Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6e706f0274955ce360944ed38ab72c89Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[new] - Peli Motto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: [new] - Peli Motto Reply with quote

Standard Name: Peli Motto
Primary Detachment: Docking Bay 94
Submission Date: (Date standard is submitted to the LMO team
Existing Standard URL: Not Applicable

Front Image
URL:
Source:

Back / Second View Image
URL:
Source:

Character Description
Peli Motto was a human female who managed Bay three-five at the spaceport of Mos Eisley on the planet Tatooine

(Source: Wookieepedia - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Peli_Motto)

Required Items

Jumpsuit
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Gloves
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Undershirt
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Belt
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Boots
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Hair and Make-Up
Item Image URL:
Source:

Required Details
- One
- Two

Optional Details
- None

Costume Resources
Reference Photo Gallery -
Character Page –
mbotastic ()
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I've started to work on this. I just can't say no to a pair of dirty Star Wars coveralls with a bunch of excessive details. There's not a lot to go off of but Here's what I've got so far:

Main fabric for the coveralls: I'm going with a cotton duck cloth. I'm willing to bet its actually a synthetic. A nylon likely. But like with my Resistance Technician coveralls I want to go with a natural fiber for comfort and ease of working with. Plus with the right weathering you can get the it too look synthetic. I got a bunch of samples of fabrics. So many! And settled on this to start (especially since its on sale!) https://www.bigduckcanvas.com/12oz-heavyweight-cotton-duck-brown-factory-seconds/

For the cuff/collar and shoulder detail: I searched and searched and think I found just the thing! Its actually the same textile that is used on the collar of Lando's cape in Solo! Its sold out in copper but the person at Mood said it would likely be reordered. In the mean time I ordered it in black to see how it looks painted. Either way I think its a ribbed quilted faux leather/vinyl textile.

For the shiny part of the sleeves: I think its leather and the same material as her quilted knee/thigh pads. But it cold also be oil cloth or a faux leather. I've got some samples coming!

Gloves: I've looked at dozens of gloves. There are so many that have knuckle guards. But wanted to find just the right fit. I don't think ones exist that won't need some level of modification. So far these tick most the boxes for me in terms of shape, details and closures (would need dying and such of course). https://www.safetygloves-direct.co.uk/products/knuckle-protection-coyote-safety-work-gloves

Boots: so far I'm leaning toward the boots being modified Dr. Marten work boots. The sole on those just match the most. But those are so expensive that I'm just looking around for an affordable option that are pull on with a nice chunky sole. I think the boot guards can be made easily enough with some high density foam.

I haven't had a chance to do much research on the belt or greeblies yet (that one greeblie on her chest looks like an old fashioned TV. I love it).
mbotastic ()
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh! Her chest greeblie is totally a repainted version of Endor Leia's wrist communicator! I think there's one on a version of Han's jacket too?

Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great stuff!
mbotastic ()
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I made my Resistance Tech coveralls I used a cotton canvas from Organic Cotton Plus. I just loved working with it. It also is so tightly woven that it, when weathered, has a sheen to it that can look like a synthetic. Just the other day I noticed while looking for something else that they got back in stock a color that could work for Peli. So I got a swatch and I do think its just great. So I may go with this since I'm familiar with working with it. Its the color Camel
https://organiccottonplus.com/products/duck-60-warm-colors#caramel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: