About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8b8d4632a1a684075deeb0eb0d7947c1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Endor Base! Feel free to introduce yourself :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowbybill ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Bill and I'm from the east bay, the Pleasanton/Livermore area.
I just joined the Rebel Legion Boards as a way to get help with my first attempt at a Jedi uniform (I'm looking to put together a replica of Mace Windu's tunic and robes) If the costume comes out the way I hope it does I'll possibly submit it for acceptance into Endor Base.
While I have always enjoyed Star Wars, it wasn't until after Wondercon this year I realized that it was possible to recreate the Star Wars uniforms, armor, droids, etc. to the degree of realism and accuracy I put into my other uniforms.
I am a WWII reenactor and the attention to detail to my infantry uniform is now being directed into the Jedi uniform as all my uniforms/costumes must look as realistic as possible.
I am also one of the founding members of the "Bay Area Ghostbusters" (yes, we were the guys in the proton packs walking around) a not for profit organization who dress like the Ghostbusters and raise money for various charites.
After talking to some folks at wondercon and hearing that you folks do the same work I figured if I could meet the standards and be accepted why not do even more for the community, espacally during these tough times.
Anyways everyone I met at Wondercon seemed real freindly and you all looked amazing in your gear, I knew that weekend I wanted to attempt this.
Well that's it for now I've got to get back to work reasearching all the componets of the uniform (I don't sew or do leather work so this will be a challenge) Thanks for letting me ramble on Smile
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Bill! I do remember the ghostbusters at WonderCon.

I'm sure you'll find a lot of help here on the boards. If you haven't already, make sure you visit the jedi costume section - lots of good threads and tutorials there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome..and the info on the threads I should review. There's a heck of alot of information here!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Bill! Thanks for visiting our Rebel Legion table at WonderCon. That would be great to have a Jedi costume added to your collection! Please be sure to check out our updated Standards page for Generic Jedi at the main Rebel Legion home page, and be sure to ask any questions you have along the way in our Jedi costuming forum on this web site.

So, do you know Dave Wong? I'm pretty sure he is one of the Ghostbusters guys out here. I know him primarily through Battlestar costuming Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
cowbybill ()

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Welcome Bill! Thanks for visiting our Rebel Legion table at WonderCon. That would be great to have a Jedi costume added to your collection! Please be sure to check out our updated Standards page for Generic Jedi at the main Rebel Legion home page, and be sure to ask any questions you have along the way in our Jedi costuming forum on this web site.

So, do you know Dave Wong? I'm pretty sure he is one of the Ghostbusters guys out here. I know him primarily through Battlestar costuming Smile

I don't know Dave Wong. However I do have a question for you guys.
Can you recommend anybody who makes high quality Jedi boots and belts?
I've been searching the internet and can't seem to fnd anything that doesn't look like a deluxe store bought costume. I'm sewing impaired so this is something I don't even want to attempt myself. I've looked into the Jedi costuming boards but have yet to find any information on a good manufacturer.
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about boots (I happened to find some I liked on clearance at a store), but have you considered making your own belt? There are tutorials out there. I made mine with some belt blanks from Tandy Leather plus some rivets. No sewing required! Just needed a leather punch for holes. It can be tricky to find a nice belt buckle.

You could also check the for sale/trade thread. I think you can see that when you're not a full member yet? You'll see members putting costume items up for sale there.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=96

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill, welcome

Some of the nicest Jedi boots are made by motorcowboy.com. You could also check Google or Ebay for any tall horse-riding boots.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
C HERM ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys,

thought i'd join up since i see a lot of you guys regularly. perhaps you may act as enablers toward new costumes!

see y'all round,

carey
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Carey - welcome to Endor Base! So what's up with the Orange in your Avatar? LOL!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
C HERM ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Hey Carey - welcome to Endor Base! So what's up with the Orange in your Avatar? LOL!

hey thanks for the welcome! what's this about my orange?! wasn't it my formal costume submission!!?

can't wait to troop w/ the RL!

thanks,
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanL wrote:
Hi Bill, welcome

Some of the nicest Jedi boots are made by motorcowboy.com. You could also check Google or Ebay for any tall horse-riding boots.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Motorcowboy is getting too overpriced, IMO. Try this guy - he's an RL member and also makes custom boots, at a lower cost:

https://www.facebook.com/stanakaticfanpage?sk=wall#!/media/set/?set=a.101718193208620.834.101155519931554

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C HERM wrote:
hey guys,

thought i'd join up since i see a lot of you guys regularly. perhaps you may act as enablers toward new costumes!

see y'all round,

carey

Welcome to the world of costumes you can sit in.!

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C HERM wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:

hey thanks for the welcome! what's this about my orange?! wasn't it my formal costume submission!!?

can't wait to troop w/ the RL!

thanks,

Nope, just your Clone. You submitted your clone twice actually Smile So is that your pilot costume or a borrowed one to see what the prison jumpsuit orange is like. LOL!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kapal-Kan (Trevor Ka'opua)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now onto my own region. I just intro'd myself on the general forum. I'm an art student in San Francisco who has always been into the galaxy far, far away. Only recently have I gotten into costuming and to see the enthusiasm that all of you here showcase has only made me want to dip my feet in too.

I'm just fascinated to see that there are fans out there bigger than I am and it validates my own interests. It's also great to know that there are people in my area that are so into playing out there childhood's good times. I can't wait to see what you all have to offer, here and in person!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Trevor! It looks like you've got a Jedi costume in your Avatar! It would be great if you could submit it to your costume database to become a full member of Rebel Legion in order to participate in some fun activities with us! If you want to double check our costume standards check-list for old and new republic Generic Jedi before taking submission photos (often helps since the first costume has to have enough "formal" parts) they are listed here:

Old Republic: http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8882

New Republic (Easier, requires fewer items) http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8883

Once you are a full member you'll have acess to our events forum and members only forum. But without submitting a costume or being a full formal member the events forums are still hidden to you Sad

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: