Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e3cbf00581fb69a73bff0895b14c3eb7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Librarian/Archivist/Historian: super early WIP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abqmichelle ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Jedi Librarian/Archivist/Historian: super early WIP Reply with quote

Hello! I'm about to embark on a Jedi Librarian/Archivist/Historian, of the un-named variety. I'm told a WIP thread is useful, so here I go.

My basic idea is a white Inner Tunic, Mustard sleeveless Outer Tunic, gray pants, charcoal obi and tabards, with a lighter mustard design (design specifics TBD). A dark muted blue cloak. Brown boots and belt.

Here's my super amazing drawing for the basic idea.
[img]http://imgur.com/a/pOFnV34[/img]

I'm excited to finally join the light side, I've been an Imperial for too long. ;-)

Take 2 on the picture:
https://imgur.com/a/pOFnV34

[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/pOFnV34?s[/img]

Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Jedi Librarian/Archivist/Historian: super early WIP Reply with quote

abqmichelle wrote:
Hello! I'm about to embark on a Jedi Librarian/Archivist/Historian, of the un-named variety. I'm told a WIP thread is useful, so here I go.

My basic idea is a white Inner Tunic, Mustard sleeveless Outer Tunic, gray pants, charcoal obi and tabards, with a lighter mustard design (design specifics TBD). A dark muted blue cloak. Brown boots and belt.

Here's my super amazing drawing for the basic idea.
[img]http://imgur.com/a/pOFnV34[/img]

I'm excited to finally join the light side, I've been an Imperial for too long. ;-)

Take 2 on the picture:
https://imgur.com/a/pOFnV34

[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/pOFnV34?s[/img]

Hey abqmichelle,

welcome to the lightside of the force. that's an interesting design and the colour scheme is fairly unique.

just as friendly reminder you can find the costume standard HERE!

There's heaps of resources here on the forum and we're all here to help. (though that wouldn't be anything new to you seeing as your a 501st member as well).

"you have taken your first steps into a larger world." - Obi Wan Kenobi.

Do or Do not, this is no try. - Yoda
abqmichelle ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Do I just put updates here? Reply with quote

Dunno if anyone will see any of this? I'm curious about the fabric my costume-maker found... I love it, but is it ok? The Outer Tunic fabric, the mustard. It looks like fleece here, but it's not, it's a nicer heavier fabric. The exact kind is unknown, as she found it on clearance.

The white is for the Inner Tunic, it's a knit.

Edit: I'm trying with the image, sorry. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

Last edited by abqmichelle () on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:33 am; edited 12 times in total
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Do I just put updates here? Reply with quote

abqmichelle wrote:
Dunno if anyone will see any of this? I'm curious about the fabric my costume-maker found... I love it, but is it ok? The Outer Tunic fabric, the mustard. It looks like fleece here, but it's not, it's a nicer heavier fabric. The exact kind is unknown, as she found it on clearance.

I would defer to a legion costume judge

abqmichelle ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Do I just put updates here? Reply with quote

Ixam Let'si wrote:
abqmichelle wrote:

Thank you! I don't actually know how to do that, but I'll find out!
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Do I just put updates here? Reply with quote

abqmichelle wrote:
Ixam Let'si wrote:

They're the moderators. You just need to wait for a response.

abqmichelle ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Do I just put updates here? Reply with quote

Ixam Let'si wrote:
abqmichelle wrote:
Ixam Let'si wrote:

They're the moderators. You just need to wait for a response.

Ah, gotcha. Thank you!
abqmichelle ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:51 pm    Post subject: Boots! Reply with quote

I also got my boots in. In case the heels look high, as I was worried they might be, they measure 1.5" at the highest, yay!

Last edited by abqmichelle () on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total
abqmichelle ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject: Cloak and tabards/obi fabric Reply with quote

While I'm at it, here's the fabric for the cloak (left) and tabards/obi (right).

[img] https://imgur.com/gallery/9TgFO1C?s[/img]

Edit: seriously cannot figure out the images. I think at least there's a link to see them.

[img] http://imgur.com/gallery/9TgFO1C [/img]

Last edited by abqmichelle () on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:31 am; edited 4 times in total
jasnoksieznik (Michal)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know how to operate photoshop: there is a template for jedi clothing somewhere in the jedi forums, that allows you to switch colors of the main components without need of drawing anything. It may help you visualize what you're up to.

The cloak fabric looks too much of denim/jeans for my taste, but I'm in this forum for two days now, so others may know better.

For the boots, the rules are "no visible zip". You need a plan on covering the zip with something from star wars canon.

The choice of the fabric depends on your location/climate. I just learned the hard way, that loose IT+OT+tabards are much warmer than my T-shirt+hoodie I wear indoors, in central Europe. And that's before I put on a robe!
abqmichelle ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasnoksieznik wrote:
If you know how to operate photoshop: there is a template for jedi clothing somewhere in the jedi forums, that allows you to switch colors of the main components without need of drawing anything. It may help you visualize what you're up to.

The cloak fabric looks too much of denim/jeans for my taste, but I'm in this forum for two days now, so others may know better.

For the boots, the rules are "no visible zip". You need a plan on covering the zip with something from star wars canon.

The choice of the fabric depends on your location/climate. I just learned the hard way, that loose IT+OT+tabards are much warmer than my T-shirt+hoodie I wear indoors, in central Europe. And that's before I put on a robe!

Thanks for the feedback! I don't have access to Photoshop, so I'm just going with what's in my head and reference pics.

Interesting thought about the cloak fabric looking like denim. The weave and weight are hopefully distinct enough, but I will see what the judges say.

Where do you see "no visible zip" for the boots? This is what the CRL for a Jedi Librarian says:
Quote:
b. No visible laces or outside zippers. When necessary, inside zippers are permitted.
c. Straps & shin-spats are allowed but not required (though can be used to cover laces and zippers).
d. Buckles are permitted, but should complement the boot and not detract from the overall look of the Jedi costume.

Thanks again!
jasnoksieznik (Michal)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abqmichelle wrote:

Interesting thought about the cloak fabric looking like denim. The weave and weight are hopefully distinct enough, but I will see what the judges say.

I personally like the idea of bringing some colors, I guess there is some is even "coding" for jedi roles - sage/healer/guardian may have their typical colors/symbols. This might be from EU or some video game. Thus, there are signs, that too much not-earthen tones may cause trouble: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108937

abqmichelle wrote:

Where do you see "no visible zip" for the boots? This is what the CRL for a Jedi Librarian says:
Quote:
b. No visible laces or outside zippers. When necessary, inside zippers are permitted.

I see what happened here. I'm not native English speaking, so for me "outside zippers NO, inside zippers OK" means that there should be no zipper on the visible leather side (outside), while there can be one on the lining side (inside) or under a leather strap.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the orange fabric you're asking about?

I'd like to see it in natural light (out of shadow) to say for sure.

If you'd like the images to show you need to link to the jpg directly like I did here, if using a computer you can often right click on the image and select "Copy image address" or something like unto it. Then they will show with the images tags on right.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
abqmichelle ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:

If you'd like the images to show you need to link to the jpg directly like I did here, if using a computer you can often right click on the image and select "Copy image address" or something like unto it. Then they will show with the images tags on right.

Ok, I'll ask my seamstress for another pic, thanks!

Lemme try again with this image, thanks for that tip:

Edit: Thank you, IonicDesign! I finally got the hang of the images.

Last edited by abqmichelle () on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:03 am; edited 2 times in total
abqmichelle ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Outer tunic, take 2 Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:

Ok, here it is in sun with a little shade for contrast. This is for a sleeveless outer tunic that will be just long enough to cover my bottom.
[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: