Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2844e560a107f524a82bdb0f2f6d56f8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SYD - OzCC 2019 - Troop Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sair (Sarah Steele)
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: SYD - OzCC 2019 - Troop Report Reply with quote

Written by Andy Price - member and SCG CO. Copied from SCG forum with permission.

SCG Troop Report: SYD - OzCC 2019

Location: Superdome, Homebush, Booth C03, Nest to Stage 3, Find the TIE fighter and turn right

Weather: Why isn't the air con always the same? seems to go from hot to cold but never just right

Date/ Time: 28-29 September 2019
9-6 Saturday,
9-6 Sunday (Sunday we had a weather cross at 737am so some of us were in kit a lot longer)

SCG Troopers:
Name - Forum name - TKID#
Andy Price
paul Anderson
Lindsey Deanshaw
Robert frosh
jason Kurzydlo
Mitchell Everingham
Sue Fitzpatrick
Andrew crick
Shaun Boer
Jade Pemberton
Deb Chick
Jeff Green
Daniel Boys
James O'Brien
Britney Rowley
Michael Gregson
Michael Jack
Aaron Lane
Andrew McMartin
Lisa Christian
Steve marsh
Jade Walsh
Kurk Watson
Robert Frosh
Stephanie Currie
Jessica Billingsby
Asha Keinonen
Adam Skidmore
Aston Martin
Rin Green
Tim Minter

Wranglers:
Darius
charlie Spectre
katy chapman
Linc Green
John Elliot
David Jarvis
Brigette Green
James Matthews
Kristen Lavender

Mandos:
danny Yates
cameron smith

Rebels:
Paul Quinton
Tim O'Mahony
Frank
Chantel Baker
Will Bond
Sez Hillier
Shanti Rowlison

Galactic Academy:
Freya
Daniel
Shan

anyone else i have missed please let me know, this was based off the ticket purhcases

Mission Report:

TL;DR - we came we saw we CONquered ....

Friday afternoon i got to the venue, found the Tie Fighter and our booth and was immediately worried about the change space... OzCC we don't pay for the space. We actually apply to attend as a club and then hopefully get given a space and then we can buy additional passes for everyone to attend. Despite provide examples of past years, photos from Nova as well as specific requests from OzCC we got the space we had. In the end it wasn't a huge issue as we found alternate change space Wink

With a small team on site and offsite support we got the area setup and ready to go for Saturday; thanks to the bump in crew. woot woot.

Next thing I know, its 9am Saturday and the public were arriving and we were doing laps to the front handing over passes; eventually Security asked me how many more we had and they just started telling people to go through; why couldn't it be this simple all along! we had people in kit from the opening until close which was awesome
Throughout the day we had a constant stream of people visiting the booth getting pics with Chewbacca, Tammy Lee the Taun Taun as well as the rest of out amazing costumed characters.

We stopped at 11am to sneak over to the TIE Fighter and snag an epic group photo! Disney loved it but when they were suddenly confronted by us all (despite giving us permission) I think they got overwhelmed.

Six o'clock came by and we headed off for Dinner at Thai! thanks for Brigetter for organising, Deb for suggesting a speech be made, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY and we headed off in various directions...

We had been asked by OzCC marketing if we could help with a live weather cross; of course it was stupid o' clock early but we had four troopers make it in kit for 737am as well as a small cast of supporters to assist us; OzCC loved it as did Channel 9! Thanks to those that made it so early....

once again 9 o'clock hit us and we had people in kit for most of the day with all the out of towners heading off during the day! We managed once again to get a wicked group photo, this time with Tammy Lee at 10am taken by the OzCC staff who were so thankful we could do the photo early....

to be continued.....

Mission Status:
Success, I think everyone had a great time and so far everyone I asked had fun....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: