Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fa1fc575ae1942129860ed0520df85ffMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Where to buy large size lifts/platforms?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WookieCoach ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Where to buy large size lifts/platforms? Reply with quote

Hey guys, new to the board and costume world in general. I am considering going head first on Chewy costume. I read a ton already here on the forums and I think I can handle the loop hooking with a mesh suit. I would comission out the mask and feet though. With that being said, I am just under 6'5 barefooted...literally like 6'4 3/4". I think I can make platforms work vs going the stilt route. My problem is I wear a size 14 or 15 shoe depending on manufacturer. The largest platform I can find online is 13. That simply won't work. I've seen a few posts on here with custom foam insulation lifts and I'm okay with that but any of the posts that I have seen so far, the pictures are no longer loading. I'm guessing that it is a hosting issue? Granted I haven't been through all 18 pages on the Chewbacca/Wookie forum yet, so there very well could be some tutorials that still have the pics with them and I just haven't come acrods them yet. I know I will have a ton of questions as this project gets going but it's something that I want to see through to finish! Thanks for any help as I get going and hopefully I won't bug you guys with too many questions. Finally, I was told by our local legion that to their knowledge that was only one wookie in the state of Alabama and he is located in Birmingham. Would any of you happen to know him? I'd like to contact him with questions also or if possible get his opinion in person should I have any trouble along the way. Thanks again for any help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: