Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7ff31dd22273c7957ad01a90fb312271Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Finished][New Standard] Anakin Skywalker TCW Season 3-5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AhsokaFreakingTano (Kelly Hawthorne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: [Finished][New Standard] Anakin Skywalker TCW Season 3-5 Reply with quote

Discussion will be open for two weeks and close July 3rd 2019

Image Gallery: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=anakin-skywalker-tcw-seasons-3-4-5
Front: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/0021.png
Back: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/081.jpg

Face and Hair:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/051-680x438.jpg
Hair:
Medium brown hair styled to match references
If the wearer is using a wig, all of the wearer’s natural hair must be covered by the wig.
Face:
Eyebrows are a close match to the hair/wig
Over the right eye, there is a scar that goes above the brow.
Scar should match references
Optional: Blue eye contacts.

Outer tunic:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/0062-680x510.jpg
Outer tunic is made from a material that has a visible texture (i.e. linen)
Outer tunic is a dark brown or chocolate in color
Long sleeved that are fitted but not skin tight to the wearer
The end of the sleeves tucks into the gauntlets
The hem of the outer tunic ends above the wearer’s knee and does not cover the boots.
The opening of the tunic is edged by a band approx. 2in (5cm) wide.
The opening of the tunic rests left over right with the left side ending under the tabards
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/02.jpg
The “skirt” portion of the outer tunic has no visible openings with a slight “A-line” shape and does not cling to the hips/legs of the wearer.

Inner Tunic/Undershirt:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/101-680x579.jpg
Shirt can be a full shirt or false underpiece
Shirt is a reddish brown of dark cognac in color
Color is a close match to that of the pants
Collar ends at the jugular notch of the wearer.

Tabards:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/02.jpg
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/081.jpg
Over Tabards:
Very dark brown in color leather or leather-like material
Over tabards are made from the same, or nearly the same, material as the gloves and gauntlets.
Material has no sheen and is not shiny.
Over tabards are the width of the wearer’s shoulder and do not extend more than ½in (1.27cm) past the wearer’s shoulder
Tabards extend over the wearer’s shoulder and extend past the hem of the Outer Tunic keeping a consistent width.
In the front the over tabards nearly touch at the belt, and past the belt.
In the back the tabards touch or very slightly overlap at the belt and past the belt.
Optional:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/101-680x579.jpg
A “rolled” edge on both edges of the over tabards to improve accuracy is recommended but not required.

Under tabards:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/0062-680x510.jpg
Note: Under tabard can also be done as a full pleat/tuck in the outer tunic, it does not have to be a seperate piece but the overall look needs to be the same.
Under tabards are made of the same material and color as the outer tunic and has a visible texture.
Under tabards are not visible on the inner edge of the Over Tabards and extend approx. 1in (2.54cm) past the edge of the over tabards at the shoulder.
This extension on the outer edge of the Over tabards tapers until they are just barely showing.
Under tabards end under the Obi, and do not continue past the bottom edge of the Obi or belt.

Belt/Obi:
Image URL:
Obi:
Obi is made from the same material and in the same color as the Outer Tunic
The Obi extends past the top and bottom edges of the belt no more than 1in (2.54cm) on the top and no more than 1in (2.54cm) on the bottom

Belt:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/001b.jpg
Belt is brown or cognac in color and made from leather or leather-like material
Belt is made to match references with a thinner strip centered on the wider strip and a light gold rectangular buckle detail in the center front of the belt.
Right side of the belt has two (2) food capsules one silver, and one gold.
On the right side there is a brown pouch in the same color as the belt, they’re made from the same material as the belt: leather or leather-like. The flap of this pouch has a ribbed or quilted texture.
The pouch attaches to the smaller center strip of material on the main belt and are long enough to go past the belt 1-1.5in (2.54-3.81cm) proportional to the wearer.
On the left side there is a dark grey or black covertec clip or similar.
On the back of the belt there are two (2) pouches each one different and made from the same material as the rest of the belt
Pouch shapes are made to match references
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/081.jpg

Pants/leggings:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/0031.png
Close fitting pants or skin-tight leggings in a reddish brown or dark cognac color
Color is close in color to that of the undershirt.
Pants tuck into the boots

Gloves and Gauntlets
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/0053.jpg
Very dark brown gloves that properly fit the wearer's hands
Note: the Gloves and gauntlet can be separate pieces or one piece if they are separate the gloves must tuck into the gauntlets and no skin is visible.
Right Gauntlet:
Image URL:
Very dark brown glove made from leather or leather-like material
The bottom of the gauntlet covers the back of the hand of the wearer in a smooth curve shape and does not cover the knuckles.
External stitching giving a quilted appearance of bands that are perpendicular to the length of the glove and are located between each metal buckle and across the back of the hand.
Quilted appearance should be screen accurate
The top of the gauntlet ends before the bend of the arm at the upper portion of the forearm.
There are three (3) bands at the wrist, mid-forearm, and top of the glove.
Each band is made of a wider piece of material with a smaller on laying on top
Each band has one (1) silver buckle on the topside of the arm.
These bands are made of the same material as the rest of the gauntlet and each has a smaller thinner strip in the middle of the band.
Accurate Weathering optional but highly recommended

Left Gauntlet:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/14-680x612.jpg
Very dark brown glove made from leather or leather-like material
The bottom of the gauntlet covers the back of the hand of the wearer in a smooth curve shape and does not cover the knuckles.
The top of the gauntlet ends before the elbow bend of the arm at the upper portion of the forearm.
There is a thin strip of material at the wrist of the right gauntlet
There are two slightly wider strips of material towards the top of the glove at the widest part of the wearer’s forearm.
Accurate Weathering optional but highly recommended
Optional: Compad
If compad is present it is on the left gauntlet.
Compad is painted a gunmetal grey or black color closely matching the base gauntlet, the two (2) circular buttons on the compad are light gold in color.

Boots:
Image URL: http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/0031.png
Brown boots made of leather or leather-like material
Boots can be one piece or a boot and a spat, if a boot and spat the boots must tuck into the spats and the top of the boots cannot show.
The front of the boots at the top does not cover the wearer’s knee ending right below the knee.
In the back, the spat portion ends below the front at the upper portion of the calf.
The spat portion of the boot is made up of many vertical strips of material.
Strips are wider at the top than the ankle and are evenly spaced and proportional to the wearer.
The spats are well fitted to the wearer.
There are two (2) thin bands of the same material at the top of the boot spat portion and one (1) strip at the bottom by the ankle.
Accurate weathering optional but highly recommended.

Lightsaber (optional):
Character accurate lightsaber if bladed the blade is blue
Hilt only is allowed and should match the character references.

Optional:
Brown-hooded Jedi Cloak matching references

Last edited by AhsokaFreakingTano (Kelly Hawthorne) on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hinotori ()
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I'm approved with this costume and i don't have "Under Tabards" / Fabric Tabards like The Anakin ROTS costume.
i think it is more a "Sleevless" Outer Tunic.
I made mine as:
1.) a inner Tunic with long sleeves and the round Neck
2.) a long outer Tunic, without sleeves

And i would also add the collor "redish" or red-brown to the tunic.
in different lights it seem to be more red than brown (the collor depent on the lightnig / animated style) . For My Tunic i choose a red/brown linen.

If needed i can send you my Pictures.
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=17930&bu=coslist.php%3Fview%3Dmy&bl=Back+to+my+costumes

My little Description Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hinotori wrote:
Hello!
I'm approved with this costume and i don't have "Under Tabards" / Fabric Tabards like The Anakin ROTS costume.
i think it is more a "Sleevless" Outer Tunic.
I made mine as:
1.) a inner Tunic with long sleeves and the round Neck
2.) a long outer Tunic, without sleeves

And i would also add the collor "redish" or red-brown to the tunic.
in different lights it seem to be more red than brown (the collor depent on the lightnig / animated style) . For My Tunic i choose a red/brown linen.

If needed i can send you my Pictures.

Approvals in the past are fine, and just because you were approved in one manner does not mean that future members will continue to do so.
If I saw parts of the "inner tunic without sleeves" i would have written it as such but given the references, there's no evidence of that.
Hinotori ()
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry but this thread is to discuss the standard.

And in my opinion i don't see under-fabric tabards.
Even in your Links like the back side - there are only the leather tabards visible.
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i checked this Picture;

http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/081.jpg

Whene there should be Under Tabards, this should be seen on the insinde of the leather tabards or? (on the middle back side section between the shoulders) Do we have more references for it? If yes, i agree the under tabards Wink From this back of view i don't agree Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard edited to fix the issue with the wording on the boots, mistaken wording about the front of the boot covering the wearer's knee was incorrect and has been fixed.
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Kelly is calling under-tabbards is the animated version of the shoulder tucks that the film costumes have. They seem to be.... very exaggerated here, to the point where an under-tabbard that only shows out the one side could be a very valid way to accomplish the look. Otherwise, it's a hilariously large tuck in the tunic that's not just for the shoulders, but extends all the way down to the waist on both sides.

In terms of patterning, I would think the under-tabbard is much easier, but if that is absent I'd say we need to require the full torso tuck on each side. One or the other, but both are okay.

Sew Corellian
KJO DXO
Celestia Delegation Leader
Sunrider Base Webmaster

Retired LWM, BCO, BMO
Hinotori ()
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who agrees with my opinion about the reddish / maroon color of the tunic?
It's definitely not only brown.
In Season 1-3 it's also a blue/red combo.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, according to my color pulls, it is brown:

The thing about the color brown is that it can cover a pretty wide range- in this case, the model reflects a warm brown, and that's as far as I'd take the wording. We run into this a lot with Padme standards too; color differences can be extremely subtle and most of the time we'd rather err on the side of safety with the standards, rather than risk someone submitting a tunic that's too red to be approved. Smile

Sew Corellian
KJO DXO
Celestia Delegation Leader
Sunrider Base Webmaster

Retired LWM, BCO, BMO
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

The tunic of Anakin TCW is brown. Many times in animated series, unlike movies with real actors, colors can be confused, depending on the range, contrast and light that the animation has.

Also, as Lisa says, there is a wide variety of browns. It is correct that we try to limit and try to specify as much as possible a single type of color, since it can bring confusion to someone who wants to do it is Costume.

Yours! Wink
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

DarthVaderkin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would the over tabs be black? They don't appear black to me but rather a darker brown like in ROTS. I have never picked up black in the tabards during seasons 3- and later, but rather brown.

Black would be too contrasting, especially when black in the series is definitely black no matter the shade. The over tabs definitely appear dark brown to me
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthVaderkin wrote:
Why would the over tabs be black? They don't appear black to me but rather a darker brown like in ROTS. I have never picked up black in the tabards during seasons 3- and later, but rather brown.

Black would be too contrasting, especially when black in the series is definitely black no matter the shade. The over tabs definitely appear dark brown to me

I can see your point on that, it'd have to be a very dark brown, but I see where you're coming from. It's mostly the weathering pattern and the fact that the color is the same as the gloves.
Alteration will be made.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edits to the following have been made:
Note to allow the 'under tabard' to be a full tuck/pleat in the outer tunic.
Changing the gloves, gauntlets, and tabards to Very dark brown instead of 'dark grey or black'
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hinotori wrote:
Who agrees with my opinion about the reddish / maroon color of the tunic?
It's definitely not only brown.
In Season 1-3 it's also a blue/red combo.

I'm not sure I understand your point... "In season 1-3 it's also a blue/red combo" Well this not the season 1-2 standard this is the season 3-5 so it is not "also" blue/red combo... since there is defincatly no blue on this costume and as has been discussed... no reddish/maroon.

To use your own statement about Season 1-3 (really season 1-2) I took the liberty of doing some color grabs to compare them. If you'd like I can give you the CMYK/Pantone numbers that coordinate the 1-2 into a maroon (which is why the revision states that) and the 3-5 into a brown family.
Hope this helps you.
The outer tunic will remain brown in color.
Have a magical day.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: