Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3d5f5bfca3158bb4b1625d6466ed0141Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Costume Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrg149 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milori T'Bell wrote:
Not to sound like a perv, but can you take a side shot? To see of the OT covers the butt
Also, I fear the sleeves might just fail to meet the length requirements.

I'm pretty sure I could fight in my jedi, both saber and close contact like judo

I'll take some better photos when I get the whole getup on. BUTT, I am pretty sure the OT covers my derriere. I figured the sleeves might be a bit short. Not much I can do about that.

I don't doubt you could fight...but as a first-timer in the getup...it's been eye-opening.
“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi looks loose, tabards aren’t straight, those cuffs on the OT look sad as well as being 1/2” too short. Overall, looks rumpled and slept-in. Which is not a deal breaker in and of itself; Qui-Gon wore his robes loosely.

But overall I would not call this screen-quality.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the sleeves are a problem, length-wise. It's close, but I wouldn't hold someone back based on that.

You could use some assistance dressing, just to help get everything situated just so. It's really hard to do yourself. (And that's why the strategic Velcro and/or snaps is important... so everything lays perfectly, every time, without needing assistance!) Beyond that, while we haven't seen how the sides and back look yet, or all the extras, so far I think this should be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since everyone is interested in my derriere...
Another quick dress and photo. I figure this is good practice of putting the outfit on and getting the hang of it. I am starting to see the areas where I have to give it a tug or pull to get things into place. I don't exactly have anyone to dress me that is familiar with Jedi garb, so it's just me figuring stuff out as I go.

I did put in an order at FFAO for a new undertunic dickey in Chocolate so I can break up the monotone color a little.

[/i]

and YES I will have to iron the dadgum thing before anything formal occurs.
“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a trick to make it all sit straight.
install 'straps and snaps' on the tabards, to be hidden under the belt/sash.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img708/1230/lzm5.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img853/3584/akjs.jpg
^^ the button at the center + the elastic waistband at the sides = tension.
(it keeps them from moving around).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
here's a trick to make it all sit straight.
install 'straps and snaps' on the tabards, to be hidden under the belt/sash.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img708/1230/lzm5.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img853/3584/akjs.jpg
^^ the button at the center + the elastic waistband at the sides = tension.
(it keeps them from moving around).

That is an amazing tip! Thank You!

My tabards are 2 straight pieces and I'm not sure if this would work. I could come up with a good modification though. Great idea!
– Yoda
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New undertunic makes a difference for sure!

– Yoda
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straighten your Food Capsules, and try and rig them so they’re centered on the belt. Don’t let them slip down and dangle where the clip curves over the end.
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's what I have so far

The "pouches" that came with the belt (these will need to be upgraded)

The outfit, so far...

r
– Yoda
Capt. Mayq (Mike Tripp)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just someone who is beginning to put together an outfit, but that inspires me to push forward with my own project!
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt. Mayq wrote:
Just someone who is beginning to put together an outfit, but that inspires me to push forward with my own project!

– Yoda
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally have all my parts. I'm not a fan of the "pouches" but this is what I ended up with.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Xkd5J5sZBh8gTPSvogJez2-ljrRjCTy/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i2bdzsT-R6TnwDB7WFTsm2TwUDWjP6Fs/view?usp=sharing
– Yoda
mrg149 ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put this EVA Foam pouch together for a "proof of concept" and I wonder if something like this would pass inspection in a Generic Jedi costume? Of course I would probably be doing a little different design and in brown.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1wkqxXKhkDdBg6utEBEN7TSQsiACbR6cn
– Yoda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: