Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fa9f06bf9f6ccd7978643ba649fd60ceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi sabers for approval?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
virtualonmars ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Jedi sabers for approval? Reply with quote

Hi! Do you think these 2 sabers will be ok for a generic Jedi to wield?

This one is the black wraps with red skin (refer to the left)
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0466/0421/products/IMG_20200408_201530-01_900x.jpg?v=1586352973

And this one is with red wraps and black skin
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0466/0421/products/image_10b2b121-c551-4d75-9d96-e3e18bdd076b_900x.jpg?v=1552171979
jasnoksieznik (Michal)
Rebel Legion Translation Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two different issues:
- Is it approvable?
I do not know, I'm not a judge. I personally doubt it. It may be not approved, as I think it will not match your costume. This brings up the second issue:
- Is it ok?
My opinion - no, as it looks like a sith weapon. Red and black are sith colors. It is ok to use earth tones of red for some parts, but this one is darn bright.
The saber should align with the costume. I'm not an artist or designer, but I have difficulties imagining a jedi costume that would be complemented with black-red saber hilt. If your costume uses similar colors as what you think for the saber, then it may be more sith than jedi costume.
Also, what color will the blade have in your default setup? does it match black-red hilt?

Obviously, you can ignore the above, if you can point a reference to a similar setup.
Stellar Corona ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a jedi judge, but the CRLs do state that combinations of red and black aren't permitted for tunics. It's likely that would extend to saber wraps.

Sabine Wren S2 & Epilogue
Torra Doza
Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi
virtualonmars ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clarifications, changing to plan B!
ionicdesign (Michael)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as others have noted, no red with black. It is a lovely design, just not very jedi in those hues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: