already one more. I wanted to thank you all for your help and advice! Very Happy

Inma

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eXSidyecl1RJapfoXgD2cUaiK9CW0bwO/view?usp=sharing

Yay! Congratulations! Smile You are eligible to join the Galactic Strategic Command detachment, and we'd love to have you if you are interested. The sign up thread can be found at this link:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39480&start=435
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Original Trilogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: