About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e6fe7b5758c323e21b59a4f557be5fcaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Free Comic Book Day - Sat May 3rd, Krypton Comics Omaha, NE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can send it down this weekend. I don't need it until after FCBD, so I'll try to remember to get it off to you. PM me with your address.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
sandtrooperscout (Mark Tomasello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent, Ed.

I've got a tentative RL head count of 4. Rob, how's Phil coming along?

Something's in the works that may require a cap and a head count. Since we're the smaller group, I dont think it'll impact the RL much, but I want to make sure.

dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get the tables over to you soon. Both will need some sort of cover as Dawn uses them for her Candle stuff and they have some "opps spots" on them.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem.

wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping I can have Phil ready by this, but if not, he can borrow the parts of my costume he might still need. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banner arrived safe and sound, Ed. Thanks.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Dinner with Jeremy Bulloch Reply with quote

The Central Garrison and Imperial 80th Squad along with the Rebel Legion will be hosting a dinner on Friday, May 2nd for Jeremy Bulloch and his wife. They will be in town for Free Comic Book Day and Dean, from Krypton Comics, has given us permission to take the Bulloch's out for an evening.

For this event there will be some costs involved. We have selected a restaurant (to be announced later) and the cost of dinner, per plate, can range from $15 to $36. There will be different selections (to be determined later), but the average cost will be $20 per plate.

On top of the "per plate" cost and depending on attendance there will be a $5 - $10 charge per person to pay for Mr. and Mrs. Bulloch. The more attendees we have the less this charge will be.

We have decided that this will be an adults only event. Each attendee will be permitted one guest. A lot of other garrisons restrict these dinners to "Legion Members Only!", but it's our feeling that it will be a more relaxed atmosphere for Jeremy and his wife if they're out with other couples. Besides, Jeremy will be bombarded with kids all day Saturday, so we thought it would be nice if he could have a quiet, kids free dinner the night before. A dress code will be determined at a later date.

As stated above, this will be joint Legions (501st and Rebel Legion). Jeremy is also an Honorary Member of the Rebel Legion, so room will be made for them as well. Attendance from the Rebel Legion is not anticipated to be any more than five or six members attending, and most of those are crossover 501st/RL members.

We have a tentative time of 6:00PM for the start of the dinner. Also any dinner selections (we may have to come up with 3 or 4 choices) will be made via majority vote.

The seating arrangements will be determined by me and John Jaeckel (TB-750).

This is an RSVP event. We need an accurate head count. Anyone who does not RSVP will not be allowed to participate.

Oh, and please, please, please, if you have questions, concerns, anything about this event please come to John (TB750) and/or myself. However, if your question is something that's gonna be answered eventually (ie. Where are we going?, How much is it gonna cost?, etc...) we probably won't respond because it takes too much time to respond individually to each person when you're all gonna find out the same information eventually.

http://www.centralgarrison.org/viewtopic.php?t=1907

The registration thread above is to find out how many troopers will be attending. Please select the proper category. The first category is Trooper +1. This is where you should register if you are planning on bringing a guest (spouse, significant other, friend, etc...). The second category is Trooper +0. This is where troopers who plan on attending alone should register. Registration for the event will have a cut-off date (TBD). When it is determined we will make it known.

NOTE:
We will do our best to accomodate everyone who wants to attend, but in the event that we have to place a "cap" on attendance it has been decided that the order of selection will be Krypton FCBD attendee's first (it's by their graces we're having the event), Imperial 80th members second, Central Garrison & Base and 501st/RL Legion at large will fill in the rest.

Something to keep in mind....while it seems most of the "action" regarding this event is happening on the Central Garrison boards, John J (TB750) and I have both agreed that while this is a joint event, it's a RL event that the 501st was invited to. Cool

Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool Mark! Nice Job!!! I should be in Ed's area by than so I won't be making it. Sad

How many RL coloring books do want for the FCBD? I have about 100 total right now but should be able to get more if you want them. I also have 10 boxes of crayons left from a past event to give out. We can split these up in little zip lock bags to make them go farther if you'd like.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some crayons too from the OFF/501st Childrens Hosp visit how many years ago. Still I think with both Legions there, it be great if we can have all we can manage. So whatever you've got, we can use. The coloring books will go fast, believe me. The more the merrier....and it's not like we wont be able to use the extras; but I know they wont last the day. Wink

Also dont let us forget I need to get those tables from you. No rush, just before you leave.

Tres (Craig Bush)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there both days. I'll be in Jedi garb on Saturday.

"The way I see it, we're all on the Hindenberg. Why fight over the window seats?"- the late great Richard Jeni
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Craig!

And let me take this moment to express my gratitude to my fellow Rebels for trusting me with this event, and for not having personal agendas or egos that need to be addressed now that a SW celebrity is involved. We're running into that wall now over in that other Legion and very depressing. It makes me realize once again how much better off we are.

Tres (Craig Bush)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I shouldn't try to corner Mr. Bulloch to run ideas about a Boba Fett fan film by him? Shouldn't make him a custom figure of himself? Razz

"The way I see it, we're all on the Hindenberg. Why fight over the window seats?"- the late great Richard Jeni
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on setting up at 9 am. Krypton is open from 10 am until 8 pm and Jeremy Bulloch will be signing autographs from 10 am until 6 pm. Krypton will be providing a changing area and lunch of either pizza or a "big" sandwich.

We'll have a table right next to a table for the 501st with banners around both. We'll set up a "photo area" between the two tables.

It looks like it'll be a great event!

Ed, Mark brought the banner over to me for the event and then I'll send it back to you! Ben
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wampameat wrote:

Ed, Mark brought the banner over to me for the event and then I'll send it back to you! Ben

Awesome, Me and Jeff were talking tonight, and he said he needs it the weekend after CONvergence, so I'll send it right back to you guys for that.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard you guys had a blast! Any coloring books left? I forgot to get you bumber stickers and tatoo's! I have a ton of them just sitting here waiting to be used. I also heard Phil has cought the costuming bug... Soon we be growing in RFT numbers I feel... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: