Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2bccc15b6a2dd4dbf17c2e92c7836a24Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP - Ceremonial Leia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duchesse ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: WIP - Ceremonial Leia Reply with quote

Hello!

Some of you will know me from my Black Decoy Amidala WIP.
I finished all snails and now I need to make all "spikes".
As this costume takes time as hell because of that, I decided to make another costume for myself which will be faster finished.

I want to do events together with my fiancé (who is a 501st stormtrooper) and my Amidala will take a lot of time.

Well - I decided to do the ceremonial Leia.

By searching for the jewelry I found this kit on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-ANH-Princess-Leia-Ceremonial-Necklace-Bracelet-Deluxe-Replica-Kit-/302863057071

To all experts and judges out there - is it RL approved/good enough?
Or do you know a RL member who creates / sales or take comissions for it?

Thank you a lot Very Happy [/code]
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my eyes, it looks pretty good. As long as you can finish it with a nice metallic look. I'm not a judge myself, but that appears to be within the standards.

Good luck!

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

VeroLeia94 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: WIP - Ceremonial Leia Reply with quote

Duchesse wrote:
Hello!

Some of you will know me from my Black Decoy Amidala WIP.
I finished all snails and now I need to make all "spikes".
As this costume takes time as hell because of that, I decided to make another costume for myself which will be faster finished.

I want to do events together with my fiancé (who is a 501st stormtrooper) and my Amidala will take a lot of time.

Well - I decided to do the ceremonial Leia.

By searching for the jewelry I found this kit on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-ANH-Princess-Leia-Ceremonial-Necklace-Bracelet-Deluxe-Replica-Kit-/302863057071

To all experts and judges out there - is it RL approved/good enough?
Or do you know a RL member who creates / sales or take comissions for it?

Thank you a lot Very Happy [/code]

I'm not a judge but i think it's very good. Really Very Happy

Duchesse ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answers!
I ordered them and can't wait to see them in reality.
My fiancé will finish (paint, etc) them Very Happy .

I ordered the fabrics, some kanekalon hair extensions (for the braid/braids) and now I'm searching for the right belt for my ceremonial Leia.

I found this belt on Etsy and it seems very good as some comments say they were approved with this belt.

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/199704269/prinzessin-leia-gurtel-zeremonielle?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=leia+belt&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&col=1

Next step would be searching for the right shoes.

I would start sewing the dress in autumn or winter because now I've started going to the gym to do something good for my health.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your choices looks very nice. Smile

Some of the edges on the jewellery may need a bit of sanding before painting, but shape and size looks good to me.
The belt also looks like it should work; it would nice if it had a bit more curve in general, but as far as I'm aware this belt should go through without a problem.

Good luck on hunting for the shoes. Smile I have a pair of silver dress shoes with a wide, medium height heel and they are quite comfortable to wear. (As comfortable as heels can get, anyway).
It's a beautiful costume and I wish you the best of luck with it. Leia Buns

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: