Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2600512d1065d1212207f0d6e8844b4eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Ground Crew Flight Suit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blipside ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Rebel Ground Crew Flight Suit Reply with quote

Good day all. I am in the process of making a Muppet Ground Crew costume and would like to be able to use everything for a rebel costume. This is going to be difficult question to answer because the lighting sucks for both of these pictures. The suit is darker that the light picture and lighter than the dark picture, it is closer to the darker picture than the lighter one. Everything is overcast today and my kitchen makes the suit look lighter than it is. Hopefully someone can give me a good feedback on if I can use this. Thanks for trying to help.

G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an older topic but the information is relevant. I wrote the Standard for the ground crewmen way back when, and this was when the SW costuming book, and the newer book( I dont own it so cant remember the name).came out with the costumes photographed in balanced lighting.
The books describe the color as light brown. They are not khaki. Tan is the US equivalent but its really not the same as UK light brown. So- heres the real question- once the coveralls are converted to correct configuration with the Rebel pocket and collar and cuff configuration, how you photograph it will play with the color. Is it grey or is it tan? Depends. Indoors without flash, indoors with flash, outoors bright sunny day in direct sun, and outdoors overcast day. All will appear different. A cell phone will pick up colors differently than a point and shoot digital camera. When Im in doubt- ESPECIALLY with tan/ light brown- i take photos outdoors on both bright sunny days and on overcast days. You can submit both sets of photos to the Judge. Ultimately its their call. I have been a Rebel Trooper Judge, so I know their struggles.

Squadron Commander, DragonSnake Squadron

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa

Commander, Deep South Mothership, Visitor Fleet.
blipside ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment. My flight suit is a version of gray. I remember seeing that gray is an approved option (haven't looked in a while), but based on your response it sounds like light brown/tan are the only acceptable options. I'll have to take some new pictures & post them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: