Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1dcfa19a97a441c36690ac45deb47b2eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Endor Base! Feel free to introduce yourself :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 1887
Location: Fairfield, Ca, USA
Medals: 7 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hagen wrote:
Greetings Endor Base,
Figured I should introduce myself here as well. Real name is James, but go by my Mando's name of Hagen (know to many James' Razz )
Working on an Old Man Rex that I have most of the parts for. Should start making head way on it after the new year.
Have a good one,
Hagen


Looking forward to seeing your costume.
_________________
Endor Base Commanding Officer
Union Leader: Tibana Miners Union Local 1980
Union Leader: Jeerota Tana

• "Wren" Jedi Knight
• "Jek Porkins" X-Wing Pilot
• "Willrow Hood" Rebel Hero
• "Jek Snowkins" Snowspeeder Pilot
• "Gareth Ward" Rebel Fleet Trooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JohnstonMR (Michael Johnston)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 06 Dec 2015
Posts: 79
Location: Sacramento, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Endor Base. I just got approved as a Jedi; glad to meet you all.

In meatspace, I'm located in Sacramento.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 1887
Location: Fairfield, Ca, USA
Medals: 7 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnstonMR wrote:
Hello, Endor Base. I just got approved as a Jedi; glad to meet you all.

In meatspace, I'm located in Sacramento.


Congrats! You should be receiving your welcome to Endor Base info soon!!!
_________________
Endor Base Commanding Officer
Union Leader: Tibana Miners Union Local 1980
Union Leader: Jeerota Tana

• "Wren" Jedi Knight
• "Jek Porkins" X-Wing Pilot
• "Willrow Hood" Rebel Hero
• "Jek Snowkins" Snowspeeder Pilot
• "Gareth Ward" Rebel Fleet Trooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Seralu ()



Joined: 22 Sep 2015
Posts: 5
Location: Northern California
Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Hello from Bay Area, CA! Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I realized I had joined the RL forum in 2015 and forgot to introduce myself in the general forum area. So I did today and figured I would here as well since I saw forum members introducing themselves here as well.

I live in Fremont, CA about 30-40 mins south of SF (1-2 hours with traffic). I was a default Star Wars fan due to my brother growing up, but eventually fell in love with it on my own as I got older and ended up being in Fine Arts as my major in college. Got to love and appreciate the costumes and special effects in the movies!

I am working on a Sabine season 3 costume in hopes to be approved here. I know the CRL is not out yet for that...but I am just starting on it so I hope that the CRL for season 3 for her will be out by the time I finish. If not, will I still be able to apply with her?

I will be posting progress photos soon. I am super excited to get her finished and start trooping as her!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 1887
Location: Fairfield, Ca, USA
Medals: 7 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from Bay Area, CA! Reply with quote

Seralu wrote:
Hello everyone!

I realized I had joined the RL forum in 2015 and forgot to introduce myself in the general forum area. So I did today and figured I would here as well since I saw forum members introducing themselves here as well.

I live in Fremont, CA about 30-40 mins south of SF (1-2 hours with traffic). I was a default Star Wars fan due to my brother growing up, but eventually fell in love with it on my own as I got older and ended up being in Fine Arts as my major in college. Got to love and appreciate the costumes and special effects in the movies!

I am working on a Sabine season 3 costume in hopes to be approved here. I know the CRL is not out yet for that...but I am just starting on it so I hope that the CRL for season 3 for her will be out by the time I finish. If not, will I still be able to apply with her?

I will be posting progress photos soon. I am super excited to get her finished and start trooping as her!




Awesome. Welcome! Looking forward to your Sabine.
_________________
Endor Base Commanding Officer
Union Leader: Tibana Miners Union Local 1980
Union Leader: Jeerota Tana

• "Wren" Jedi Knight
• "Jek Porkins" X-Wing Pilot
• "Willrow Hood" Rebel Hero
• "Jek Snowkins" Snowspeeder Pilot
• "Gareth Ward" Rebel Fleet Trooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
darkwolf ()



Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 14
Location: San Jose, CA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!!

Met a bunch of Endor base folk yesterday at Silicon Valley Comic Con. Thanks everyone for being so friendly and welcoming. Im going to get my jedi up and running so I can join you guys at future events Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 1887
Location: Fairfield, Ca, USA
Medals: 7 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwolf wrote:
Hey there!!

Met a bunch of Endor base folk yesterday at Silicon Valley Comic Con. Thanks everyone for being so friendly and welcoming. Im going to get my jedi up and running so I can join you guys at future events Smile


Looking forward to adding you to our ranks.
_________________
Endor Base Commanding Officer
Union Leader: Tibana Miners Union Local 1980
Union Leader: Jeerota Tana

• "Wren" Jedi Knight
• "Jek Porkins" X-Wing Pilot
• "Willrow Hood" Rebel Hero
• "Jek Snowkins" Snowspeeder Pilot
• "Gareth Ward" Rebel Fleet Trooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cptmonty ()



Joined: 24 Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Location: San Jose, CA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone!

I'm David from San Jose. I spoke to a few of your members at Silicon Valley Comic Con and that got me excited about working a Jedi costume. Ultimately, I would like to make a Temple Guard but I need to work on my sewing skills, so I'm going to work on a generic Jedi first.

I'm not totally new to Star Wars costuming as I am an official member of the Wolves of Mandalore Clan of the Mandalorian Mercs.

I'm looking forward to starting on my next costume and meeting all of you soon!

-David
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 1887
Location: Fairfield, Ca, USA
Medals: 7 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, David! May the Force be with you.
_________________
Endor Base Commanding Officer
Union Leader: Tibana Miners Union Local 1980
Union Leader: Jeerota Tana

• "Wren" Jedi Knight
• "Jek Porkins" X-Wing Pilot
• "Willrow Hood" Rebel Hero
• "Jek Snowkins" Snowspeeder Pilot
• "Gareth Ward" Rebel Fleet Trooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PDelahanty (Patrick Delahanty)



Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Location: North of San Francisco, CA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm Patrick and I'm from Petaluma, but originally from New England prior to 4 years ago. I've got some friends back east who have been in the 501st and Rebel Legion for years. Since I've been costuming for 17 years (and have attended over 150 fan conventions too), I figure it's about time that I finally did a Star Wars costume and joined all of you...especially since I live so close to Rancho Obi-Wan. (That makes my friends at Alderaan Base and in the New England Garrison quite jealous, BTW.)

I've talked with several members at various events over the last few years...most recently at Silicon Valley Comic Con last weekend. I'm excited to get started on my Jedi temple guard costume (Star Wars Rebels version).

My wife has had a Sabine costume (early 1st season version) for a couple years now, but it needs some finishing touches before it's ready to be considered for approval. (Just painting of the guns and the grey stripe on her shirt.) She's currently drawing up a sketch of a potential generic Jedi librarian costume for consideration. (We know there is unfortunately no such standard for generic Jedi librarians, but think something can be worked out even if she has to make some modifications so it fits the "generic Jedi" standard.)

Anyway, looking forward to trooping with you folks in the not too distant future! Smile
_________________
I attend a lot of conventions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
madar1a (Anna Pawlicka)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 22 Mar 2017
Posts: 34
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all!

I met a couple of Endor base members at Silicon Valley Comic Con. Thank you for being so friendly and showing us the awesome lightsabers! I'm making a couple of improvements to my Rey costume and then I'll take some photos and submit application. I really hope I can join you at future events. I'm based in Walnut Creek (East SF Bay) IRL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Brad ()



Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

My name is Brad, and I live in the East Bay/Contra Costa County. I was recently inspired to assemble a Rebel Fleet Trooper costume (and also an Imperial Navy Trooper, they seem to be two sides of the same coin to me). I'm not a costumer in general and my last convention was a Star Trek convention in Virginia almost 25 years ago.

A nameless rebel fleet trooper is the first close-up of a human character you see in Episode IV....I remember this very vividly when I first saw "Star Wars" in 1977 at the Century in San Jose with my family. The entire Star Destroyer boarding sequence at the start let everyone in 1977 know that....well, this movie was different.

The rebel fleet trooper is notable in that they are immediately killed or captured by stormtroopers of otherwise questionable marksmanship ability and competence. But for whatever reason, they stuck out to me, as did their Imperial counterpart, the Imperial Naval Trooper.

I was inspired to put these together by my older son, who is fascinated by evil characters (Sith) but I wanted to show the flag for the forces of good.

I'm not quite done putting everything together, but progress indicates at the very least possibly one of the better Halloween costumes I have put together in several years.

~B
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO


Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 1887
Location: Fairfield, Ca, USA
Medals: 7 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had my RFT approved and it's currently my fav costume. It's iconic Star Wars and my most comfortable to wear. Good luck!


Brad wrote:
Hey all,

My name is Brad, and I live in the East Bay/Contra Costa County. I was recently inspired to assemble a Rebel Fleet Trooper costume (and also an Imperial Navy Trooper, they seem to be two sides of the same coin to me). I'm not a costumer in general and my last convention was a Star Trek convention in Virginia almost 25 years ago.

A nameless rebel fleet trooper is the first close-up of a human character you see in Episode IV....I remember this very vividly when I first saw "Star Wars" in 1977 at the Century in San Jose with my family. The entire Star Destroyer boarding sequence at the start let everyone in 1977 know that....well, this movie was different.

The rebel fleet trooper is notable in that they are immediately killed or captured by stormtroopers of otherwise questionable marksmanship ability and competence. But for whatever reason, they stuck out to me, as did their Imperial counterpart, the Imperial Naval Trooper.

I was inspired to put these together by my older son, who is fascinated by evil characters (Sith) but I wanted to show the flag for the forces of good.

I'm not quite done putting everything together, but progress indicates at the very least possibly one of the better Halloween costumes I have put together in several years.

~B

_________________
Endor Base Commanding Officer
Union Leader: Tibana Miners Union Local 1980
Union Leader: Jeerota Tana

• "Wren" Jedi Knight
• "Jek Porkins" X-Wing Pilot
• "Willrow Hood" Rebel Hero
• "Jek Snowkins" Snowspeeder Pilot
• "Gareth Ward" Rebel Fleet Trooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Brad ()



Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It's been fun finding and assembling everything, and assuming tailoring goes well, I may be close to the finish line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthSloan ()



Joined: 30 Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Location: Alaska
Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: hey from Anchorage Alaska Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I am the current CO of the 501st Alaska outpost and usually do events as Darth Vader. I do have a generic jedi in development but it will be a few months before I am ready to join the RL.

We have a central forum setup for Anyone in Alaska or coming to alaska for a visit that would like to troop. Visit www.ak501st.com and sign up. In the Anchorage/Valley area we are very active with hospitals and other charity work and would love to have you join us. Since Alaska is so remote and since we have a couple of Mercs a couple of jedi and a few more on the way, we work hard to include everyone in events.

Hopefully soon I'll be ready to join the Rebel Legion until then Cheers and may the force be with you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group