Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e40c70b8de0cf8fab4aee11cdefb2349Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Questions for Judge: Generic Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimwalker (Derrick Billings)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Questions for Judge: Generic Jedi Reply with quote

So, last year I did the thing you shouldn’t do and bought some secondhand cosplay stuff and discovered that basically none of it was remotely approvable as the face character it was ostensibly for, except as the most generic possible nameless Jedi and that would still be LAME, so not doing that.

I’m making my own Generic Jedi, just you wait, but need to plan some next steps.

The only components from what I got that are really in consideration for keeping are the generic saber (worth the cost of the whole bundle TBH) and a pair of boots.

Q1: the boots are licensed cosplay-quality Anakin Skywalker boots, the kind that can be had for less than $100 at the outside. They’re a lighter brown than Anakin’s ROTS boots so I wouldn’t use them for that character, but are they approvable for Generic?

Q2: the generic Jedi I’m working on is a practice/prototype build for ROTS OWK and I’ve sent off for Tall, Short, and Grapple pouches. Are they ok to do double duty as generic Jedi belt accessories?

TL;DR, is it a problem to submit as Generic something recognizable as components of a face character? I would like to make contact with a costume judge so that don’t accidentally have defects in my submission.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Questions for Judge: Generic Jedi Reply with quote

Grimwalker wrote:
So, last year I did the thing you shouldn’t do and bought some secondhand cosplay stuff and discovered that basically none of it was remotely approvable as the face character it was ostensibly for, except as the most generic possible nameless Jedi and that would still be LAME, so not doing that.

I’m making my own Generic Jedi, just you wait, but need to plan some next steps.

The only components from what I got that are really in consideration for keeping are the generic saber (worth the cost of the whole bundle TBH) and a pair of boots.

Q1: the boots are licensed cosplay-quality Anakin Skywalker boots, the kind that can be had for less than $100 at the outside. They’re a lighter brown than Anakin’s ROTS boots so I wouldn’t use them for that character, but are they approvable for Generic?

Yes, most of the Anakin Skywalker boots are approvable however...if the flaps that cover the part of the boot that go across the top of you foot are loose and "flapping" - those would need to be secured.

Q2: the generic Jedi I’m working on is a practice/prototype build for ROTS OWK and I’ve sent off for Tall, Short, and Grapple pouches. Are they ok to do double duty as generic Jedi belt accessories?

Yes, those pouches should be good to go for a generic Jedi.

TL;DR, is it a problem to submit as Generic something recognizable as components of a face character? I would like to make contact with a costume judge so that don’t accidentally have defects in my submission.

Most components of a face character costume are generally ok...
an example of something NOT ok would be if you are submitting a generic Jedi costume with a lot of Anakin's pieces you could use just about all of them EXCEPT for Anakin's glove after he lost is hand....
that is something reserved only for an Anakin character.

I have tried to answer some of your questions (in red) above....it is difficult, however, to help without some images...where I am not currently a judge...I was a judge for Jedi costumes for almost 10 years...
things do change...
so you might want to look in the Jedi forums...judges don't generally look in Base forums...
Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: