Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=02ae32d2c73e990136d0487dfe870241Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jaden Korr - Twi'lek version WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
JediDWH wrote:
I understand you get the final call on this one, however I'd like to point out as someone who was involved in the discussion around that charter provision that it was not intended to be used in this way. It was specifically referring to costumes you can edit- you cannot change the color, look, or combination of any of Jaden's outfits, and the outfits are identical no matter what species you put them on.

Just a matter of difference in perspective, but my opinion is unchanged.

This honestly throws all customizable video game leads into question- Revan has three different starting outfits you can choose from and like 12 different heads each between two genders. And most people don't even use the starting outfit, they go with the KOTOR-style Jedi robes you pick up later, or the Star Forge robes. If you could edit colors and choose more granularly than "torso" and "legs" then maybe, but there's a fixed number of combinations and you can't really deviate from what the game designers intended.

I mean I guess there is some art floating around somewhere from the canceled Jaden book where you can be human male dude Jaden, but that feels quite a lot more limiting than the Legion has traditionally been with video game leads.

That was certainly how it was ruled the last time we looked at KOTOR game costumes. No edits, but as long as you went with standard sets, then it was fine.
As I see it having multiple sets to choose from is no different than a comic or movie character doing a costume change. The issue is not what species or gender the character is, not in this game, but whether there's standard sets to be worn.
With access to the game it shouldn't be too hard making a full list of possible costumes and species along with with colors can be used for the twi'lek. It's an exhaustive list, after all.

From what I've read the costume itself cannot be edited, so I don't believe it falls under the 'edit' rule in the charter. It just has some variations like other costumes do.

Awesome, I'm going for it! Very Happy
Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's my second draft of the standards. I used the Aayla Secura standards as a guide, since she's the most similar Twi'lek Jedi. (commentary/notes in blue)

Twi'lek Jaden Korr (Red And Gold Outfit) Draft #2

1. Skin

- Skin color may be teal/blue, yellow, red, light purple, white, or natural human skin tones.
(note: the original game has peach as a skin option, which looks like caucasian skin, so "human skin tones" seemed like a logical extension.

[/url]

2. Lekku

- Lekku should be around mid back to waist length.
- Lekku have four metallic gold cuffs with a raised pattern.
- Lekku color must match skin color.
- Lekku must have eight geometric tattoos matching references.

(edited to make tattoos required.)

[/url]

3. Headgear

- A simple black leather or leather like headgear that wraps around the base of the lekku and crosses over the top of the forehead.

(Possible option?: headgear may be modified to cover the seam between the lekku and the face as long as it keeps the same general shape as the reference.)

4. Ear Caps

- Ear caps matching body color must be positioned straight over the costumer’s own ear to be level with eyes and nose.

5. Shirt

- Gray, close fitting cropped shirt.
- Sleeves do not extend past the bottom edge of the cape.
- Gold trim piece with a raised design should be made of the same material as on the cape and loincloth.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/qiuBbUz.jpg?1[/img]

6. Shoulder Cape

- Brick red/reddish brown leather, leather like, or suede material with metallic gold trim.
- Gold trim has a raised design and should match references.
- Cape has top stitched seams at center back and top of the shoulders.
- Cape closes in front with a gold clasp.
- Cape length sits above the point of the bust.
- Collar has a hidden opening (not center front) and has gold detail on center front.

7. Leggings

- Black leggings with gold and black twisted cord trim along the outside seam.
- Leggings lace up the sides with grommets on each hip.
- Knees are padded, with piping around the edge of the padded area.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/eZsOpNM.jpg?1[/img]

8. Belt/Loincloth

- Metallic gold detailing should be raised.
- Front flap is largely gold backed with the same brick red/reddish brown material as the cape.
- Back flap is mostly brick red/reddish brown with raised gold detailing at waist.
- Closures should be hidden.
- Loincloth reaches approximately to the fingertips with hands held at the sides.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/H2SLpFV.jpg?1[/img]

9. Boots/Boot Tops

- Boots/shoes are short ankle length black leather or leather like boots with silver tipped toes.
- Flat or low heeled. Boots/shoes must be tall enough to prevent gaps at the ankle.

- Boot Tops are black leather or leather like material with metallic gold details at top edge and down the center front.
- Boot tops have black lacing from center front that crosses in back. Ends of laces must be hidden.
- Boot tops must match references.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8TX5rBb.jpg?1[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZhaSgUE.jpg?1[/img]

10. Gloves

- Gloves are the same brick red/reddish brown leather, leather like, or suede material as the cape and loincloth.
- Gloves have raised metallic gold detailing on back of hand and gold trim at cuff.

11. Lightsaber

- At least one lightsaber hilt is required, may be a static prop or have lights/sound.
- No toy sabers.
- Single, double bladed, or dual sabers are allowed.
- All blade colors except red, black, or pink are allowed.

Optional:

1. Saber blade.
2. A second saber or a dual bladed saber is optional.
3. If used, lightsaber clips should be unobtrusive and ideally blend into the belt. A raised clip such as a covertec clip is not suggested.
4. Gold lipstick and/or dark eyeshadow.

Last edited by Jabari () on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read this in detail, but the lekku tattoos should definitely be required. Smile If other twi'lek have spots or similar on their lekku that is always required for them.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
I didn't read this in detail, but the lekku tattoos should definitely be required. Smile If other twi'lek have spots or similar on their lekku that is always required for them.

Good to know, I'll change that to required. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: