About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dc2035ac5b71e676d5bed8b0d650a566Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Endor Base! Feel free to introduce yourself :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali-Ra Shonoki ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

My name is Cali-Ra Shonoki (Sarah) and I am from the North Bay Area.

I have been a Star Wars fanatic for years - this universe is AMAZING! I just officially joined the Rebel Legion TODAY and am so excited to be part of this awesome group! I have been wanting to join for quite some time and had most of my costume ready for a number of years. I just needed to work on the finishing touches. Despite all the craziness in my life, I finally got it done and now I'm in!! Very Happy

I can't wait to meet fellow Star Wars fanatics here and around the world. I am looking forward to participating in the events around here and am SUPER excited about CVI!! I attended Celebration Europe and only got to one day of CV Sad , and they were fantastic!

I hope to meet everyone soon, and May the Force Be With You!
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Endor Base Sarah! Keep your eye on the Base Events thread for upcoming activities.
Endor Base XO
Endor Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And feel free to join our Facebook group if you haven't already.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/53189853180/

Einstein

roguehunter (Russell Hunter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: New Recruit here..... Reply with quote

Good day all,

My name is Russ Hunter and I am a new member of the Rebel Legion. I am a native of San Francisco and live in the city. I have been a fan of Star Wars since the SECOND screening in 1977 at the Coronet Theater. (what I mean is that I was at the theater for the second showing, only 50-75 persons were in the theater for that showing)

I decided to join the Rebel Legion after being recomended by a friend on Facebook. I alos found your Base FB page on there and asked to be a part of the group last week, but have yet to receive a reply.

I would make myself available to the Base in any facet needed. I am familiar with volunteering as I am currently holding 3+ positions within the Golden Gate District Boy Scouts Council. Am also a "Wood Badger" for the Scouts as well.

I am looking forward to being a part of this Base as well as assisting with recruiting as well as public appearances. I am also looking forward to meeting all of you as well!!!
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Greetuings Nobel Rebels of Endor Base Reply with quote

I had recently contacted the Rebel Legion to get some information and learn more about the organization, and in the process of my initial communication, inform of my intentions to commission a (Generic) Jedi and start involving myself in the good deeds that the Rebel Legion gather together to do. In that communication, I had asked about the possibility of anyone residing in Northern California area (Solano County) who might want to possibly meet and share in the love of Star Wars.

I apologize for possibly jumping the gun here, I have no idea of the protocol on what to do (and what not to do) so if this communication is premature, I apologize. Being as I live in Fairfield, it was recommended that I contact the Endor Base and so I am. Here's a bit about myself.

My name is Donald and (as previously mentioned) I live in Fairfield, CA. I've been an avid fan of Star Wars since first seeing it as a child in 1977 in theaters. I have always carried my love for the Wars with me, throughout my entire life, and some years ago my passion for Star Wars was rekindled with a combination of the Clone Wars and the ForceCast and I have been as passionate as I have ever been since.

I have been interested in the Rebel Legion (as well as the 501st) for many years (since I first learned about it at WonderCon some years ago though was a bit apprehensive in contacting. I've finally gotten over those barriers and I am ready to be a part of something so much bigger than myself..

What I love most about your organization is how not only do you get together and share your love for Star Wars (and all it entails) but you get together and do such good with the charities you work with and for. That's really what inspired me in this desire to be a part of the Legion.

I am deep in the search for a Generic Jedi costume (not sure of the propper term for it) and would like to be a part of the Legion as soon as I am able. I would like to create a basic Generic Jedi and (and make it Formal asap).

I'm not sure if I am able to be a part of the Endor Base without of costume, but I hope to be a part of this any way I can.

Thanks for creating this community for us Wars fans and I hope to be a part of this base (if accepted).

Thank you.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Knights of the Jedi Order
SkyWalker Temple
roguehunter (Russell Hunter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too will look forward to meeting you as well, Donald. Like you, I'm new here and am waiting on my outfit to be confirmed by the RL judge. There are PLENTY of resources on the RL forum as to the specifications as well as detailed instructions on completing an outfit. I would suggest checking them out to get a better idea as to what you want to create.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to both of you, I have been here but a short while myself. I am still in the process of pulling together my costume. Over in the Jedi forum Draeden they have an area that you can post a Work In Progress (WIP) of your Jedi build and ask for help and show your progress for others (even some of the judges) to take a look and give you tips and advice on the road to making an approved costume.

Granted this is somthing I need to do, but I don't have any pics of my progress yet. . .so. Embarassed

I would look forward to meeting you both as well, but I am currently the sole heir to the Tundra at the moment. So. . .yup. R2 D2
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald - have a look around in the actual Emporium under this forum: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=480

You'd have more luck there potentially finding sources for pieces you may want for your costume, since this forum is specific to our base only.

Also look at our Jedi forums and ask questions there if you've found parts/costume bits and want to ask if they would work or not for your build.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kay-Dee. Right now, I'm looking at eBay sites where they are offering to custom make a set for you, prices are reasonable. Do I need to be concerned about the fabric at all or is color the main concern?

Kay_Dee wrote:
Donald - have a look around in the actual Emporium under this forum: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=480

You'd have more luck there potentially finding sources for pieces you may want for your costume, since this forum is specific to our base only.

Also look at our Jedi forums and ask questions there if you've found parts/costume bits and want to ask if they would work or not for your build.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Knights of the Jedi Order
SkyWalker Temple
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay can be tricky, so that's why I sort of suggested having a look at our forums too and I think I sent you information a while back for a local woman to the bay area (who happens to also have an ebay store) who has made costumes for many of our members.

Specific characters like Anakin for example are trickiest to get on places like ebay because they must be made with very specific fabrics, have the proportions of the Obi and all the parts perfect, and a lot of little semi-hidden details in them to be accepted by our club. Many ebay sellers don't cater to our movie authentic group - they cater to people who want a really nice Halloween/Party costume for the most part but scrimp on the finer details and fabrics.

So the best thing to do is if you are finding some things you are considering on ebay, ask around in the Jedi forum "are these pouches good? Is this belt acceptable that I'm thinking of buying?"

Generally, the more you pay... it's because you are getting higher quality and craftsmanship & attention to proportions and detail.

The colors are a concern - so look at the character you are interested in, or if Generic Jedi - read through those standards very carefully as there are some colors and combinations that can not be accepted by the Rebel Legion. Fabric... that's tougher and there is no clear standard for it on the Generic Jedi. I try to stay away from things that are thin or flat in texture since most Jedi garments in the movie are made from things with a bit of texture or body to the fabric. Think of it this way, you wouldn't want to make a Jedi tunic out of 100% cotton bed sheet or shirting material even if it were a high thread count (i.e high quality). It's too thin. But Crinkled cotton or cotton/poly blend gauze (some call it calcutta cotton) is excellent. A Jedi robe out of a thin flat cotton broad cloth or sheeting would also be ill advised. So that's where the fabric issue could come into play.

Look at things, and ask opinions in the Jedi forum. Hard to give feedback until we can see what you are looking at Smile And make sure before you actually buy - contact one of the Jedi costume judges! Sometimes people respond with advise in the Jedi forum and they are not costume judges - they might not be giving you the correct information about something being approvable (though many do have good advise).

Draeden Wren wrote:
Thanks Kay-Dee. Right now, I'm looking at eBay sites where they are offering to custom make a set for you, prices are reasonable. Do I need to be concerned about the fabric at all or is color the main concern?

Kay_Dee wrote:

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
beasley_d ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Hello All Reply with quote

I joined the Rebel Legion yesterday, and I am currently working on costumes for myself and my wife.
We were recruited by Tuskan Mother and Crazy Old Wizard, whom we met and got on the topic of Star Wars merely because we have twin dogs named Luke and Leia. We attended our first meeting of the Twin Suns this weekend, and met some great people local to Visalia, where we live, who share our interests.
In the last two days we have researched the costume forums and tutorials and have purchased the orange jumpsuits, webbing, buckles, and even found an original 6B helmet to begin the conversion. Hopefully soon we will have everything together and up to standards to join.

I thank you all for all the hard work you have done before us, giving us a treasure trove of information to search through and learn from, and I would like to apologize in advance for all of my "stupid" questions which I am sure I will post.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello All Reply with quote

Welcome Beasley! Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a Corsair pilot! I'm glad you found our forums and I know the pilot forum has a lot of great information with people to guide you. The Emporium may also have some things that can help your build if you check there regularly.

And you would not be the first couple to join rebel legion due to the name of your pet. Our members RunaMuk and Jesslyn (well, they are Sunrider Base now) joined because the person working at their dog's vet clinic was a 501st member and loved the name of their dog "Obi" - she told them all about the costuming she and her husband do!

It will be a fun journey, I know Scott and Jessica can attest to it being much more than having a costume. You meet so many people, participate in so many amazing events, it can almost be life changing due to the connections you make with others through this hobby.

beasley_d wrote:
I joined the Rebel Legion yesterday, and I am currently working on costumes for myself and my wife.
We were recruited by Tuskan Mother and Crazy Old Wizard, whom we met and got on the topic of Star Wars merely because we have twin dogs named Luke and Leia. We attended our first meeting of the Twin Suns this weekend, and met some great people local to Visalia, where we live, who share our interests.
In the last two days we have researched the costume forums and tutorials and have purchased the orange jumpsuits, webbing, buckles, and even found an original 6B helmet to begin the conversion. Hopefully soon we will have everything together and up to standards to join.

I thank you all for all the hard work you have done before us, giving us a treasure trove of information to search through and learn from, and I would like to apologize in advance for all of my "stupid" questions which I am sure I will post.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Jancelot ()

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all. Some of you might have met me at joint events with the GGG. I've decided to dip my toe in to the Rebel Legion side and have an X-Wing pilot in progress. The biggest hurdles left are painting the helmet (or finding a source) and the flak vest. Cheers!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, have you had a look in our Star Wars costume parts forum under the "Emporium"? I believe you might find some people who are doing runs of helmets there? But yeah, painting can be daunting. I know Dbuck is really good with painting so he might be able to give some pointers. And the flak vest... yeah those are time consuming to sew (that, I've done - they take quite some time and skill to get all those channels in there evenly). I'm not sure if anyone in RL is offering those up at the moment. Worth poking around on the pilot forums here as well as the costume parts for sale forums.

Jancelot wrote:
Hey all. Some of you might have met me at joint events with the GGG. I've decided to dip my toe in to the Rebel Legion side and have an X-Wing pilot in progress. The biggest hurdles left are painting the helmet (or finding a source) and the flak vest. Cheers!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
dbuck (david buckley)
Endor Base XO
Endor Base XO

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to contact me about any pilot costume questions, including helmets.

All that research and so little opportunity to use it. Smile

Einstein

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: