About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=533b59796b5a377ea2be9555d49de007Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Happy Xmas & on to the New Year! Support those in need..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Elstree Base -> Elstree Base Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Happy Xmas & on to the New Year! Support those in need.. Reply with quote

Just a quick thread to wish everyone a fantastic xmas season and a great New Year.

Every year has its ups and downs for us on a personal basis Im sure, but on the whole we have a lot to be thankful for when we look at the bigger picture dont we.

What we have achieved
A huge thanks to everyone for supporting the Rebel Legion throughout this last year....whether at events or online...I hope that you've had fun and enjoyed our activities as a club. There's a lot more to come in 2008 believe me!

A big thanks also to the command guys Steve, DaveATM, Kev and Nige, who work their socks off relentlessly in the background for the club, so that everyone can turn up at well run events and enjoy the fun without problem. We are all 'volunteers' and I am sure that we are all thankful for their efforts to support the club.
Cool

You'll be pleased to know that you all helped in some shape or fashion raise over £19,000/26,500 Euros for registered UK charities this year! We may not be a biggest club in the UK, but what we do we do well. There are a lot of people out there thankful and benefitting from what we have contributed to across our communities, that without our contribution may not have done so. That helps define why we do what we do and our approach at RL UK. Its good to see that with so many members across the country, that the South is now taking off for events. Thanks to all those active people who are making the effort. Well done to you all - much appreciated! Lets keep up the great work into 2008 and beyond.

Supporting those in need
As most of you know, Im not at all the 'religious type', but I do sincerely believe in celebrating this time of year for other reasons, as an opportunity to look back retrospectively at what we have achieved and positively to welcome in the New Year to come with a renewed enthusiasm.

As we are all busy and are often miles apart I'd love to send you all a seasons greetings card.....but what I'd like to do (or encourage you to do too) instead is to use the money that I would have spent in postage or on cards to people and donate it to www.starlight.org.uk , who will benefit much more than the value of a piece of card that will end up in our bins after the New Year. The money that Starlight recieve is always gratefully recieved and as you all know, put to fantastic use to brighten the lives of seriously ill or terminally ill children. If you feel the same, then I'd encourage you to donate to them by << clicking here >>

Here's to a great 2008 guys and gals - May the Force be with us all!!

Ben

Rebel Legion Council Emeritus : Base Command Liaison Officer - 2007/08
Rebel Legion UK Emeritus : Commanding Officer - 2005 to 2009
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Elstree Base -> Elstree Base Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: