Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e654be6addfcc4aed4a7a628d663b653Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question for this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaJoQuim ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Question for this year Reply with quote

Just a question. Being to the Corona Virus if we don't troop this year , will
we be put on non active at the end of this year? Ben
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be discussed by the new LAC, but I believe we will not have a formal census this year due to COVID. This would hurt many of our members who do not either as no opportunity to troop or did not feel safe to do so.

We are in extraordinary times and need to treat this as such.

tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also If we decide to start putting people on reserve, then we may have to cover those people's roles....some teams are already light due to COVID.

All round I don't feel its a very empathetic thing to do.

What we do really need is some guidelines for those who do troop to do so safely. We dont want to be seen as an organization that is irresponsible.
Thorn_Korrd ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how it is handled in other countries, but here in Germany the Government and the authorities in charge of public health and safety are issuing regulations about Covid and topics like gatherings, fairs and trade shows, sports events right down to private parties.

As far as I am concerned, the RL doesn't have to try to write something up about this as the situation is changing all the time and all countries have different procedures.

All the members have to do is to follow local rules and regulations and exercise good judgement.
Don't try to over-complicate things.

My recommendation is to let all members who have been on active status in 2019 remain on active status for 2020.
Those who wished to become active members in 2020 and couldn't due to Covid can try again in 2021.
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longshot7014 wrote:
This will be discussed by the new LAC, but I believe we will not have a formal census this year due to COVID. This would hurt many of our members who do not either as no opportunity to troop or did not feel safe to do so.

I agree with this stance.

In light of COVID, physical trooping is severely limited/not safe or legal to do. And not everyone has access to means or the comfort level to do virtual troops, if any are even available to them.

All active members should remain active for 2021. No 2020 census - well, you could do one for statistical purposes if desired, but no other reason. New members should also be made active until the end of 2021, when their first census would come due.
It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness... For every life we touch, it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means some day I'll win some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Master and Apprentice, Claudia Gray
jasnoksieznik (Michal)
Rebel Legion Translation Team

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my base, the only event that did not get cancelled was quite remote and considered risky, so the base has withdrawn its attendance, I went there to annoy 501st Smile. All events planned for autumn/winter already got cancelled.

It made me the only member to attend an event this year, from whole base.
I don"t want to be only hope! r2leia
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be interesting to have the census for statistical purposes, but that is up to LAC. Smile

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

naberrie ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorn_Korrd wrote:
Not sure how it is handled in other countries, but here in Germany the Government and the authorities in charge of public health and safety are issuing regulations about Covid and topics like gatherings, fairs and trade shows, sports events right down to private parties.

As far as I am concerned, the RL doesn't have to try to write something up about this as the situation is changing all the time and all countries have different procedures.

All the members have to do is to follow local rules and regulations and exercise good judgement.
Don't try to over-complicate things.

My recommendation is to let all members who have been on active status in 2019 remain on active status for 2020.
Those who wished to become active members in 2020 and couldn't due to Covid can try again in 2021.

I don’t feel that anyone was suggesting we write something complicated up officially or over complicate things. Just that globally, some sensible guidelines may help. If I remember right there might already be a different thread regarding that?

Not overly specific as obviously every country and area will have different regulations. But I think basic rules (such as maintaining distance as much as possible, and wearing a face covering for the mouth and nose at all times where safe distance isn’t possible with the public or each other) would be sensible. Just so we can stay responsible and help public health if trooping does resume regularly Smile As obviously we are a larger club with a reputation to keep, and want LFL and companies and charities we work with to feel comfortable and safe in knowing we are doing what we can.

I agree though, that I think keeping those who were active members in the last census on ‘active’ status. It seems the kindest and most sensible thing to do given the circumstances.
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
they/them/she/hers
Baris_Alrisul ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one thing I could see having value not just taking the results of the last census: if a member in reserve came back to active by doing a virtual troop. Such people would deserve the same opportunity to remain active as the folks who were active on the last census. On the other hand, if we take no census, and just say no ones status changes unless they ask to be retired or put on reserve, that would work as well.

Alpha Base BMO
DL of Eadu Delegation
Pride Squadron Mod

Leia (Senatorial, Ceremonial, ESB, and Marvel Jedi)
Resistance X-wing Pilot (Human/Pantoran TFA and Briefing Room)
Jedi (Human/Pantoran)
Depa Billaba
Amilyn Holdo
Jawa
Stellar Corona ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I feel a census should still occur to make sure member information is up to date, but the event section should be optional, and active status not dependent on the event section. Ultimately base command is supposed to be reviewing all census results and should be able to assign members as active for 2020 even if they were unable to troop. Likewise, base command will know better than legion command if a member wasn't planning to troop this year regardless and would prefer to be placed on reserve or even if they've sold all their costumes and would like to fully retire.
Uncle Porkins (Donald Wicks)
Assistant Captain of the Guard
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Medals: 7 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to hearing the answer to this when you guys come up with one.. This has been weighing a lot on my mind as well...

Thanks for all you do.

longshot7014 wrote:

Endor BCO - 2015-2019
Endor BPRO - 2014-2015

�Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.�
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The charter requires us to have an annual census. It would be as simple as adding a selection that a member did not troop due to covid-19 and would remain active.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"

Last edited by Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis) on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Unicornius (Clara Martinez)
Spanish Base CO
Spanish Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Spain, since March there have been no face-to-face events, except for a few. We are trying to get virtual missions out, but they won't be enough for all members.
It is logical that this year, it is a different census. You have to adapt to the circumstances.

MT 18/19 - 19/20
BDDA, BW 18/19
BCO 19/20 - 20/21
ATM 20/21
docperci (Percival T. Ramos, Jr.)
Bagong Pag-Asa Base CO
Bagong Pag-Asa Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting thread. Will be following the discussions closely.

Commanding Officer, Bagong Pag-Asa Base (2020-2021)
Temple Master, Temple of the Orient Seas (2018-2020)
Co-founder, KJO Temple of the Orient Seas (2018)
Schraeds (Matt Schraeder)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
The charter requires us to have an annual census. It would be as simple as adding a selection that a member did not troop due to covid-19 and would remain active.

This is what the 501st is doing for their census. I agree that it is a pretty simple solution.
TB/TK/ID-99920, Jedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: