Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=446b7f866d8d28d06d1c36e138ab451fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Issue with Mass Mailing for Blue Ridge Base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firestarter (Steven Firestine)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Issue with Mass Mailing for Blue Ridge Base Reply with quote

Hello,

I just tried to send a mass mailing to Blue Ridge Base Members and I got the following error:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 554 5.7.1 : Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Quota Exceeded. https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215730437-SMTP-quota-limits

DEBUG MODE

Line : 153
File : smtp.php

This is the second time I've received this error.

I have successfully sent mass emails to Blue Ridge Base members in the pass and I'm able to send Mass emails to BRB Command
Legion Webmaster
Legion Webmaster

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue with Mass Mailing for Blue Ridge Base Reply with quote

Firestarter wrote:
Hello,

I just tried to send a mass mailing to Blue Ridge Base Members and I got the following error:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 554 5.7.1 : Recipient address rejected: Policy Rejection- Quota Exceeded. https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215730437-SMTP-quota-limits

DEBUG MODE

Line : 153
File : smtp.php

This is the second time I've received this error.

I have successfully sent mass emails to Blue Ridge Base members in the pass and I'm able to send Mass emails to BRB Command

Steven,
We currently send out emails with the forum using the smtp email server, but doing that we are limited to how many emails we can send out per hour, when we hit our limit you get that error. So if we change and send emails out directly using the dreamhost servers many emails are not received because we get black listed for a variety of reasons and then many of our users do not receive the email even though it was sent. Our provider dreamhost is fine for hosting but not the best for sending emails. So our choice is to be limited on how many emails we can send out per hour or have many of our users not receive them at all. The only good solution is to pay for a mail server which of course costs more money. We have looked into a few different solutions and are still considering the costs, but then everyone has to pay for it.......so in the mean time try sending your email out at a lower traffic time late at night or early in the morning and that should help.
Firestarter (Steven Firestine)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick response and exclamation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: