About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=946e962d29b9c03d9188985b32f88816Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Endor Base! Feel free to introduce yourself :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jancelot ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a MonCal helmet, but it's just a blank white at the moment. Vest fabric arrived today. Thus far I've made the belt and the ejection harness but I've never sewn an actual garment. I'd like to do it on my own, but reality will likely trump pride. Smile

David, I'll PM you soon re: the helmet painting. Again, I don't have much skill in this area beyond basic model painting.

Thanks!
DBoz ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all!

Just joined the forums and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I'm from the Sacramento area. I've been aware of the Rebel Legion and 501st for a long time and thought about joining, but never really worked up the courage. I'm a bit of an introvert and the thought of costuming in public is a bit intimidating to me, but I've finally decided to try and break through that barrier. I've decided to start by putting together an X-Wing Pilot uniform and try to get accepted as a full member of the Legion so I can get out and meet some people who share my interests.

I took my niece to CVI last year and we both had a blast. We're planning on going to CVII in costume (so glad it is on the West Coast this time). I was a bit worried that she might be too embarassed to go with me if I wore a costume (she's gonna be 14 in a couple months), but she is into it. She's pretty darn cool. Anyway, my goal, in addition to having a Rebel Pilot uniform, is to have my R2-D2 up and running by then, so I can participate in the R2 Builders room. I'm also starting on a Mouse Droid, so that should be fun.

Over the past couple days, while waiting for my account to be activated, I've been browsing the forums and I have noticed quite a few people who I recognize (at least their usernames) from other boards I have frequented, such as The RPF, Astromech.net and The Colonial Fleet. I'm on the first two boards under the same username as here and am Bozo on TCF, but I don't post much. I mostly just browse the cool and amazing things that people post.

Anyway, looking forward to this journey and hopefully I can manage to get a costume approved in the not too distant future so I can try and make some events.
dbuck (david buckley)
Endor Base XO
Endor Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. If there is anything I can do to help you on your costume let me know.

Einstein

Master Jedi ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Endor Base,
My name is Robert but some may remember me as "Master Jedi" from back in the day when I used to be CO of Endor Base. After about 4 years of being away from the RL and 501st I decided to return and joint the fight.
Some others may know me as Captain Cervantes from the pirate events and Festivals where my wife and I pillage and plunder.
I still have my SW costumes and I love SW so I decided to return and be a part of it again!
Boj-Vaati Mau ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy folks!
Boj-Vaati Mau out here in the Tatooine of Endor (Lathrop). Been a fan since the 70mm 6 track Dolby days and costuming since then too. Been through quite a bit over the past 36 years and through various fan groups (including founding & running the IKV Devastator for year before moving out of that area). I got involved with the Golden Gate Knights and that started me up again on SW fandom again. I'm looking forward to meeting & trooping with y'all.
Always with you, the Force will be!

Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to Endor Base! Feel free to introduce yourself : Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Allow myself to introduce . . . myself. My name is Donald Wicks, I live in Fairfield, CA. My first costume was officially deemed formal on October 23rd, 2013. Though I've entered my name into the Rebel Legion as Draeden Wren, my first (of what I hope to be many) character(s) is called simply "Wren". I am over the moon to be a part of the Rebel Legion, as well as being a part of Endor Base.

I've been a fan of Star Wars since first seeing it in May 1977 in theaters with my family. That first moment I knew I had experienced something life altering and I have been a huge fan of it ever since (even during the Dark Times).

Until now my connection with the Star Wars community has been through the various Star Wars Podcasts; such as Rebel Force Radio, Jedi Journals and of course, All Wings Report In. I've never been to any of the celebrations, because once I learned about them, they were in Florida and I have a bit of a fear of flying: I'm very excited to be heading down to Anaheim in 2015 for my first Celebration. I have seen the Rebel Legion before, though, meeting some at WonderCon (the last year it was in San Francisco) and I believe I met DBuck at a Hobby show in Petaluma.

Finally, I have become one of the Heroes (though I think one day I would like to costume for the 501st), but I've always considered myself a "good Guy" if that makes any sense. I am happy with all of my interaction with everyone so far, on various forums and whatnot, and I look forward to meeting as many of you in person one day. I already have made notes in my calendar on future events I would like to troop at.

[quote="Kay_Dee"]Greetings Endor Base members! It occurred to me that we have almost 100 full members (97 at the present time) and quite a few forum members on top of that. Yet, only a handful of us know one another or participate in Base discussions. So I'd like to take a moment to welcome all of our members; new and old, full and forum only, and give you all an opportunity to just say hello and introduce yourself.

To those who are at the forefront of the Rebel Legion and Endor Base. Thank you so much for letting me a part of this. I look forward to a great many things, and hope to do a lot of good for Star Wars and for the community.

D. Wren
Proud member of Endor Base
Proud member of Skywalker Temple
and proud to be a part of the Rebel Legion

May the Force be with You!

Some Ideas:

* When did you join the Rebel Legion?
    * What part of our base are you from?
    * What inspired you to join?
    * What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member? What does The Rebel Legion mean to you?
    * What sorts of things would you like to see happening in our Base?

------------------------------
There is no death, there is the Force.

Knights of the Jedi Order
SkyWalker Temple
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to both Boj-Vaati Mau and Donald! (And Welcome back Robert - who was officially our second Base CO in our base history.)

Sorry, I've been a bit behind on the boards just barely keeping up with the *must do* things (like updating events) while I was sewing like a mad women all through end of Sept - Oct + traveling. So it took me a while to get time to respond to this thread.

I hope you'll all check out our members only events forum and find some fun events to start participating in. I am pretty sure we have some parades coming up, perhaps a few more events at the San Jose Tech museum - new things are always announced.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks (again). I didn't realize that I acutely introduced myself last year though this one was my introduction since being made a formal member.

Smile

Kay_Dee wrote:
Welcome to both Boj-Vaati Mau and Donald! (And Welcome back Robert - who was officially our second Base CO in our base history.)

Sorry, I've been a bit behind on the boards just barely keeping up with the *must do* things (like updating events) while I was sewing like a mad women all through end of Sept - Oct + traveling. So it took me a while to get time to respond to this thread.

I hope you'll all check out our members only events forum and find some fun events to start participating in. I am pretty sure we have some parades coming up, perhaps a few more events at the San Jose Tech museum - new things are always announced.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Knights of the Jedi Order
SkyWalker Temple
edwinfabian ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself. Been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember, I'm part of other forums such as the Golden Gate Garrison and CT.net. Stumbled across this one while I was doing research and decided to join as well.

I'm in the middle of building a KW kit into a Wolfpack grunt. Does anyone know if it's possible to copy a thread from a different forum over to this one? Would love to start a WIP thread over here to get some input.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: