Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ca7ef17aac83b90a0caf336cb2fef3a0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My leather belt pouches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToddFerrante ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: My leather belt pouches Reply with quote

I couldn't see paying for Jedi pouches when I could make them myself. I looked around for patterns, but didn't find anything I loved. I did really like the ones made by the Galactic Outfitter, so I decided to see if I could make something similar. This is what I came up with.

I've considered CADing up the patterns I worked out, but the patterns won't do you any good unless you have a sewing machine that can sew leather. If not, I'd recommend buying from them, because hand stitching these would be crazy. Are the patterns something anyone would be interested in?

Also, I'm selling my first prototype of the tall pouch. Pretty good deal if you don't mind the ribs going up to the left. I'm a stickler, so I made a second one with the ribs going the screen accurate direction.
ToddFerrante ()

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a pdf full scale pattern of the large pouch. How does one go about adding a pdf file to the forum? I could host it on my google drive for a while, but eventually it would go away and the link would break.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p0jPZurjTWSvv28HECoy7ZR_5c1G2i18
ToddFerrante ()

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small pouch pattern.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XXsjRNlcMjns-5q2yThOjL6ihwmv2Ejy
SithLantern (Shawn Todd)
Legion Charity Liaison
Legion Charity Liaison

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My leather belt pouches Reply with quote

ToddFerrante wrote:

I've considered CADing up the patterns I worked out, but the patterns won't do you any good unless you have a sewing machine that can sew leather. If not, I'd recommend buying from them, because hand stitching these would be crazy. Are the patterns something anyone would be interested in?

The patterns could work for those who want to use thicker leather and also without a sewing machine.
There's hand sewing tools that someone could use to pre punch the holes and and do the sewing.

Also the ribbing on the pouch could be done with soaking the leather prior and using a spudger to work in lines into the leather to create the ribbing. (If someone wanted to use a bit thicker leather.

Not to take anything away from your work. These look great!
Just adding a little more options.
Great job on the patterns!
Purpleblade23 ()

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those turned out great!! Not many options out there for decent looking pouches for a good price. I also ended up making my own.

It took a couple trys but I got it. And functional, great for holding extra batteries for my lightsaber.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: