About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c87d7e1d7521aab73a221c12c65105c5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Green X-Wing pilot uniform
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> EU Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
empatojayos ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Green X-Wing pilot uniform Reply with quote

Hello there,

I'm new in all this, so I don't have much sources. I hope you can help me. Rolling Eyes

I am planning to make an X-wing pilot, who's wearing a green uniform instead of an orange one. Where can I get one with the white jacket as cheap as possible, but still movie accurate?

I'm living in the Netherlands, so it wouldn't be bad if I could get it from a dealer in or near my country....

Thanks! Mr. Green

Geert/Empatojayos Brand
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Green X-Wing pilot uniform Reply with quote

empatojayos wrote:
Hello there,

I'm new in all this, so I don't have much sources. I hope you can help me. Rolling Eyes

I am planning to make an X-wing pilot, who's wearing a green uniform instead of an orange one. Where can I get one with the white jacket as cheap as possible, but still movie accurate?

I'm living in the Netherlands, so it wouldn't be bad if I could get it from a dealer in or near my country....

Thanks! Mr. Green

Geert/Empatojayos Brand

for flak vests, I would contact GreyJedi, if she doesnt have a waiting list. hers are very nice looking from the pictures she has. and resonably priced.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I do have a waiting list of about 30 people. I don't expect to be done until June/July 2008.

I'm a glutton for punishment. Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then... lol I dunno what to tell you. I dont make them anymore lol, and admire those who spend the time doing so hehe.

I used Echo Base's tutorials for making my own...

it took about 8 hours of work...
BurntTheMacaroni (Ashley Byram)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend and I have considered making flak vests. I'll talk to her again about it and see if one of us is up for it(at the moment im booked solid until.. march)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Novahawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's favorite purveyor of eBay "close but no cigar" Star Wars costuming has X-wing suits with flak vests.

And not to be nitpicky but by definition, making the suit green would cease to cause it to be screen accurate.

- Lao-Jon Yung, Jedi Knight
- Lt Jak "Novahawk" Hunter, X-wing pilot and A-wing pilot Warhawk Squadron
- Sgt Zev Youngblood, Rebel Commando
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh. not to be dense, but would that be CB? I'm just curious as if there is another that is of better quality, I may look into it.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A green flight suit is something that will have to be custom made by some one, too, since it's not a normal color.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Roberto Kenobi ()
Tijuana Oupost CO
Tijuana Oupost CO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is the this suit?

he is a pilot of A-wing, very similar to the one of X-wing

you can take references from the suit of X-wing

you can visit our forum and we will help you in which we pruned

http://z7.invisionfree.com/REBELLEGIONMEXICO/index.php?act=Login&CODE=00

Los verdaderos heroes no necesitan medallas!!
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volund Starfire wrote:
if there is another that is of better quality, I may look into it.

There are at least 3 people on these forums that make the flak vest that are better than "CB"; I treat "CB" very cautiously as they use a lot of craft foam for what are supposed to be resin/metal parts. Check the threads in this forum about flak vests.

There is also someone selling an A-Wing outfit, with A-Wing flak vest, in the Sale/Trade forum.
Active Legion Member

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green x-wing suit would be EU corellian pilot, yes?

CB makes actually, Reasonable flak vests if you could get him to sell by itself. it is properly sized and looks better than some peoples home made ones. I was actually impressed.

while some of his crap sucks, his flightsuits actually are pretty good as well. i have one here I was playing with. it is very very accurate. more so than most modified jumpsuits.

he's been taking his complaints seriously and making an effort to fix things. though his officers uniforms still need some work lol
empatojayos ()

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys!! This helps a lot!!

It's a good idea of painting a normal x-wing flightsuit green. I've seen other, quite difficult tutorials to make an x-wing flightsuit out of soldier flightsuits, but I think the CB version might be even better.

I'm indeed planning to make the Corran Horn/Correlian pilot. Green gives a special touch to the suit.

If there's someone else whose selling orange or green flightsuits in the benelux or germany, it would be great. It's the delivery that makes it expensive.

Thanks for the help so far....

Geert/Empatojayos Brand
Darth Lars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going back from Corran Horn to screen-accurate costumes for a minute ...

There is a pilot in the background in the hangar scene in ROTJ who is wearing essentially a B-wing pilot's outfit with a white X-wing helmet. The flight suit is green, the flak vest is grey and the chest box is a B-wing pilot's chest box.
The green flight suit/coveralls do not have to be modified as much as the X-wing pilot's fight suit to be screen-accurate, as they do not have the neck-flap and you never see any pockets. I guess that you will be able to find green inexpensive coveralls locally and not have to modify them at all.
The big problem might be the chest box, though, as it is quite unusual. I don't know of anybody who makes them for sale.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-wings do have arm pockets. Wink Chad recently discovered some pictures and is grumbling about the need to add them to his suit now lol.

Brandon hand made his B-wing box, maybe he could be convinced to make a new one for someone Wink

You could see if the CB guy can make you one in green... he might do it for ya. He also says he is in singapore, but some of the things I Have gotten from him actually ship from Germany.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having someone make you a green suit is a much better option than trying to paint, or dye, an orange one.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> EU Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: